Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodgers not real confident in changes.

Does he have his own locker room yet? What is his stance on Crocs?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

You always edit the Crocs out of your dic pic.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

" I heard him talk about wanting to get the defense back to a championship level. That's real diva..... "
    BZnDallas

That's just in my view common sense. The Packer Defense sucks.

That bottom NFL Tier defense places, over the TOP too much pressure, on the Aaron Rodgers led 'O'.

Comment: All the stuff on Aaron Rodgers former QB's Coach Alex Van Pelt leaving the Packers to secure a promotion; and 'in fact' not getting one as he signed as the Bengals QB Coach. Leaves it open to some speculation and why MM actually allowed Alex Van Pelt to leave?

I feel MM used former QB's Coach Van Pelt as a Scapegoat and how Backup QB Brett Hundley didn't perform reliably. That was typical Mike McCarthy and wringing his hands of responsibility.

I addition:

Mike McCarthy made other Coaching FIRES that made little sense i.e. Assistant Linebacker Coach Scott McCurley and his DL Coach Mike Trgovac when they were two of Packer HC Mike McCarthy's strongest position coaches in 2017.

" The Packers hired Giants assistant Frank Cignetti Jr. as their new quarterbacks coach."
    Article and as it transpired.

Comment:
    I consider that a weak hire. Hiring someone because you've known him for 3 decades doesn't translate as 'he's the best man for the job'.
    Well said, WB.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    I was Favre's biggest fan not named Nutz, but as time passed, I've grown fond of A-Rod. Love his game. Love where he stands FYI-wise. Love the fact that the beautiful and just Daenerys Targaryen is his favorite Game of Thrones character, although mine's Tyrion Lannister.

Is the Great Arm of Butte a diva? Fuck nah, imhso.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 02-02-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Someone needs to interview Van Pelt's sister.
    Now that right there is very funny!

it's danica's influence.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    it's danica's influence.
    Once he starts talking in circles, then we can clearly see that.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What's that expression? It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you? Well, it's not "diva" if you really did get left out of the discussion and should have been consulted. Just the same, it really didn't seem like he made a big deal about it - just responding to a "stir up trouble" type question from some media asshole.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Should Rodgers get consulted on coaching staff changes? Do they ask Ty Montgomery if he'd prefer to work with RB coach A or B? Aaron's feelings are hurt because they didn't ask his opinion, but Aaron has thin skin. This particular consult, while it could conceivably happen, is not part of the professional code and he's not entitled to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Once he starts talking in circles, then we can clearly see that.
    counter clockwise circles.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post

Should Rodgers get consulted on coaching staff changes? Do they ask Ty Montgomery if he'd prefer to work with RB coach A or B? Aaron's feelings are hurt because they didn't ask his opinion, but Aaron has thin skin. This particular consult, while it could conceivably happen, is not part of the professional code and he's not entitled to it.
    I agree. Yet I still can't imagine that Rodgers didn't see this coming - or at least know there was a pretty good chance Van Pelt would be gone.

Actually, if you want to prevent more diva behavior, not telling him is probably the right call.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post

I tend to think you should, even if it feeds into a sense of entitlement, because if you are going to avoid Favre-A-Polooza redux in 2022, you need a good working relationship.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Rodgers is the short term franchise. Make him happy and don't let him sign with the damn Vikings.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

should trade him to cle for their 1st's ++. that'll learn him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Rodgers is the short term franchise. Make him happy and don't let him sign with the damn Vikings.
    We'll trade him to the Jets for the last two years of his contract first.

What did Rodgers say that made him sound "thin-skinned" or having "hurt feelings"? Nothing as I read it.

He merely answered a stupid question from some God damned media troublemaker. Anybody seeing this as a big deal at all should get over it.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I think they could trade him to the Browns for Joe Thomas.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think they could trade him to the Browns for Joe Thomas.
    We ALL know he's gonna end up in Minnesota. Might as well trade him for Rhodes, Diggs and their no. 1.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Joe was on the radio the other day. It really sounded like he was the major voice supporting Hue Jackson. Literally said that it was impossible for Hue to succeed when the front office was doing everything they could to make it impossible to win. Anyway, the point is that he seemed committed to stay. But I guess that means nothing except it might cost a little more to get him.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

What he said was not as diva like. The fact that he aired it out in public at all was very diva like. Call it what you want. I don't mind difficult behavior when a player can back it up on the field. But to deny that Rodgers can be whiny or diva like at times is just proof that the kool-aid affects your vision.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I tend to think you should, even if it feeds into a sense of entitlement, because if you are going to avoid Favre-A-Polooza redux in 2022, you need a good working relationship.
    If you consult with him and then decide to go in a different direction from what he wants, you risk creating an even bigger Palooza. You go from ignore to diss. I dunno, maybe this is an offshoot of the supposed rift between AR and MM: the QB coach position is one of the tentacles used by the head coach to keep the QB in line, and the QB resents being told what to do.