Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Brian Gutekunst, Making No Sense

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I can’t figure out the Nick Nelson love. He made big plays but got beat a lot this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Looking ahead a couple of years, I was hoping that we could be in the conversation for a SB title in 2020.

My hope was that Gute would get a lot of prospects in the pipeline this year, and he has for the most part; but the organization has completely blown off upgrading the pass rush, and that will set the team back at least another year - now the best case might be that we push for an NFCCG appearance by 2021; and, that is only assuming they go all-in on rebuilding the pass rush next year. Something that is certainly not a given.

To hear Gute and MM talk as if Fackrell and Biegel are legit options was very disheartening. Fackrell will be cut before next season, and Biegel is a long shot at best. There's some talent on the DL, but the overall LB corp is so weak that there is no way this team can compete with the elite teams in the league.

I like the WR's they brought in, and I think they fixed the secondary for the most part, but ignoring the pass rush like they did is really going to set the team back.
    wist

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I'm pretty pleased with what I saw from Gute.

First that was some impressive navigating in the first round. When you're a team that wins in the NFL you have to get value wherever you can find it and I think that happened. Since exploiting loopholes and competitive advantages ain't cheating, you all know what to do if you find yourself in a position to push Drew Brees into traffic in the next few months.

Deja vu drafting back to back corners again, but I'm glad these guys aren't projects. We just can't have too many good corners even with perfect health. The need for pass rush might be a little overstated. Acquiring Peppers was a great opportunity, but we don't absolutely need a 3rd starting caliber OLB. When we won the SB we were thinner there than we are now. Plus there is Pettine to consider, who never even saw a decent OLB until he was in Buffalo yet still managed to make lemonade. What our pass rush needs right now is help in the secondary and lots of it. If these young guys put it together a weakness can be a strength once again.

Drafting the three WR reminds me of last year's approach to running backs. I hope they push each other because if any of them hit we'll finally have one of those big matchup nightmare guys.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Acquiring Peppers was a great opportunity, but we don't absolutely need a 3rd starting caliber OLB. When we won the SB we were thinner there than we are now. Plus there is Pettine to consider, who never even saw a decent OLB until he was in Buffalo yet still managed to make lemonade. What our pass rush needs right now is help in the secondary and lots of it.
    It would really look like the Super Bowl team if they got push up the middle in the pass rush.

Bring back Howard Green.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery...sh-115869566/2

2018 NFL Combine's 25 fastest players

Defensive backs lit up the 40-yard dash at the 2018 NFL Combine.

By: Brad Crawford - Mar 5, 1:00 PM
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

you want to see some bad film check out donnerson...one tackling technique, not agile. must have been the measureables. Lombardi would be yelling "grab, grab, grab." lol. #81... https://www.hudl.com/video/3/852744/...1ddc1b003e5929

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    you want to see some bad film check out donnerson...one tackling technique, not agile. must have been the measureables. Lombardi would be yelling "grab, grab, grab." lol. #81... https://www.hudl.com/video/3/852744/...1ddc1b003e5929

Here's some high school footage of a QB who throws late across his body into coverage (1:21)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn_S7ZT4-aI
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Here's some high school footage of a QB who throws late across his body into coverage (1:21)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn_S7ZT4-aI
    and nothing changed all the way to the hof.