Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Rodgers not real confident in changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I don't care if Van Pelt is a really good coach; I care that the most important employee in the whole franchise is happy. Hell, if Rodgers said he wanted his QB coach to blow him, I'd offer up any of a number of Packerrats who think they know all to take the position.
    I want the most important employee in the whole franchise to play up to his considerable abilities and not put himself in peril so we don't have a repeat of 2017. Even the best players need good coaching.

I agree, but I want the dude to be a happy camper, lest he think about playing on the west coast...
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I agree, but I want the dude to be a happy camper, lest he think about playing on the west coast...
    The only way he plays on the west coast is if we release him or trade him. If we start winning again Rodgers isn't going to pine for Van Pelt so much.

You don't think he might not play out his contract here and hit the open market? Imagine how large that franchise tag would get the second time around...at some point, he could break the team's neck.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

You don't think he might not play out his contract here and hit the open market? Imagine how large that franchise tag would get the second time around...at some point, he could break the team's neck.
    No I don't. Unless his play goes to hell we'll tag him first. QBs with his talents don't grow on trees. Of course if we draft his replacement like Ted did in 2005 we'll trade him and not let him walk and get nothing in return.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The problems, which have been growing since 2011 on offense, definitely extend beyond the QB coach. I think they extend beyond the offensive coordinator but as I don't actually know the precise impact of the OC under McCarthy (other than installing a practice plan during the week and planning meetings) I can't be sure about this one.

Its not going to be fixed by the coordinator. The Head Coach is going to have to allow his offense to change significantly. From the no huddle and tempo to throwing behind the LOS, changes made in the last six years have been a pretty mixed bag and have only partially staved off a decline. As a body of work, its hard to complain. But as an Offense dominant team, its not been enough.

I know I am beginning to sound like wist, but go back and watch the playoff game versus the 49ers in Green Bay. It wasn't the defense that failed to deliver (though they had a spectacular fail at the end). It was the offense failing to make mincemeat out of a good defense.
    I agree this has to happen. The game is fluid and there is a reason coaches don't last real long. They get set in their ways and the game adjusts around them. Only the very best manage to change with it. The MM offense is stale and hasn't changed a bit. They have the perfect RB for todays game in Montgomery, but he spent most his time pass blocking cuz "thats the way I've always done it"
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Montgomery might not be hearty enough to play RB. He can't stay healthy so perhaps with the emergence of Jones and Williams we can move Ty back to WR?

When executed correctly with AR at the helm McCarthy's offense is fine. My beef - besides AR not throwing to his backs enough - is why can't our WRs get separation while other teams' pedestrian guys can? I'm hoping our new WR coach can fix some of these issues so Aaron doesn't have to hold onto the ball forever while scrambling around back there putting himself in peril.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Montgomery might not be hearty enough to play RB. He can't stay healthy so perhaps with the emergence of Jones and Williams we can move Ty back to WR?

When executed correctly with AR at the helm McCarthy's offense is fine. My beef - besides AR not throwing to his backs enough - is why can't our WRs get separation while other teams' pedestrian guys can? I'm hoping our new WR coach can fix some of these issues so Aaron doesn't have to hold onto the ball forever while scrambling around back there putting himself in peril.
    Your talking about the jones and williams that both got hurt as well right? Now days in the NFL you need a stable.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Your talking about the jones and williams that both got hurt as well right? Now days in the NFL you need a stable.
    As long as Monty isn't part of that stable. I have said from the start of the Monty experiment, he can't cut it as a full time RB. Hell as little as stubby utilizes RB's Monty should be able to stay healthy no problem. Since he can't, get rid of him and bring someone like Blount in.

You don't need a stable of running backs, you need a herd.

KYPack

You don't need a stable of running backs, you need a herd.
    Not a murder of running backs?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Not a murder of running backs?
    Are we filing this under "crow" or "collective noun" memes?

[Edit] We do need a pod of linemen in the next draft.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Are we filing this under "crow" or "collective noun" memes?
    Last year at RB was unusual in that I felt no temptation toward violence when M3 ran the ball.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Last year at RB was unusual in that I felt no temptation toward violence when M3 ran the ball.
    I couldn't have said that better!

Imagine what those guys can do as a change of pace to Rodgers throwing the ball.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I couldn't have said that better!

Imagine what those guys can do as a change of pace to Rodgers throwing the ball.

Except that stubby doesn't want a change of pace if Rodgers is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Except that stubby doesn't want a change of pace if Rodgers is in there.
    Rodgers always has the option to change the play MM calls so we really don't know for sure if Mike wants to run it more or not.

Rodgers always has the option to change the play MM calls so we really don't know for sure if Mike wants to run it more or not.

He doesn't, or he would have ran it 98.86666% of the time with Hundley.

I want the most important employee in the whole franchise to play up to his considerable abilities and not put himself in peril so we don't have a repeat of 2017. Even the best players need good coaching.
    Mike McCarthy Fired two and let go another or three of his most productive Coaches (his 2017 Inside Linebackers and DL and QB Coaches)

What we needed to see or learn is that the Green Bay Packers are revamping their approach to strengthening and conditioning. We are always seeing the Green Bay Packer Roster amongst the most injured of by far most NFL Teams.

We need to see a strong OL or Aaron Rodgers is going to be forced out of the Pocket too much.

We need to see an addition at the WR Position that's a REAL deep threat.

We need to see a TE that can block and extent the Field.

We need to see more at the LBer Position and certainly some much more improved PASS RUSH to help if he's retained CM III look worthwhile paying.

We need a Shutdown CB but if 'the Pass Rush' can be certainly upgraded, then the Secondary will have less heat on it and therefore look better.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau