Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Brian Gutekunst, Making No Sense

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    The patriots with Belichick are a unique thingy in history of pro sports. You also have to question the level of cheating involved. Bottom line is duh. An elite QB gives you an edge. Add to it the NFL and networks amid plummeting ratings were shitting their collective pants over a Bortles Foles Superbowl to the point the Patriots were holding, pulling jerseys and facemasking uncalled in that game and you get yet another Patriots in the big game.

I get it. TT wasn't Bellicheat any more than any other GM has been in recent history. TT won a superbowl, put together a 15-1 season, and had a success level rivaled ONLY by Bellicheat. I am not happy he is no longer the GM. MM on the other hand gets exposed quite often. I hope Gute signs every FA under the sun to make a run at it. Its win win for me. Either we get a packers superbowl or its exposed as a flawed strategy.
    Exploiting loopholes for competitive advantages ain't cheating. Blame the game, not the players.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear
    " ... I'm all for playing Janis at receiver, but if the Packers are serious about special teams, Janis is a must resign. If there's a prototype gunner, Janis is it - the perfect combination of size and speed. Deserves at least $2M/yr.

Belichick keeps 2-3 players solely for special teams every season, and I'm not talking about the kicker, punter and long snapper. Matthew Slater, for example, can't hold Janis' jockstrap as a receiver, but he continues to win rings with the Pats b/c of his special teams kung fu. " Original Post for pbmax's Comment below

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-engla...w-slater-4628/

Matthew Slater ...WR for the NE Patriots
    Drafted: Round 5 (#153 overall), 2008 ... College: California-Los Angeles
    Agent(s): Rep 1 Sports

Janis indeed deserves at least $2 M/yr.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The Marino thing isn’t a straw
    Man. Is a counter to the Brady magic. You can have the greatest QB but if the coaching and organization isn’t up to Cheat standards you get Fave and Rodgers and Steve Young with one title a piece.

I’m well aware of the entire Cheat trajectory in Cleveland. It was getting better before the rug was pulled.
    Marino threw A LOT of picks....and I'm a marino fan.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Exploiting loopholes for competitive advantages ain't cheating. Blame the game, not the players.
    Says the guy in FYI that whines every time a corporation or business owner uses the law and tax code to his/her advantage.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Imagine if BB never left Cleveland and achieved even half the success as he did in NE. I think the city would have renamed itself after him.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Has anyone else noticed an uncanny resemblance to Jerry Lundegaard, the car dealer in Fargo?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Has anyone else noticed an uncanny resemblance to Jerry Lundegaard, the car dealer in Fargo?

Gotta have the undercoating ...
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Think he smeared the draft card?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Ya, darn tootin' I did!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

1 18 Jaire Alexander CB Louisville
    2 13 (45) Josh Jackson CB Iowa
    3 24 (88, from CAR) Oren Burks LB Vanderbilt
    4 33 (133 comp) J'Mon Moore WR Missouri
    5 1 (138) Cole Madison OL Washington State
    5 35 (172 comp) JK Scott P Alabama
    5 37 (174 comp) Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR South Florida
    6 33 (207, comp) Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame
    7 14 (232) James Looney DE California
    7 21 (239) Hunter Bradley LS Mississippi State
    7 30 (248, from SEA) Kendall Donnerson OLB SE Missouri State

Okay, here is the skinny...

I really liked what Gute did in FA and on Day 1 of the draft. (Stop)

I can live with Josh Jackson in the 2nd. (Stop)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Everything thereafter is WTF????

- Burks is the worst player in the history of college football. Simply, "WOW" terrible... Great athlete, great combine - worst football player to ever put pads on.

- I like the WR's we picked as players, but all of them are vertical players - just not sure how they fit MM's offense. Still, they are pretty talented, so we'll see.

- Can live with the Madison pick. Typical Packer OL pick.

- 2 Special Teams guys?? WTF??

- Didn't even attempt to address pass rush, or OLB. This is the one that really has me saying WTF??

Matthews is slowing down, so is Perry. Wilkerson has to rebound to contribute. Based on comments from the podium, they appear to be banking on Gilbert a lot.

The fact that they even mentioned Biegel as a possible contributor speaks to how desperate the situation is.

4 players needed to be shown the door this offseason: Randall, Fackrell, Jon Ryan, and Biegel.

I applauded his dumping of Randall, but if they think they are going to get any production out of those other 3 guys, they are completely deluded.

I think a lot of the same organizational problems that have plagued the Packers for many years are still there. Next year - the predraft buzz will be all about pass rush, and I seriously doubt the Packers front office will make the necessary moves to get this team over the top.

Overall, after a very encouraging start to the Gute era, I think it is obvious it is the "same old Packers".
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

4 players needed to be shown the door this offseason: Randall, Fackrell, Jon Ryan, and Biegel.
    The Biegel comment kinda kills your post. Injured, didn't play a lot, rookie. Isn't Jon Ryan the Seattle punter? Assume you mean Jake. Anyway, SMH.

Blog Entries

- Burks is the worst player in the history of college football. Simply, "WOW" terrible... Great athlete, great combine - worst football player to ever put pads on.

- I like the WR's we picked as players, but all of them are vertical players - just not sure how they fit MM's offense. Still, they are pretty talented, so we'll see.

- Didn't even attempt to address pass rush, or OLB. This is the one that really has me saying WTF??

Matthews is slowing down, so is Perry. Wilkerson has to rebound to contribute. Based on comments from the podium, they appear to be banking on Gilbert a lot.

The fact that they even mentioned Biegel as a possible contributor speaks to how desperate the situation is.

I applauded his dumping of Randall, but if they think they are going to get any production out of those other 3 guys, they are completely deluded.

I think a lot of the same organizational problems that have plagued the Packers for many years are still there. Next year - the predraft buzz will be all about pass rush, and I seriously doubt the Packers front office will make the necessary moves to get this team over the top.

Overall, after a very encouraging start to the Gute era, I think it is obvious it is the "same old Packers".

GOOTEY COULD HAVE NAILED THIS DRAFT BUT TRADING UP FIVE SPOTS AND NAB HAROLD LANDRY IN ROUND 2; instead Tennessee jumped in front of us and got him

Last 6 years....one OLB in rounds 1-3....and does Fackrelll really even count ????

BIEGEL...wisty...you haven't seen enough to give him the Fackrell grade already

You might be right but give him one year before you throw him in the shitter.

Agree with the rest.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not off to a terrific start here, as he makes a hash of the numbers he is being given. If he was Wolf, he would have ignored numbers entirely, told a Madden story about how a chicken on a practice field helped them discover Cliff Branch and gave them a play idea. Then he would close with speed kills but you have to be careful not to just get track guys.

For the record, the Sportsradar stuff is game numbers, not 40 times, Brian. And I suspect that the slowness is most attributable to the Packers favorite route being an 8 yard stop and turnaround, looking for directions from the QB.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...rs/1065776001/
    Former Green Bay Packer GM Ron wolf was asked to comment on new Packer GM Brian Gutekunst's first NFL DRAFT; and his response ...

You just can't make that stuff up !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

So...building on this post and Bretsky's, I think it was, would you Packerrats prefer the draft class as is, or Harold Landry instead of Jackson in the second, which would cost you one of your two fourths plus a fifth, which means you'd give up that punter and that Joe Thomas-like third round guy?

In other words, Wist, while you and I have serious disagreements in many ways, I agree with much of your analysis above.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    So...building on this post and Bretsky's, I think it was, would you Packerrats prefer the draft class as is, or Harold Landry instead of Jackson in the second, which would cost you one of your two fourths plus a fifth, which means you'd give up that punter and that Joe Thomas-like third round guy?

In other words, Wist, while you and I have serious disagreements in many ways, I agree with much of your analysis above.
    If Jackson turns out better than Landry, then I say keep as is. If Landry turns out better, I'd like to go back in time and change the draft.

Now there's a man who understands what it means to be a fan.

I tip my hat to you. Well played.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Maybe this will help those of you who think Burks can’t play a lick of football.

http://www.patriots.com/video/2018/0...-lb-vanderbilt

I think maybe he can play a little.

I'll go one step more and tossing this Draft in the Shitter:

I feel it surpassed every TT Draft in terms of 'WTF was that Pick about'? How was that even possible !?

Was TT there screaming NO ! I want my Guy !?

Brian Gutekunst is the GM of a Pro Football team NOT a Track and Field Team.

Pick Football Players not Track Stars.

I wasn't at all impressed with the Packers War Rom performance Thursday Night. That was a sad case of too much Razzle Dazzle and frankly the New Packer GMis getting the blame for that charade of serious ERROR. He blew it frankly and I'll write down one name to place an accent on the degree of his failure...ILB Tremaine Edmunds and his 7.17 GRADE or OK Two and add Safety Derwin James and his 6.44 Grade.

This Draft we saw the clearest example of PANIC and obviously either bad preperation or the wrong man calling the wrong Final decisions and the Actual Picks. Even when I was calling for a certain Position Pick they only got it half right. There were no Home Runs except I was mildly pleased to see who the Packers landed at Pick NO, 45. I was surprised that they went CB and then another CB but the fact that CB - Joshua Jackson was available, might have turned that trick.

I posted this elsewhere. THe conclusion that the NFL is in collusion is over the TOP too obvious now.

As a part of that agreement it sure seems like the "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" Policy fPact is in.

I can see the Green Bay Packer Grade (s) now and all 'the Packerrat Cool Aid Drinkers' shouting 'see that..that was a GREAT Draft afterall'. GREAT DRAFT for the Packers !? If that Draft earns the Packers higher than a C + Grade that supports 'a collusion policy'.

That wasn't even close to a good Draft. That DRAFT simply sucked hugh air right out of the throats of Packer Nation. That was a horrible Draft on Paper. That was a disgrace and embarrassment to Packer Nation.

How much really did that Draft help our strength or the Packer Offense?

Was the weakness on the RHS of the Packer OL addressed? A solid GUARD or Tackle.

Did Brian Gutekunst and his Draft Team (all of his Scouting Dept.) come up with anything even resembling a decent shot of a compliment to WR Davante Adams? That draft all but ensured that Adams will be nullified in 2018.

Te NFL is like a chess match today. You need the brains to compete or you simply must lose the Chess Game. The Collective Brains of the Green Bay Packer BRASS looked fried this past three days.

This DRAFT 'on Paper' was a disaster.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=mraynrand;974278]If Jackson turns out better than Landry, then I say keep as is. If Landry turns out better, I'd like to go back in time and change the draft.[/QUOTE

Pussy...lol

Given our roster, I'm moving up all day long for Landry. Even if they are equivalent players, there were opportunities to get quality CB's later..aka....Nelson.......
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    1 14------------TREMAINE EDMUNDS...........OLB

HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION WISTY AND WOODY AND ALL...............WHAT IF GOOTIE HAS STAYED THERE AND NOT TRADED DOWN

HOW WOULD YOU HAVE FELT ABOUT THE ABOVE ???????????????