Thread: Ishmael Flicks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    This new Avengers flick is lame, in my humble stoic opinion. I mean, [SPOILER ALERT!] a band of hotshot superheroes failed miserably to defeat the antisocial villain in 2.5 hours? Lame. Superman by himself could've annihilated the villain in 3 minutes.

Then there's the part where Dr. Strange gave up a stone in order to save Ironman's life, as if the hundreds of trillions of lives that eventually perished after Thanos acquired all the stones aren't as divine as Ironman's. I mean, that's akin to Rand and Tex's deity saving His beloved Son at the expense of humanity.

The only nice thing about this flick is Elizabeth Olsen's acting and hotness.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    This new Avengers flick is lame, in my humble stoic opinion. I mean, [SPOILER ALERT!] a band of hotshot superheroes failed miserably to defeat the antisocial villain in 2.5 hours? Lame. Superman by himself could've annihilated the villain in 3 minutes.

Then there's the part where Dr. Strange gave up a stone in order to save Ironman's life, as if the hundreds of trillions of lives that eventually perished after Thanos acquired all the stones aren't as divine as Ironman's. I mean, that's akin to Rand and Tex's deity saving His beloved Son at the expense of humanity.

The only nice thing about this flick is Elizabeth Olsen's acting and hotness.
    You must have fallen asleep for the part when Dr. Strange used the time gem to explore possible futures and reported that he found one in which the Avengers win.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    You must have fallen asleep for the part when Dr. Strange used the time gem to explore possible futures and reported that he found one in which the Avengers win.
    So the events in this flick aren't real, they're merely figments of Strange's imagination? If so, lame. If not, it's still lame that the good doc is willing to sacrifice hundreds of billions of innocent lives for an (eventual) Avengers victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    So the events in this flick aren't real, they're merely figments of Strange's imagination? If so, lame. If not, it's still lame that the good doc is willing to sacrifice hundreds of billions of innocent lives for an Avengers victory.
    One, it’s a movie not reality. Two, all the stones together can alter time and reality. Out of 14million futures doc looked to, one succeeded. Do you understand foreshadowing?
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    One, it’s a movie not reality. Two, all the stones together can alter time and reality. Out of 14million futures doc looked to, one succeeded. Do you understand foreshadowing?
    I understand we're talking fictional stuff here. But even in the fictional book that Rand and Tex and countless other brainwashed folks worship, the One was sacrificed for the sake of humanity. Half of the universe's population now dead while Ironman lives? Unjust. Ironman has saved a bunch of lives, but there are plenty of other superheroes out there to take his place. Strange should have let Ironman die, and then avenge his death with the other Avengers.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 05-10-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    APB I'm worried you still haven't connected these dots so let me do it for you. Dr Strange knows exactly 1 way to win. Then he does something that seems crazy. It's safe to assume that he did the crazy thing because he knew the only way to win involved Tony Stark being alive. Yes half of people died, but they did so in a universe where you can put on a glove and undo that with another snap of the fingers. This isn't Game of Thrones. Everybody is coming back.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

APB I'm worried you still haven't connected these dots so let me do it for you. Dr Strange knows exactly 1 way to win. Then he does something that seems crazy. It's safe to assume that he did the crazy thing because he knew the only way to win involved Tony Stark being alive. Yes half of people died, but they did so in a universe where you can put on a glove and undo that with another snap of the fingers. This isn't Game of Thrones. Everybody is coming back.
    Aegon Targaryen came back from the dead in GOT, and therefore, your point is moot.