Thread: D-Ped

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

D-Ped

The earth barely circled the sun twice since Doug Pederson succeeded the notoriously unpopular Chip Kelly as HC of the Eggles , and he's already a highly successful NFL coach. The Eggles oughta tenure Pederson, ala the Packers with McCarthy.

I'm not gonna lie: Prior to the Super Bowl, I had only watched about 10 minutes of Eggles football this season. That was the Eggles-Bears game. And that was more than enough for me to conclude that Wentz is nothing but a taller version the Great Arm of Butte.

After the Eggles' improbable victory over the mighty Patriots of the former British colonies, Peter King called Pederson the "Favre of coaches." I agreed. Favre was one aggressive motherfucker on the football field, and he always played to win. Pederson coach just like that - aggressive and play to win.

What's impressive is Pederson beat the Pats with a backup QB. With Nick Fucking Foles, for fuck's sake! Don't give me the bullshit about the Eggles' great D. That D failed to show up against the GOAT Tom Brady for all but 1 play.

Pederson put his trust in Foles. Called an aggressive game. Played to win. And the Eggles prevailed. McCarthy would've kicked a field goal rather than run a trick play, and in the 2nd half, milked the clock (unsuccessfully) out of the jumble package series after series.

I still would love to see J-Mac run the whole shebang in the Green and Gold, but if the Gutenkunst-McCarthy partnership doesn't win the Super Bowl next season, I say fire them all, and hire Favre to be the GM and then trade for Pederson to coach the Pack.

Oh, btw, the Eggles used Belichickism to win Super Bowl 52.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 02-06-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.