Thread: Ishmael Flicks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    How would Warner versus Disney be any more problematic than Marvel versus DC? I never saw anyone try to run anti-trust against the comics companies. Maybe because the stakes weren't as high....
    Disney and 21st Century Fox are a hell of a lot more than just comics. Disney is everything from films to ABC to newspapers. Same with Fox.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Disney and 21st Century Fox are a hell of a lot more than just comics. Disney is everything from films to ABC to newspapers. Same with Fox.
    First: duh. But I thought we were just talking about movie rights to comic book heroes. Second: Fox will split in the Disney deal, with the news going separate. Even if the value amounts are different, it matters, because a merger that consolidates 'news' control matters more than entertainment to the political class (they never understand how much entertainment influences culture and politics, but whatever).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck