Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishmael Flicks

Ishmael Flicks

End of the F***ing World. 2 Thumbs. Short and sweet, just the way I like 'em.

Infinity War. Cannot wait.

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    It was a hell of a movie. It is not easy to make a movie about the destruction of the universe, and then literally have the universe destroyed. It doesn't make for a happy ending

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Hard to keep track of everyone

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I thought they did an excellent job executing it. They gave Thanos great depth too. I am incredibly excited for the next one in the series, probably "Avengers: Endgame", and starting the transition from Stark/Cap to the new set of heroes.

I predict that Cap will have a very honorable death saving Tony in the next one. Then Bucky will become the new Cap, just like the books. Tony will retire and take over Fury's role as director of the Avengers.

Whatever our predictions are for the next movie will be wrong.

But my prediction will be that Black Widow takes the big leap of death. Hulk finally comes out, but it's not just Hulk, It is WORLD BREAKER HULK!!! Or even better HEART OF THE MONSTER HULK will absolutely crush Thanos. Now Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet is still a different story. Thanos with the gauntlet controls the fundamentally forces of the universe. So no one is going to over power Thanos. Thanos without the gauntlet will get completely pummeled by World Breaker Hulk.

So Thanos will lose the gauntlet by cunning not force.
    Last edited by Deputy Nutz; 05-02-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Did the Fantastic 4 and the X-men chip in? I think they could replace the raccoon with The Punisher and get bigger bang for their buck.

Eventually, the Watcher will just come in and neutralize them all. Unless Galactus has anything to say about it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

That Raccoon might be the best thing about the MCU!!!

No Xmen, No Fantastic 4. The merger has not gone through yet.

They can leave the Fantastic 4 right out of it. XMen will be in eventually.

The movie was outstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    They can leave the Fantastic 4 right out of it.
    Wait, what? You not a FF fan? (Leave aside that the FF movies were meh and that it would be challenging to have Johnny Storm and Captian American in the same scene).

Galactus has the sadz

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    That Raccoon might be the best thing about the MCU!!!
    right after Howard the Duck?

Take the Human Torch and The Thing out, and they are a pretty sad duo.

Take the Human Torch and The Thing out, and they are a pretty sad duo.
    I always get a kick out of Reed Richards, the 'dispassionate' scientist. He's got this hottie running around and yet he ignores her and totally focuses on building devices that open portals to the neutral zone, populated with personal and world-threatening dangers. Susan Storm is a 'thinly drawn' character, lacking in substance. At least she's not opaque. heh heh.

What if she flew Wonderwoman's invisible jet?

What if she flew Wonderwoman's invisible jet?
    how would she find it?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    how would she find it?
    It’s got that wireframe outline.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I grew up on 60's and 70's hand-me-down comics so naturally I'm of the mind that what they've done with the fantastic four in films is a crime against humanity. Without the fantastic four, Marvel is missing the movie rights to Dr. Doom. If they were going to get the franchise back I think it would have already happened. Marvel ended the publication a few years ago in what I assume was a way to give Fox the finger after a failed negotiation. It must just be ransom because Fox clearly has no idea how to make money off of FF.

In those old comics there are times where Reed slaps Susan in the face. Didn't age well.

There are some signs that X-Men is starting to leak back into mainstream Marvel. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are pseudo X-Men. Fox had squeezed just about everything out of the X-Men storylines until they opened up another gold mine with Deadpool. Back in the 90's when Marvel first sold the X-Men film rights, X-Men and Spiderman were the only titles keeping Marvel afloat. In an effort to use that X-Men popularity to give their other characters a boost, they had this big event called the Onslaught Saga that mixed all these other titles into this X-Men plotline. If Marvel were to acquire X-Men film rights tomorrow, they'd need to do a movie like that.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

If Disney completes the Fox buyout, you will get your wish.

^^^ It's not like Reed was going around slapping the shit out of Susan Storm every day. More prevalent and dated are the female cliches of shopping, changing hair styles, incessant hysteria/weeping, and swooning over Prince Namor.

The FF movies were generally poorly made. I was really pissed when a 200 foot tall arrogant Galactus did not appear. The tan-in-a-can collagen-lipped Susan Storm look was disturbing.

I forgot about who owned which rights.

I stopped collecting comics (or my brother did) around the mid eighties. Still, I think my bro has the entire Amazing Spider Man, PPTSS, most of X-men, FF, Hulk, and Avengers (plus a lot of complete short run series) in plastic somewhere. Probably several thousand comics. Lot of great stories in there. Treasure trove really.