Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Packers Non-Draft Avenues of Player Acquisition Thread

Official 2018 Packers Non-Draft Avenues of Player Acquisition Thread

Aqib Talib will be available for next year, Bronco's want to trade him. No one wants the $11 million dollar tab next year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...de-aqib-talib/

Auto correct wants to make Aqib into Alibi, which might be perfect for this guy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'd take him. Good player. Gotta be getting old now. That Broncos D was nasty. This guy has a little Wayne Simmons in him.

Just remember that cap space, despite protestations to the contrary, always comes back to bite you if you are not careful. Especially when you have a vet QB with a big contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fficult-moves/

Now some veteran trimming is probably wise. But even in this day of ever increasing cap numbers, you can still go too far. Poor Bretsky favorite Brooks Reed might have to change teams again.

PS. Cowboys still trying to rebuild their defense from the last purge.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The #Vikings are not expected to franchise tag QB Case Keenum and he’s slated to hit free agency, per sources with knowledge of the team’s thinking. Barring a change of heart, Minnesota joins the fray for a starting QB… and will make these next few weeks fascinating.

C'mon Vikes. Trade up into the Top 10 for a QB!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The #Vikings are not expected to franchise tag QB Case Keenum and he’s slated to hit free agency, per sources with knowledge of the team’s thinking. Barring a change of heart, Minnesota joins the fray for a starting QB… and will make these next few weeks fascinating.

C'mon Vikes. Trade up into the Top 10 for a QB!
    http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/freeagency

2/26: Kirk Cousins and the Vikings have mutual interest. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com
    Denver and Minnesota appear to be the two favorites for Cousins because he can win with either right away. The Vikings have $49 million in cap space to make the move happen. -Walter

Case Keenum as the Packer back up would be great.

I would think Keenum will be a starter somewhere.

Sam Bradford would be an amazing back-up. What are the odds he's hurt when ARod is hurt? If you need to win 2 of 4, there is no better back-up in the NFL than Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Sam Bradford would be an amazing back-up. What are the odds he's hurt when ARod is hurt? If you need to win 2 of 4, there is no better back-up in the NFL than Bradford.
    What about that guy who won the Superb Owl?

He's be amazing too but I think he's going to be very costly. At this point I can't imagine anyone using Bradford as anything more than a back-up because he simply cannot stay healthy.

I could see Keenum going to the Colts if Luck is indeed done.

Looks like the Vikings are not making any early attempts to resign Keenum, Bradford, or Bridgewater. This will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Case Keenum as the Packer back up would be great.
    This is the kind of move loser TT can't make. Get Keenum to sign for 1mil a year to be our backup.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

kc settled for draft picks for Peters. you'd think the Packers would've been in for him for that. not a good sign.

Just remember that cap space, despite protestations to the contrary, always comes back to bite you if you are not careful. Especially when you have a vet QB with a big contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fficult-moves/

Now some veteran trimming is probably wise. But even in this day of ever increasing cap numbers, you can still go too far. Poor Bretsky favorite Brooks Reed might have to change teams again.

PS. Cowboys still trying to rebuild their defense from the last purge.

PB, you would make a lousy drunken sailor.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    kc settled for draft picks for Peters. you'd think the Packers would've been in for him for that. not a good sign.
    By all accounts I’ve seen, no one was terribly interested, despite the asking price being low, a year left on his rookie contract, and as a 1st rounder, being eligible for a 5th year option! The Colts weren’t interested, and the guy who drafted him is there now.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    Thought @SI_PeterKing's column on Peters was interesting. 28 of 31 teams were a "hard no" on him. I don't know enough about the kid but the #KCChiefs basically giving away a shutdown corner in his prime can't be a great statement about him, can it?

King: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/27/ma...efs-rams-trade

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

King: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/27/ma...efs-rams-trade

"[Peters'] protests during the national anthem didn’t help—at various points he raised his fist, sat on the bench and stayed in the locker room—but weren’t the driving force behind a trade."
    That's a false statement.

Read King's article, and tell me what monstrous deed or deeds did Peters commit on or off the field that made him the Antichrist.

So he threw a flag into the stand. Big fucking deal. NFL refs are incompetent. So he pulled a Damarious Randall on the sideline. Big fucking deal. Randall returned from his incident a better player.

Lets not be ignorant: The reason the Chiefs are getting rid of Peters and the reason 28 other teams said fuck no to Peters is b/c he protested.

NFL owners would rather hire domestic abusers, rapists, PED-cheaters, racists, bigots, gun-loving ruffians, drunk drivers, among others, than players who peacefully protest social injustice and pig (Five-0) misconducts inside publicly funded stadiums.

That's fucked up.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 02-28-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    By all accounts I’ve seen, no one was terribly interested, despite the asking price being low, a year left on his rookie contract, and as a 1st rounder, being eligible for a 5th year option! The Colts weren’t interested, and the guy who drafted him is there now.
    he's a top-5 cb...a shutdown cb...and i thought we were in win-now mode. again...not a good sign.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    he's a top-5 cb...a shutdown cb...and i thought we were in win-now mode. again...not a good sign.
    Agreed.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.