Thread: NEWS Bulletin ! ... Aaron Rodgers: I plan on winning another MVP

NEWS Bulletin ! ... Aaron Rodgers: I plan on winning another MVP

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ng-another-mvp

Aaron Rodgers: I plan on winning another MVP

By Nick Shook NFL.com

Published: Feb. 6, 2018 at 09:28 a.m. Updated: Feb. 6, 2018 at 10:46 a.m.

" ...is Rodgers heading toward another MVP season in 2018?

"I plan on doing that again," he said of winning another MVP, per the team's official site.

Despite Rodgers' unhappiness with the departure of his quarterbacks coach, the deck is stacked in the signal-caller's favor, thanks to two key occurrences in recent months: First, Green Bay locked up clear No. 1 receiver Davante Adams on a four-year, $58 million deal. Second, the Packers welcomed back offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, who schemed for Rodgers during the aforementioned 2011 season. ..."
    Fr. Article

Please Click on the LINK for the rest.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Hopefully the problems the Packers have had in making bad draft day decisions was more due to TT than to the scouting dept... with a new DC, I think the quick fix for the team overall resides on defense - as always.

I still think the best defensive front to run based on our personnel is a 3-3. To make that work, we need at least one more stud LB. I have no faith in Ryan, and I'm not sold on Martinez.

If we ran a 3-4 base, along with a 3-3, 4-2 nickel - I think we could turn the defense around pretty quickly if we added 1 more stud LB. Matthews would have to stay viable, and Perry would have to put his hand in the dirt some.

The backend should be better simply b/c Dunderdummy is gone.

To me, everything starts with defense. We have the QB, and have had for several years... it is up to the front office to put the right pieces around him to get us some more championships.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Hopefully the problems the Packers have had in making bad draft day decisions was more due to TT than to the scouting dept... with a new DC, I think the quick fix for the team overall resides on defense - as always.

I still think the best defensive front to run based on our personnel is a 3-3. To make that work, we need at least one more stud LB. I have no faith in Ryan, and I'm not sold on Martinez.

If we ran a 3-4 base, along with a 3-3, 4-2 nickel - I think we could turn the defense around pretty quickly if we added 1 more stud LB. Matthews would have to stay viable, and Perry would have to put his hand in the dirt some.

The backend should be better simply b/c Dunderdummy is gone.

To me, everything starts with defense. We have the QB, and have had for several years... it is up to the front office to put the right pieces around him to get us some more championships.
    On the Defensive side of the ball needs:

We need another solid Man on the DL for Depth.

LBers are the QB of the Defense. Somehow we need to get two solid LBers. .

We need more at DB or say two more CB's and we need to see better Coaching and co-ordination in the Secondary.

On Offense we need more on the OL.

We need another star WR.

We need more at the TE Position.

We have to see our young RB's progress.

We need a REAL Backup QB.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

i think a-rod just proved this season that he is by far the most valuable player in the nfl every year

he's a 1 man super bowl contender

he should just have to stay healthy to win it again

The biggest single factor in Aaron Rodgers getting another MVP (and another and another etc.) is Good Luck in the form of Good Health. He has played at or near MVP level for a long time with (arguably) mediocre O Line blocking, receivers who have very limited ability to get separation, and not very good RBs. We've got (seemingly) better RBs now. Better O Line play and better receivers, of course, would also help, but it's 50/50 whether that is gonna happen even with a new GM.

What we NEED? Really only 3 or 4 things (not necessarily in this order): an outstanding deep threat TE - Jimmy Graham would be that, quality shut down Corner, and a star-quality Pass Rusher. Imagine Aaron Rodgers throwing to him ...... that's MVP probability. I don't see any draftable TEs that cut it, especially not as a quick fix - rookie TEs seem to take a while to get good. Several including Fumigalli would be good to get around the 3rd or 4th round in addition, not instead of Graham.

I doubt we draft a Corner in the first round, having gotten burned that way twice recently (yeah, the jury is still out on King, but he's a longshot for star-quality at this point. I don't know if there even are any top flight FA Corners out there. I can't name one off the top of my head. With what we have now - a bunch of solid #2 Corner quality players, you'd think that a DC would go with some zone D. There must be teams out there who, similar to the Packers, don't have a superstar Corner but still play decent pass defense.

Of those needs I stated, the most likely one to get immediate help in the draft is Pass Rusher.

We do need more O Line talent. I would not, however, use a first or second round pick, as too many high-drafted O Line players are busts, and we have much more need for a Pass Rusher.

We do NOT - IMO - need a star WR badly enough to risk a first round pick for what would hardly be a sure thing. I say that even if the decision was made to get rid of both Nelson and Cobb.

We also do NOT need a "REAL" backup QB. I get it that the Hundley haters are a big majority in here, but that doesn't make them right. That, and if you pick up ANY immobile QB, and he is gonna flounder with the Packers O Line, and ANY QB who has less than Aaron Rodgers quality accuracy is gonna flounder with the Packers receiver group.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The biggest single factor in Aaron Rodgers getting another MVP (and another and another etc.) is Good Luck in the form of Good Health. He has played at or near MVP level for a long time with (arguably) mediocre O Line blocking, receivers who have very limited ability to get separation, and not very good RBs. We've got (seemingly) better RBs now. Better O Line play and better receivers, of course, would also help, but it's 50/50 whether that is gonna happen even with a new GM.

What we NEED? Really only 3 or 4 things (not necessarily in this order): an outstanding deep threat TE - Jimmy Graham would be that, quality shut down Corner, and a star-quality Pass Rusher. Imagine Aaron Rodgers throwing to him ...... that's MVP probability. I don't see any draftable TEs that cut it, especially not as a quick fix - rookie TEs seem to take a while to get good. Several including Fumigalli would be good to get around the 3rd or 4th round in addition, not instead of Graham.

I doubt we draft a Corner in the first round, having gotten burned that way twice recently (yeah, the jury is still out on King, but he's a longshot for star-quality at this point. I don't know if there even are any top flight FA Corners out there. I can't name one off the top of my head. With what we have now - a bunch of solid #2 Corner quality players, you'd think that a DC would go with some zone D. There must be teams out there who, similar to the Packers, don't have a superstar Corner but still play decent pass defense.

Of those needs I stated, the most likely one to get immediate help in the draft is Pass Rusher.

We do need more O Line talent. I would not, however, use a first or second round pick, as too many high-drafted O Line players are busts, and we have much more need for a Pass Rusher.

We do NOT - IMO - need a star WR badly enough to risk a first round pick for what would hardly be a sure thing. I say that even if the decision was made to get rid of both Nelson and Cobb.

We also do NOT need a "REAL" backup QB. I get it that the Hundley haters are a big majority in here, but that doesn't make them right. That, and if you pick up ANY immobile QB, and he is gonna flounder with the Packers O Line, and ANY QB who has less than Aaron Rodgers quality accuracy is gonna flounder with the Packers receiver group.
    You just posted that the Green Bay Packers really have one chance to win next year and it's by far and realistically on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers.

That certainly going into next Season,'in fact today' makes him the leading MVP Candidate.

What I see is a mess of a Roster and it got that way because of incompetence on behalf of Green Bay Packer BRASS.

What I see realistically is a Green Bay Packer Roster that needs an upgrade and all of the 'Deadwood chucked' to begin that refit on a brand new 3-4 Year Plan.

Code:
    Year  G  GS   QBrec  Cmp  Att Cmp%   Yds  TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A  Y/C  Rate  QBR  Sk  Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD  AV
    2015* 16  16  10-6-0 347  572 60.7  3821  31 5.4   8  1.4  65 6.7  7.1 11.0  92.7 63.6  46  314 5.67  6.10 7.4   2   2  14
    Provided by Pro-Football-Reference.com: View Original Table
    Generated 2/7/2018.

2015, the year of the great Packers' offensive slowdown, Rodgers did not have anywhere close to an MVP season. It featured several trends that continue to this day. Foremost Nelson was hurt early and toward the end of the season, many of the starting WRs were battling injuries. Even mediocre defenses were sitting on the Packers short in man coverage, something that San Fran started earlier in the decade.

Its still happening now that Jordy has aged to a possession receiver. Adams is great but is not the deep threat Nelson or Jones were in their primes.

They need WR talent. Its not going to come from Allison, Janis or Davis.
    Last edited by pbmax; 02-07-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Code:
    Year  G  GS   QBrec  Cmp  Att Cmp%   Yds  TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A  Y/C  Rate  QBR  Sk  Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD  AV
    2015* 16  16  10-6-0 347  572 60.7  3821  31 5.4   8  1.4  65 6.7  7.1 11.0  92.7 63.6  46  314 5.67  6.10 7.4   2   2  14
    Provided by Pro-Football-Reference.com: View Original Table
    Generated 2/7/2018.

2015, the year of the great Packers' offensive slowdown, Rodgers did not have anywhere close to an MVP season. It featured several trends that continue to this day. Foremost Nelson was hurt early and toward the end of the season, many of the starting WRs were battling injuries. Even mediocre defenses were sitting on the Packers short in man coverage, something that San Fran started earlier in the decade.

Its still happening now that Jordy has aged to a possession receiver. Adams is great but is not the deep threat Nelson or Jones were in their primes.

They need WR talent. Its not going to come from Allison, Janis or Davis.
    Absolutely.

The Packers need a stud WR. We don't have that Guy right now.

Are we going to continue to believe in Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nelson MAGIC !?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Absolutely.

The Packers need a stud WR. We don't have that Guy right now.

Are we going to continue to believe in Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nelson MAGIC !?
    Agreed. Preferably a fast, studish receiver.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

You just posted that the Green Bay Packers really have one chance to win next year and it's by far and realistically on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers.

That certainly going into next Season,'in fact today' makes him the leading MVP Candidate.

What I see is a mess of a Roster and it got that way because of incompetence on behalf of Green Bay Packer BRASS.

What I see realistically is a Green Bay Packer Roster that needs an upgrade and all of the 'Deadwood chucked' to begin that refit on a brand new 3-4 Year Plan.
    If you mean they have one chance to win next season - if Aaron Rodgers stays healthy, yeah, that's exactly what I meant - of course.

If you mean one chance next season and then never again - implying Rodgers is fading fast or whatever, then hell no, that ain't what I meant at all. They could win half a dozen or more Super Bowls if Rodgers stays healthy and effective.

Yeah, I agree with your assessment of the roster in general - full of Ted Thompson mediocrity. Hopefully that will gradually change for the better, but even if it doesn't, Rodgers is just that good that he could carry an otherwise mediocre team all the way. He did it once and has come fairly close several other times.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ng-another-mvp

Aaron Rodgers: I plan on winning another MVP

By Nick Shook NFL.com

Published: Feb. 6, 2018 at 09:28 a.m. Updated: Feb. 6, 2018 at 10:46 a.m.

" ...is Rodgers heading toward another MVP season in 2018?

"I plan on doing that again," he said of winning another MVP, per the team's official site.

Despite Rodgers' unhappiness with the departure of his quarterbacks coach, the deck is stacked in the signal-caller's favor, thanks to two key occurrences in recent months: First, Green Bay locked up clear No. 1 receiver Davante Adams on a four-year, $58 million deal. Second, the Packers welcomed back offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, who schemed for Rodgers during the aforementioned 2011 season. ..."
    Fr. Article

Please Click on the LINK for the rest.

GO PACKERS !
    You do realize that it's the offseason - are you into the sauce again, Woodduck?

Now you have me feeling all cheezy.

Let's never mind a league MVP and instead win a freakin' Championship!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    You do realize that it's the offseason - are you into the sauce again, Woodduck?

Now you have me feeling all cheezy.

Let's never mind a league MVP and instead win a freakin' Championship!

Here's 'The FACTS' as I weigh them right now and that's if?, the Brass are now going to work as 'a well oiled machine'.

With the mess the Packers are in and aging former Potential Pro Bowl Players (CM III and Jordy Nelson.

With only two solid WR's in Adams and Cobb.

With virtually little at the TE Position.

With a horrid NO Pass rush and a pathetic Secondary.

With more need at LBer.

The Green Bay Packers are 'at least three years' and a legitimate shot at a Lombardi Trophy.

Shouldn't his comment be more like "I plan on winning another SUPER BOWL"???

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    This was said in answer to a question pointing out the last time he had a clavicle injury, he came back the following season and won the MVP.

So he was not answering a question that involved a team goal. He was answering a question about his health and comeback.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Besides, if he wins the MVP, it means he stayed healthy, and it probably means the Packers go very deep in the playoffs.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    How about being really honest:

" I'll get another Super Bowl Ring if the Packer Brass get their shit together and pay me a King's Ransom and get me some real talent on the Roster to work with." Aaron 'The Whole Truth' Rodgers.