Thread: Brian Gutekunst, Making No Sense

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    That doesn't refute my point. Without BB, the Giants never beat Kelly in 1990. That was BB's #1 defense. Same in 1986 with BB's top defense (#2 pass #2 run). You could say that Parcells lucked into having LT on his roster too. But it was BB who brought out his best and it was the Giants defenses that won them those championships (as defense 'always' does).

Seriously, I do give Parcells credit, but he was never a champ without BB.
    Like I said. When BB does it without Brady and with another team like Parcells did then I will believe. Right now he is a guy living off cheating and Tom Brady. Saying the assistant is responsible for the success of the HC is....weird. The HC brought him in. I could argue that Bellicheat was never a champ without some obscure ballboy that has been with the team throughout, but that would be silly.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Like I said. When BB does it without Brady and with another team like Parcells did then I will believe. Right now he is a guy living off cheating and Tom Brady. Saying the assistant is responsible for the success of the HC is....weird. The HC brought him in. I could argue that Bellicheat was never a champ without some obscure ballboy that has been with the team throughout, but that would be silly.
    Bill won a lot with defense, not just Brady. Shut down the Greatest Show on Turf. Cleveland was a playoff team before Modell destroyed them with the moving season, so BB did it in another town just as much as Manzier Parcells did it in Dallas.

Belichick has all the accolades - 8 super bowls and he can take credit (though he doesn't) for 1986 and 1990 because it those were his defenses. I bet he would have shut down Favre in 1996 had he still been DC. Thank goodness he wasn't.

Don Shula had Dan Marino all those years - how many Superbowls did they win?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Bill won a lot with defense, not just Brady. Shut down the Greatest Show on Turf. Cleveland was a playoff team before Modell destroyed them with the moving season, so BB did it in another town just as much as Manzier Parcells did it in Dallas.

Belichick has all the accolades - 8 super bowls and he can take credit (though he doesn't) for 1986 and 1990 because it those were his defenses. I bet he would have shut down Favre in 1996 had he still been DC. Thank goodness he wasn't.

Don Shula had Dan Marino all those years - how many Superbowls did they win?
    We are talking about Parcells, not Shula so...nice straw man.

Better check Hoodies overall record with Cleveland before you tell me how well he was doing.

I'll use the same argument I use with TT and MM. Look at the respective trees...and yes, I get to use BB as a branch in Parcells tree.