Thread: The Secret of Bill Belichick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I think it's highly likely Vox Day is correct and Ernie Adams is Bellicheat's secret game plan guru, just because it seems like Bellicheat's MO. Guessing what the other team is doing by observation and developing counter moves on the fly is tactics almost by definition. Knowing what the other team has done in the past and developing an overall game plan to counter these tendencies is strategy. I don't know who puts together the Patriot game plan or who has the most input on it, but Bellicheats ability as a tactician is obvious to most observers.

I think the point is they do not wait to develop counter moves on the fly, if by that you mean in game. They come in with a plan based on advanced scouting to do certain things to hurt the opposition. If it doesn't work, or the opponent does something unexpected, Belichick will abandoned weeks worth of work to stop the bleeding quickly. He makes a strategic choice but part of that strategy is to abandon choices that aren't working. Then employ alternate strategy or tactic to take what the defense is giving you.

McCarthy on the other hand gets a little greedy. He sees Seattle in Cover 3 with bail technique outside and he wants to throw on it. When the pass rush plus excellent coverage gives him fits, he adjusts after the half.

Same with San Fran. Cover 2 man with safeties deep. He wants to throw deep down the sides and the seams. When the pass rush and coverage work well in tandem and he has no true threat in the seam, he takes forever to help the tackles and chip the pass rushers.

He also then has trouble because he is against calling stuff they have not repped in practice. So a new game plan mid game doesn't happen. I think this is why M3 and Rodgers are not more efficient at winning when behind and Brady seems to do it every other week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think the point is they do not wait to develop counter moves on the fly, if by that you mean in game. They come in with a plan based on advanced scouting to do certain things to hurt the opposition. If it doesn't work, or the opponent does something unexpected, Belichick will abandoned weeks worth of work to stop the bleeding quickly. He makes a strategic choice but part of that strategy is to abandon choices that aren't working. Then employ alternate strategy or tactic to take what the defense is giving you.

McCarthy on the other hand gets a little greedy. He sees Seattle in Cover 3 with bail technique outside and he wants to throw on it. When the pass rush plus excellent coverage gives him fits, he adjusts after the half.

Same with San Fran. Cover 2 man with safeties deep. He wants to throw deep down the sides and the seams. When the pass rush and coverage work well in tandem and he has no true threat in the seam, he takes forever to help the tackles and chip the pass rushers.

He also then has trouble because he is against calling stuff they have not repped in practice. So a new game plan mid game doesn't happen. I think this is why M3 and Rodgers are not more efficient at winning when behind and Brady seems to do it every other week.

In short hoody is awesome and stubby is stubby.