Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike McCarthy: Brett Hundley Wasn’t Prepared

Mike McCarthy: Brett Hundley Wasn’t Prepared

https://www.totalpackers.com/2018/01...tal+Packers%29

McCarthy: Brett Hundley Wasn’t Prepared

Total Packers | January 4, 2018

" ...As for 2017, coach Mike McCarthy says Hundley wasn’t prepared. You know, for the one and only job he has.

“I felt that he should’ve been better prepared for the situation that he was put into,” McCarthy said. ..."
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

He is still on this wagon.

“I believe in Brett Hundley,” McCarthy said, via ESPN.com. “I do fully recognize that he has a lot of football in front of him. He has a big upside. Our structure and our coaching staff, we need to make sure we maximize that, but we also need to learn from the other parts of the offense that we didn’t do as good as we would have liked, and we’ll learn from that platform. I do believe Brett has a big upside, and looking forward to getting back to work with him.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...elieve-in-him/

I am not sure I believe this. Does competition alone solve this if it doesn't replace Hundley?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He is still on this wagon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...elieve-in-him/

I am not sure I believe this. Does competition alone solve this if it doesn't replace Hundley?
    The Hundley discussion sounds like coachspeak. MM is not going to throw a player under the bus in the offseason. I believe they will keep Hundley until his contract runs out. He only counts $760k against the cap. However, if they feel they can get a better option, he could be one of those surprise cuts this summer.

Aaron Rodgers was 8-8 his first year. It was a big drop off from Favre at first, but he got much better in years 2 and 3.

Hundley looked ok to me. I see no reason to be itching to replace him. He will be better if he has to do that again. He’s young. He’s cheap.

I’m open to finding the next 21 year old Aaron Rodgers every year, all of the time, no matter who our backup is or our starter. But I don’t feel any rush to replace Hundley. After his time starting, I see him as being a decently talented backup with some experience, who could go .500 or a little better if he had to fill in for Rodgers. That keeps us in the playoff hunt.

Keep Hundley unless something great happens. But to me it’s no rush.

Well, I think you might as well keep him around, see if he improves. There's no risk in doing that.

And if you keep him, need him, and he sucks again, you can always blame Philbin at the end of the season.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Impressed:
    1. Arm
    2. Legs
    3. Touch on short throws better than I would have thought, especially to backs

No impressed:
    1. Accuracy
    2. Timing
    3. Anticipation

Of course Rodgers wasn't an MVP in 2008, but he looked better than this.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They could have put Cobb in as QB and had better results. Hundley had no accuracy whatsoever on passes more than 5 yards downfield. He was Rich Campbell level impressive, except they kept throwing him out there every week. They should have pulled him.

He also had communications problems. More than once Jordy threw his hand up because he didn't know / hear the call. He may have played somewhat better on the road because he was using hand signals there instead of his gum-chewing voice.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    They could have put Cobb in as QB and had better results. Hundley had no accuracy whatsoever on passes more than 5 yards downfield. He was Rich Campbell level impressive, except they kept throwing him out there every week. They should have pulled him.

He also had communications problems. More than once Jordy threw his hand up because he didn't know / hear the call. He may have played somewhat better on the road because he was using hand signals there instead of his gum-chewing voice.
    Watch this year. A lot of the WRs do that with Rodgers too. I speculate it's a communication of sorts "I didn't get a call, so I'm running a default route based on what I see when I release." In many case, I think Rodgers isn't going that direction already or the scramble drill gets implemented right away or it will be a 12 man call on the defense or it's a fake signal to try to throw off the opponent's D. I've seen it a lot and don't know what it means, but it was not unique to Hundley.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Impressed:

Of course Rodgers wasn't an MVP in 2008, but he looked better than this.

Aaron Rodgers is a first ballot HOF QB. So Is the guy before him. Our scale is skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Aaron Rodgers is a first ballot HOF QB. So Is the guy before him. Our scale is skewed.
    Case Keenum looked better in his first two years. So did Nick Foles.

One of the worst displays of quarterbacking I've ever seen. Hundley is why GB changed everything this off-season. What else can MM say? He's not going to roast one of his players publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Aaron Rodgers was 8-8 his first year. It was a big drop off from Favre at first, but he got much better in years 2 and 3.

Hundley looked ok to me. I see no reason to be itching to replace him. He will be better if he has to do that again. He’s young. He’s cheap.

I’m open to finding the next 21 year old Aaron Rodgers every year, all of the time, no matter who our backup is or our starter. But I don’t feel any rush to replace Hundley. After his time starting, I see him as being a decently talented backup with some experience, who could go .500 or a little better if he had to fill in for Rodgers. That keeps us in the playoff hunt.

Keep Hundley unless something great happens. But to me it’s no rush.
    I've seen enough of Hundley to know he isn't an NFL caliber QB. I hope Gutey either drafts another one this spring (but not in the first 3 rounds unless another Russell Wilson is sitting there) or we sign a veteran who can actually throw an accurate ball further than 5 yards.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    He was a dumpster fire.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

so.....

some give dickhead mcfatty, all the credit in the world for turning a rod into the best qb in football

but he just cameout andannounced that he has nothing to do with developing QBs, that was all someone elses fault

so is he a QB guru, or was it someone else, or was rodgers just that good to begin with?

Come on Red. Tell us how you really feel about MM.

With Hundley you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    You know a player sucks when Harrell endorses that player and Pugger and Partial hate that player.

I mean, with all due respect, Harrell once proclaimed proudly that Richard Rodgers was way better than J-Mike. J-Mike last played in 2013, and the Packers are still looking for his replacement - although they did get half a J-Mikesque season out of Cook. D-Rod remains as fruitless as an apple tree on the North Pole.

Pugger was an eternal optimist til Hundley started playing regularly. I still remember the 4-12 season back at ole JSO. Everyone wanted the Packers to tank for Reggie Bush. Pugger was like, that's a loser mindset. After Barr's monstrous hit, Pugger was like, the season is screwed - tank for all I care.

Partial, til this season, there wasn't a black QB Partial didn't like (Vince Young, David Garrard, Bryon Leftwich, to name a few, come to mind) . Then Hundley started playing. Nowadays, Partial thinks Dak Prescott is a bum. lol

Hundley is an inaccurate, indecisive and uninspiring QB. An abomination of Hyde proportions. There are plenty of QBs hard-knocking on the streets of Baltimore at this moment in space-time that are better than Hundley. Kap, Johnny Football, Flynn, to name a few.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 03-02-2018 at 10:46 AM.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so.....

some give dickhead mcfatty, all the credit in the world for turning a rod into the best qb in football

but he just cameout andannounced that he has nothing to do with developing QBs, that was all someone elses fault

so is he a QB guru, or was it someone else, or was rodgers just that good to begin with?
    I didn't read it, but who did he blame?

Anyway, MM is a very good QB coach who gets the most out of QBs. The new collective bargaining doesn't allow him to develop a QB.

MM gets a lot of credit for ARod. He gets blame for not recognizing Hundly was an NFL QB. I also am ready to part ways with him, but I can be honest on the way out.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Hundley looks great in practice and pre-season against 3s and 4s. When he gets on the big stage, he sucks on ice. Not sure you can blame that on coaching, unless of course you're looking for another reason to hate the coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Hundley looks great in practice and pre-season against 3s and 4s. When he gets on the big stage, he sucks on ice. Not sure you can blame that on coaching, unless of course you're looking for another reason to hate the coach.
    I think it was somewhat telling that he looked best against the 3s and 4s in his rookie preseason. Since then, he looked much more pedestrian versus 1s and 2s since Rodgers did not play much.

Same thing with Janis.

Case Keenum looked better in his first two years. So did Nick Foles.

Better coaching?