Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodgers not real confident in changes.

Rodgers not real confident in changes.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-alex-van-pelt

Starting to sound a bit diva like.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    I'll wait for his second retirement announcement before I regulate Aaron to Diva status.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

IDK, this interview was pretty diva.

It doesn't sound like anything other than honest answers to questions designed to stir up trouble - the damn media tends to do that.

The only relevant thing in the story is that he is feeling fine after his injury.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Diva? He sounded uninterested to me. Maybe I'm reading into it wrongly, but I don't have an issue with his feathers being ruffled by losing the coach he works the closest with.

If he was a diva I'd think he'd be vocal about going after offensive FAs to help his offense out. Then threatening retirement if he didnt get what he wanted. I heard him talk about wanting to get the defense back to a championship level. That's real diva.....

Bert left a clear blueprint on diva-ing in green bay. Aaron is Aarrogant, no doubt it. FIGJAM (F*** Im Good Just Ask Me) is the nic name I hear a lot. But he has a ways to go for the diva label. IMO
    Last edited by BZnDallas; 02-01-2018 at 02:56 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Was he doing crunches during the interview?

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

IT's not too hard to guess what happened. Van Pelt wanted to be an OC, so he let the Packers know he was going to let his contract expire. Rodgers and everyone else knew this. Probably Van Pelt and maybe Rodgers had some expectation that Van Pelt would be hired by the Packers as OC (or at least interview) at some point. When Bennett was let go, and Van Pelt wasn't interviewed, that was the end of the relationship. I note that Van Pelt didn't get hired as OC by anyone, so make of that what you will. Packers probably should have told Rodgers, but I'm guessing he'd be disappointed for (what looks like) his friend in any case, unless they'd hired him as OC. But Packers and Van Pelt letting the contract expire (assume this was mutual) meant that he either got a promotion or he's gone. Rodgers will get over it. He should be smart enough to have seen the writing on the wall - He can't be naive enough to think that Van Pelt would stay without being promoted. Why would they need to talk to Rodgers and explain anything if Rodgers knew Van Pelt's contract wasn't being renewed? Maybe, like Favre, his best friend as he gets to be the oldest guy on the team will be some equipment guy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

We'll never forget you Erin.

Van Pelt's timing wasn't real good here. The Packers season went south because Rodgers got hurt and his replacement was a train wreck. Maybe not all his fault, but not a feather in his cap for the quarterbacks coach either.

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    I'll wait for his second retirement announcement before I regulate Aaron to Diva status.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Certain players do the same exact type of shit and get labeled a diva. Rodgers does it and he's not, yeah right. Does his football performance excuse diva type behaviour, damn right. As could Brett, and TO and many other diva types.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Certain players do the same exact type of shit and get labeled a diva. Rodgers does it and he's not, yeah right. Does his football performance excuse diva type behaviour, damn right. As could Brett, and TO and many other diva types.
    Name a recognized diva whose most controversial statement was this:

"Well, my quarterback coach didn't get retained," Rodgers said when asked for specifics. "I thought that was an interesting change, really without consulting me. There's a close connection between quarterback and quarterback coach, and that was an interesting decision."
    Its not even a shot across the bow. Its a hey, anyone want to talk to me about this?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I do think there is a chance Van Pelt would have come back at the end of the season and sign a deal if he was fielding no offers.

So while it was definitely his decision not to renew a 2 year deal last year, he might have wanted to come back. But that is the risk of your free agent year. Just ask Greg Jennings.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Diva? He sounded uninterested to me. Maybe I'm reading into it wrongly, but I don't have an issue with his feathers being ruffled by losing the coach he works the closest with.

If he was a diva I'd think he'd be vocal about going after offensive FAs to help his offense out. Then threatening retirement if he didnt get what he wanted. I heard him talk about wanting to get the defense back to a championship level. That's real diva.....

Bert left a clear blueprint on diva-ing in green bay. Aaron is Aarrogant, no doubt it. FIGJAM (F*** Im Good Just Ask Me) is the nic name I hear a lot. But he has a ways to go for the diva label. IMO

" I heard him talk about wanting to get the defense back to a championship level. That's real diva..... "
    BZnDallas

That's just in my view common sense. The Packer Defense sucks.

That bottom NFL Tier defense places, over the TOP too much pressure, on the Aaron Rodgers led 'O'.

Comment: All the stuff on Aaron Rodgers former QB's Coach Alex Van Pelt leaving the Packers to secure a promotion; and 'in fact' not getting one as he signed as the Bengals QB Coach. Leaves it open to some speculation and why MM actually allowed Alex Van Pelt to leave?

I feel MM used former QB's Coach Van Pelt as a Scapegoat and how Backup QB Brett Hundley didn't perform reliably. That was typical Mike McCarthy and wringing his hands of responsibility.

I addition:

Mike McCarthy made other Coaching FIRES that made little sense i.e. Assistant Linebacker Coach Scott McCurley and his DL Coach Mike Trgovac when they were two of Packer HC Mike McCarthy's strongest position coaches in 2017.

" The Packers hired Giants assistant Frank Cignetti Jr. as their new quarterbacks coach."
    Article and as it transpired.

Comment:
    I consider that a weak hire. Hiring someone because you've known him for 3 decades doesn't translate as 'he's the best man for the job'.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-02-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I do think there is a chance Van Pelt would have come back at the end of the season and sign a deal if he was fielding no offers.

So while it was definitely his decision not to renew a 2 year deal last year, he might have wanted to come back. But that is the risk of your free agent year. Just ask Greg Jennings.
    Someone needs to interview Van Pelt's sister.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    IT's not too hard to guess what happened. Van Pelt wanted to be an OC, so he let the Packers know he was going to let his contract expire. Rodgers and everyone else knew this. Probably Van Pelt and maybe Rodgers had some expectation that Van Pelt would be hired by the Packers as OC (or at least interview) at some point. When Bennett was let go, and Van Pelt wasn't interviewed, that was the end of the relationship. I note that Van Pelt didn't get hired as OC by anyone, so make of that what you will. Packers probably should have told Rodgers, but I'm guessing he'd be disappointed for (what looks like) his friend in any case, unless they'd hired him as OC. But Packers and Van Pelt letting the contract expire (assume this was mutual) meant that he either got a promotion or he's gone. Rodgers will get over it. He should be smart enough to have seen the writing on the wall - He can't be naive enough to think that Van Pelt would stay without being promoted. Why would they need to talk to Rodgers and explain anything if Rodgers knew Van Pelt's contract wasn't being renewed? Maybe, like Favre, his best friend as he gets to be the oldest guy on the team will be some equipment guy.
    I suspect getting Philbin back will soften any misgivings #12 has about losing Van Pelt.

Watch this interview of AR on the Dan Patrick show especially near the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEOA4GfRLzc

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    You're grasping at straws Rut. Im all about criticism, but comparing Aaron to BF or TO is laughable. Criticism actually has to be warranted for it to work. Otherwise you look silly. Silly! Silly! The arrogant label works, bc its true.

This doesn't mean he won't become a Diva in later years. Especially if more and more grievances like this occur. But this one comment doesnt do it.
    Last edited by BZnDallas; 02-02-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Someone needs to interview Van Pelt's sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I suspect getting Philbin back will soften any misgivings #12 has about losing Van Pelt.

Watch this interview of AR on the Dan Patrick show especially near the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEOA4GfRLzc
    I like how Rodgers talked abut changing that catch rule on the sideline and end zone. I think that's the right way to go.

What's that expression? It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you? Well, it's not "diva" if you really did get left out of the discussion and should have been consulted. Just the same, it really didn't seem like he made a big deal about it - just responding to a "stir up trouble" type question from some media asshole.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?