Thread: Brian Gutekunst, Making No Sense

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Not worried. I think you're reading too much into that. BG wasn't confusing 40 times with the sportrac crap. He was making some broad statement about 40 times. Translates roughly to your "speed kills but you have to be careful not to just get track guys."

Anyway, the role of 'reporters' now is not to report, but to generate controversy. Beware.
    Agreed. Also, he could be all about getting speed guys, but it would do no good to show his hand ahead of the draft. The proof will be in who he drafts.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Agreed. Also, he could be all about getting speed guys, but it would do no good to show his hand ahead of the draft. The proof will be in who he drafts.
    Right. And BG trained at the feet of the master, so it's unlikely that he'll stray too far.

TT has always had tension picking guys with athletic skills over football knack. When you draft at the end of rounds, you have to find 'unconventional' ways to pick Pro Bowl level guys. One method is to bring in raw athletes (Shields) and another is to pick young guys and expect they'll mature (Clark). You have to get a reasonable number of these guys right, or you'll never replenish your roster, but I suspect the bust rate is higher. The other guys who have 'good measurables' won't fall to you and the guys who 'look solid' will have a lower ceiling.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Not worried. I think you're reading too much into that. BG wasn't confusing 40 times with the sportrac crap. He was making some broad statement about 40 times. Translates roughly to your "speed kills but you have to be careful not to just get track guys."

Anyway, the role of 'reporters' now is not to report, but to generate controversy. Beware.
    Someone has to be the 10th Man.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Someone has to be the 10th Man.
    good call. Already too many zombies on the roster.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

good call. Already too many zombies on the roster.
    They could at least bring in more zombies from 28 Days Later.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    They could at least bring in more zombies from 28 Days Later.
    See, that's the problem with the new CBA - it used to be you had 28 weeks to train new zombies. Those zombies are more ferocious pass-rushers.

The proof is actually in the pudding.