Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rodgers not real confident in changes.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Ben McAdoo may go down in NFL History as being the NFL Head Coach that made the biggest blunder in NFL History benching Eli Manning for a QB that can't throw dirt.
    this seems like exaggeration.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    This is nonsense. Of course he has to put up with MM. MM is the head coach.
    Really !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That is true, it was reported before this season began. But it doesn't stop Van Pelt from wanting to come back to the Packers when he did not get an OC job.

And McCarthy did not hire him back.
    wait, do we know for certain he wanted to come back if he didn't get OC job? Maybe he wanted the Packer OC job and that's why he won't come back. My view is alterable subject to new info.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    wait, do we know for certain he wanted to come back if he didn't get OC job? Maybe he wanted the Packer OC job and that's why he won't come back. My view is alterable subject to new info.
    Certainly possible. Though this view means that Rodgers probably knows why, but is publicly agitating about not being told.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This is nonsense. Of course he has to put up with MM. MM is the head coach.
    Woody can't stand our HC and would dance a jig if he were fired today.

If we rehired him, he would jump at the first opportunity to another team. No chance to develop continuity long-term. Get someone new who will be in GB for a while who wants to be here.
    I get the downside. But to improve, you must have someone new you want to develop and grow with long term. Frank Cignetti is Italian for stop gap.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Woody can't stand our HC and would dance a jig if he were fired today.
    Packer HC Mike McCarthy is 'the WEAKEST LINK' and the Green Bay Packers ever getting to another Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers as the Packer QB.

If I could make another of me we would both dance an Irish Jig.

Instead... I'll certainly be dancing one on the day Packers (Uggghhh) HC Mike McCarthy is FIRED !

Knowing, 'as stubborn as he is'; he'll more likely cheat me and somehow quietly ride off into the Sunset.

Until then I'll just practise:

** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I get the downside. But to improve, you must have someone new you want to develop and grow with long term. Frank Cignetti is Italian for stop gap.
    This hire smells of a frightened Mob boss surrounding himself with only the most loyal of friends, regardless of ability.

I think that Aaron Rodgers being the hub of this team, and as we now know, the difference between 10-6 and 6-10, I would've asked him if he wanted Van Pelt back. If Rodgers said yes, I'd hire him back. Period.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Was Van Pelt all that great a QB coach? How come after he became Aaron's coach did Rodgers have stretches where he didn't play well? He had to tell us all to relax in 2015 because things weren't going well and he looked positively pedestrian in the second half of 2016 until he declared we'd run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers
    Offensively, we have to get back to what we were doing in ’11.
    It wasn't just us who thought the offense got more tepid after 2011.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Was Van Pelt all that great a QB coach? How come after he became Aaron's coach did Rodgers have stretches where he didn't play well? He had to tell us all to relax in 2015 because things weren't going well and he looked positively pedestrian in the second half of 2016 until he declared we'd run the table.
    The question (s) I propose:

A.) Did Packer HC Mike McCarthy upgrade at the QB Coaching level Vs possibly scapegoating on former Packer QB's Coach Alex Van Pelt and ultimately downgrade (at QB Coach)?

B.) Looking at the BIG PICTURE...Will the Green Bay Packers and Packer Nation ultimately suffer at the expense of Mike McCarthy's ego and personality?

Time responds to most questions.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...-alex-van-pelt

Aaron Rodgers' new QB coach faces challenge of following Alex Van Pelt

Rob Demovsky ... ESPN Staff Writer

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The question (s) I propose:

A.) Did Packer HC Mike McCarthy upgrade at the QB Coaching level Vs possibly scapegoating on former Packer QB's Coach Alex Van Pelt and ultimately downgrade (at QB Coach)?

B.) Looking at the BIG PICTURE...Will the Green Bay Packers and Packer Nation ultimately suffer at the expense of Mike McCarthy's ego and personality?

Time responds to most questions.
    I thought I read/heard somewhere that it was Van Pelt who decided to let his contract run out and it was he who wanted to seek a higher offensive position elsewhere and not McCarthy.

All the world wanted McCarthy to clean house until he let four coaches go and then he was scapegoating. Same complaints after 2008. McGinn was aghast no one appeared in the press room to explain themselves. I think he came close to predicting McCarthy would have trouble securing quality assistants after that betrayal.

As usual, he was full of it. It doesn't make the new hires better, but it was still probably time.

I like the swap of Capers for Pettine most. I like Montgomery on the D line next. Like the Patriots guy they got for the LBs. I am nervous but hopeful about Whitt as DB coach/pass game coordinator. He could solve the issues or he could prove to be part of the problem.

The offensive changes look like treading water to me. Maybe Philbin had a magic effect before. But honestly the best news is that he is rebuilding his offense from the playbook up.

All the world wanted McCarthy to clean house until he let four coaches go and then he was scapegoating. Same complaints after 2008. McGinn was aghast no one appeared in the press room to explain themselves. I think he came close to predicting McCarthy would have trouble securing quality assistants after that betrayal.

As usual, he was full of it. It doesn't make the new hires better, but it was still probably time.

I like the swap of Capers for Pettine most. I like Montgomery on the D line next. Like the Patriots guy they got for the LBs. I am nervous but hopeful about Whitt as DB coach/pass game coordinator. He could solve the issues or he could prove to be part of the problem.

The offensive changes look like treading water to me. Maybe Philbin had a magic effect before. But honestly the best news is that he is rebuilding his offense from the playbook up.
    I think he's upgraded both coordinator positions. It's probably the best situation there they've had since Capers' early years here. Quite a bit has been made of Rodgers not being happy with the QB coach change. But there's not really much evidence that Van Pelt was a good QB coach. Rodgers had uncharacteristic bad stretches in 2015 and 2016, And Hundley looked unprepared in 2017. Just because a coach is popular with his players doesn't necessarily mean he's a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think he's upgraded both coordinator positions. It's probably the best situation there they've had since Capers' early years here. Quite a bit has been made of Rodgers not being happy with the QB coach change. But there's not really much evidence that Van Pelt was a good QB coach. Rodgers had uncharacteristic bad stretches in 2015 and 2016, And Hundley looked unprepared in 2017. Just because a coach is popular with his players doesn't necessarily mean he's a good coach.
    this

Blog Entries
    this
    THIS X2
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I don't care if Van Pelt is a really good coach; I care that the most important employee in the whole franchise is happy. Hell, if Rodgers said he wanted his QB coach to blow him, I'd offer up any of a number of Packerrats who think they know all to take the position.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The problems, which have been growing since 2011 on offense, definitely extend beyond the QB coach. I think they extend beyond the offensive coordinator but as I don't actually know the precise impact of the OC under McCarthy (other than installing a practice plan during the week and planning meetings) I can't be sure about this one.

Its not going to be fixed by the coordinator. The Head Coach is going to have to allow his offense to change significantly. From the no huddle and tempo to throwing behind the LOS, changes made in the last six years have been a pretty mixed bag and have only partially staved off a decline. As a body of work, its hard to complain. But as an Offense dominant team, its not been enough.

I know I am beginning to sound like wist, but go back and watch the playoff game versus the 49ers in Green Bay. It wasn't the defense that failed to deliver (though they had a spectacular fail at the end). It was the offense failing to make mincemeat out of a good defense.