Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ishmael Flicks

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    It was like walking outside and taking a breath of fresh air after being trapped in a room of farts for 30 years. It's a genius direction to take Star Wars into. Hardly a pretense of a plot, a main character that is actor/acting proof, the whole runtime is dedicated to worldbuilding and shootouts. This is Star Wars John Wick and we deserve it.
    Haven't seen the Mandalorian, but I approve this message.

It was like walking outside and taking a breath of fresh air after being trapped in a room of farts for 30 years. It's a genius direction to take Star Wars into. Hardly a pretense of a plot, a main character that is actor/acting proof, the whole runtime is dedicated to worldbuilding and shootouts. This is Star Wars John Wick and we deserve it.
    After the 3rd episode, an article came out saying Favreau will have input into foreseeable future Star Wars projects. It’s getting better by the episode.
    This is museum quality stupidity.

If that's true, pretty impressive resume for Favreau with shaping MCU and now beginning to shape Star Wars.

Don't have D+, but really enthused by your enthusiasm.

Talk about a franchise in need of a rescue.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    After the 3rd episode, an article came out saying Favreau will have input into foreseeable future Star Wars projects. It’s getting better by the episode.
    That is good news!

The show is why I sign up for D+. Really does have the classic feel to it. I have seen epi 3 but the first two played out great. Enjoying being in that part of the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    That is good news!

The show is why I sign up for D+. Really does have the classic feel to it. I have seen epi 3 but the first two played out great. Enjoying being in that part of the galaxy.
    i almost signed up for it just for it too, but i'm kinda blah on star wars after episode 8

now ford vs ferrari, now thats a fucking great movie

After Ep 8, I considered writing them off forever. I just can’t quit you The Force. I’m just old enough to now have seen every movie in the theater, so despite shitty early reviews I’ll be watching Ep9 in the theater.
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Jesus, Mr. Robot is so good but I cannot handle it. Too dark this year. I am too soft.

Whoo, finally a win for the good guys. Dom Dipierro, certified bad ass.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    So I watched all 3.5 hours of The Irishman. I really don't get the hype. Genre's been done to death. Frankly, Goodfellas was much better.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Terminator: Dark Fate - John Connor gets fucked, fucking up fate. Flick then morphs into a feminist crusade. Better than the other T2 sequels but mediocrity all around: mediocre writing, acting and directing. 3.5 out of 5 stars - I like the feminism theme.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Joker - Class antagonism indeed turns Arthur Fleck into the Joker. What is a man if he utilizes vicious strategies in his crusade to overthrow a vicious society? A vicious clown? A man of virtues? In a kooky way, Arthur Fleck epotimizes the man of virtues.

Excellent acting, directing and writing. 5 out of 5 stars.

Oh, btw, fuck you Thomas Wayne.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Joker - Class antagonism indeed turns Arthur Fleck into the Joker. What is a man if he utilizes vicious strategies in his crusade to overthrow a vicious society? A vicious clown? A man of virtues? In a kooky way, Arthur Fleck epotimizes the man of virtues.

Great movie. Excellent take on the Joker origin story.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

About time APB.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    About time APB.
    If the mask fits, wear it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Sounds like Marvel had no idea about Chadwick Boseman. Seems negligent to cast an actor in such a high profile and high earning series that impacts shareholders so much and not have done a medical examination. It'd be like signing an NFL player and not reviewing their health before giving them a mega contract.

Seems like Shuri is gonna take over the mantle.

Fuck the shareholders. That's the problem with this country....oh the shareholders!
    C.H.U.D.

I agree 100% - but don't you think it's f'n weird that Disney didn't do their due diligence with such a major casting? Seems crazy to me.

I watched a movie where Cedrick Diggory floated through space in a cardboard box with a baby. People killed each other and raped each other, which I guess is normal these days, but then they found another cardboard box with dogs in it. That was pretty much all that happened. I think maybe he was going... because they were all that was left? That’s why they found the dogs? So... anyway we still had sex after the movie but it was sad, confused sex. But very meaningful.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I should say his baby was like 15 by the end of the movie. He wasn’t going to , I don’t think.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial