Thread: D-Ped

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

D-Ped

The earth barely circled the sun twice since Doug Pederson succeeded the notoriously unpopular Chip Kelly as HC of the Eggles , and he's already a highly successful NFL coach. The Eggles oughta tenure Pederson, ala the Packers with McCarthy.

I'm not gonna lie: Prior to the Super Bowl, I had only watched about 10 minutes of Eggles football this season. That was the Eggles-Bears game. And that was more than enough for me to conclude that Wentz is nothing but a taller version the Great Arm of Butte.

After the Eggles' improbable victory over the mighty Patriots of the former British colonies, Peter King called Pederson the "Favre of coaches." I agreed. Favre was one aggressive motherfucker on the football field, and he always played to win. Pederson coach just like that - aggressive and play to win.

What's impressive is Pederson beat the Pats with a backup QB. With Nick Fucking Foles, for fuck's sake! Don't give me the bullshit about the Eggles' great D. That D failed to show up against the GOAT Tom Brady for all but 1 play.

Pederson put his trust in Foles. Called an aggressive game. Played to win. And the Eggles prevailed. McCarthy would've kicked a field goal rather than run a trick play, and in the 2nd half, milked the clock (unsuccessfully) out of the jumble package series after series.

I still would love to see J-Mac run the whole shebang in the Green and Gold, but if the Gutenkunst-McCarthy partnership doesn't win the Super Bowl next season, I say fire them all, and hire Favre to be the GM and then trade for Pederson to coach the Pack.

Oh, btw, the Eggles used Belichickism to win Super Bowl 52.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 02-06-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Does this make you D-Pedophile?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Not the first time a back-up QB has taken over late in the season and won a SB. Jeff Hostetler replaced Phil Simms for the Giants.
    Last edited by Teamcheez1; 02-06-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Not the first time a back-up QB has taken over late in the season and won a SB. Jeff Hostetler replace Phil Simms for the Giants.
    Which leads us to the question: Why didn't Thompson acquire a adequate backup QB after the final cuts back in September?

McCarthy gave The Hun a million reps in the preseason and The Hun was pretty much uninspiring. Was even outplayed by Hill. There were plenty of vet QBs better than Hundley available after the cuts. For one, Kap was willing to be a backup, and he would certainly have fared better holding down the fort than the Hun while A-Rod's collarbone regenerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Which leads us to the question: Why didn't Thompson acquire a adequate backup QB after the final cuts back in September?

McCarthy gave The Hun a million reps in the preseason and The Hun was pretty much uninspiring. Was even outplayed by Hill. There were plenty of vet QBs better than Hundley available after the cuts. For one, Kap was willing to be a backup, and he would certainly have fared better holding down the fort than the Hun while A-Rod's collarbone regenerated.
    Here's a clear example of that old saying:

A PICTURE says a thousand words.

Additional Comment:

I feel really sad for Ted Thompson.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

Foles did not play like Foles until the playoffs. In four games after Wentz went down he had a rating of 69, 115, 59 and 9. Until then, he looked like the scared colt he was after his rookie season with Kelly.

You have to play them to find out if they can play. Lots of player development is obscure and hard to track from a fan point of view. They have to play in actual games to prove their worth. Folks had to start and he did not sink, but got better after those four games.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Foles did not play like Foles until the playoffs. In four games after Wentz went down he had a rating of 69, 115, 59 and 9. Until then, he looked like the scared colt he was after his rookie season with Kelly.

You have to play them to find out if they can play. Lots of player development is obscure and hard to track from a fan point of view. They have to play in actual games to prove their worth. Folks had to start and he did not sink, but got better after those four games.
    http://www.nfl.com/player/nickfoles/2532842/careerstats

Nick Foles is an NFL Backup QB that simply delivered on his confidence in the Super Bowl Game. It will be his Crowning Achievement and his NFL Career as Super Bowl LII MVP.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Foles was pretty inspiring in his 2nd season, wasn't he? Dude proved that season that he can definitely play in the NFL.

Hundley? He sucked in the preseason, but it was clear as day to everyone other than Thompson and McCarthy (and maybe Tex) after 3 games and 2 starts that Hundley couldn't - and still can't -play. Thompson should've signed Kap. McCarthy pretty much simplified the offense for Hundley, a 3rd year player playing like the rookie Kizer. No reason he couldn't do the same for Kap til Kap got familiar with the playbook.

If not Kap, Flynn was sitting at home all day last fall annoying the shit out of his hot wife. Flynn knows McCarthy's playbook like the back of his hand. After a couple of warm up throws, and despite his noodle-arm, Flynn would've been more accurate than The Hun.

Hundley might make a good coach someday, given his team-first attitude, but he can't play in the NFL. He's not even a good backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Not the first time a back-up QB has taken over late in the season and won a SB. Jeff Hostetler replaced Phil Simms for the Giants.
    Ain't that the Tom Brady story?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/player/nickfoles/2532842/careerstats

Nick Foles is an NFL Backup QB that simply delivered on his confidence in the Super Bowl Game. It will be his Crowning Achievement and his NFL Career as Super Bowl LII MVP.
    Isn't that the crowning achievement of ANY QB?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Isn't that the crowning achievement of ANY QB?
    No there can be more and a QB's NFL Legacy.

Winning two Super Bowl Rings or more is a better achievement?