Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Official Super Bowl LII Game Day Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Strictly speaking, helmet to helmet isn't prohibited in the open field, just the crown of the helmet. But they never call it either way. Biggest play of the game was the interception on the bobble by Alshon Jeffrey. It let New England stay in the game for basically the entire rest of the way, when otherwise Philly would have ran away with it. At least a 10 point swing and could have been a 14 pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Strictly speaking, helmet to helmet isn't prohibited in the open field, just the crown of the helmet. But they never call it either way. Biggest play of the game was the interception on the bobble by Alshon Jeffrey. It let New England stay in the game for basically the entire rest of the way, when otherwise Philly would have ran away with it. At least a 10 point swing and could have been a 14 pointer.
    Yes. That was hugh.

It's 'a fact of life and football and DEFENSE', how one significant play changes things dramatically.

How many times do we as fans know it's necessary for any Teams 'D' to make the big Stop or get the Big Turnover !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Was that when they called a defensive holding play on 3rd down to keep NE alive as well right after that?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

In place of Malcolm Butler's Pats HC Bill Belichick started CB Eric Rowe

Rowe allowed six catches for 79 yards and a touchdown on a team-high nine targets. REF: Phil Perry and Mike Giardi of NBC Sports Boston.

There was this relatively early in the game. With 2:34 left in the first quarter, Alshon Jeffery beat Rowe on a vertical route and out jumped him for a 34-yard score. Did Belichick look seriously to Malcolm Butler after that TD !?...NO !

Eric Rowe's overall performance left everyone wondering why Butler wasn't added to the field at some point...."

Bill Belichick's decision to bench Malcolm Butler turned the Patriots into a three-safety team in Defensive sub-packages. Patrick Chung and Jordan Richards were vulnerable targets in coverage and Chung was actually absent for a portion of the game after he was taken out for precautionary observation.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...r-bowl-mistake

Benching Malcolm Butler Was Bill Belichick's Biggest Super Bowl Mistake

BY: DOUG FARRAR .... FEBRUARY 6, 2018

" This domino effect is exactly what one would expect Belichick to anticipate; that he caused it by benching Butler makes this a possible game-losing call. It's the kind of regrettable decision that Belichick's opponents usually make, and Pederson made him pay. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
    Re: Butler, etc.
    The same "#Patriots Way" approach/methodology that wins 5 Super Bowls can result in losing a 6th. If you love the approach when it (constantly) works, you must accept it when it (rarely) fails.

FIRE BELICHICK!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...d-browns-first

Ranking 2015 New Coaching Hires in 2015

1. Hue Jackson 1-31
    2. Chip Kelly 2-14
    3. Adam Gase 16-16
    4. Drik Koetter 14-18
    5. Ben McAdoo 13-15
    6. Doug Pederson 20-12

Ian O'Connor nearly reversed reality. He claims (and I cannot dispute it) that Pederson was the third choice after Coughlin said no and McAdoo cancelled the second interview when he got the Giants job.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.