Thread: NEWS Bulletin ! ... Aaron Rodgers: I plan on winning another MVP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The biggest single factor in Aaron Rodgers getting another MVP (and another and another etc.) is Good Luck in the form of Good Health. He has played at or near MVP level for a long time with (arguably) mediocre O Line blocking, receivers who have very limited ability to get separation, and not very good RBs. We've got (seemingly) better RBs now. Better O Line play and better receivers, of course, would also help, but it's 50/50 whether that is gonna happen even with a new GM.

What we NEED? Really only 3 or 4 things (not necessarily in this order): an outstanding deep threat TE - Jimmy Graham would be that, quality shut down Corner, and a star-quality Pass Rusher. Imagine Aaron Rodgers throwing to him ...... that's MVP probability. I don't see any draftable TEs that cut it, especially not as a quick fix - rookie TEs seem to take a while to get good. Several including Fumigalli would be good to get around the 3rd or 4th round in addition, not instead of Graham.

I doubt we draft a Corner in the first round, having gotten burned that way twice recently (yeah, the jury is still out on King, but he's a longshot for star-quality at this point. I don't know if there even are any top flight FA Corners out there. I can't name one off the top of my head. With what we have now - a bunch of solid #2 Corner quality players, you'd think that a DC would go with some zone D. There must be teams out there who, similar to the Packers, don't have a superstar Corner but still play decent pass defense.

Of those needs I stated, the most likely one to get immediate help in the draft is Pass Rusher.

We do need more O Line talent. I would not, however, use a first or second round pick, as too many high-drafted O Line players are busts, and we have much more need for a Pass Rusher.

We do NOT - IMO - need a star WR badly enough to risk a first round pick for what would hardly be a sure thing. I say that even if the decision was made to get rid of both Nelson and Cobb.

We also do NOT need a "REAL" backup QB. I get it that the Hundley haters are a big majority in here, but that doesn't make them right. That, and if you pick up ANY immobile QB, and he is gonna flounder with the Packers O Line, and ANY QB who has less than Aaron Rodgers quality accuracy is gonna flounder with the Packers receiver group.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The biggest single factor in Aaron Rodgers getting another MVP (and another and another etc.) is Good Luck in the form of Good Health. He has played at or near MVP level for a long time with (arguably) mediocre O Line blocking, receivers who have very limited ability to get separation, and not very good RBs. We've got (seemingly) better RBs now. Better O Line play and better receivers, of course, would also help, but it's 50/50 whether that is gonna happen even with a new GM.

What we NEED? Really only 3 or 4 things (not necessarily in this order): an outstanding deep threat TE - Jimmy Graham would be that, quality shut down Corner, and a star-quality Pass Rusher. Imagine Aaron Rodgers throwing to him ...... that's MVP probability. I don't see any draftable TEs that cut it, especially not as a quick fix - rookie TEs seem to take a while to get good. Several including Fumigalli would be good to get around the 3rd or 4th round in addition, not instead of Graham.

I doubt we draft a Corner in the first round, having gotten burned that way twice recently (yeah, the jury is still out on King, but he's a longshot for star-quality at this point. I don't know if there even are any top flight FA Corners out there. I can't name one off the top of my head. With what we have now - a bunch of solid #2 Corner quality players, you'd think that a DC would go with some zone D. There must be teams out there who, similar to the Packers, don't have a superstar Corner but still play decent pass defense.

Of those needs I stated, the most likely one to get immediate help in the draft is Pass Rusher.

We do need more O Line talent. I would not, however, use a first or second round pick, as too many high-drafted O Line players are busts, and we have much more need for a Pass Rusher.

We do NOT - IMO - need a star WR badly enough to risk a first round pick for what would hardly be a sure thing. I say that even if the decision was made to get rid of both Nelson and Cobb.

We also do NOT need a "REAL" backup QB. I get it that the Hundley haters are a big majority in here, but that doesn't make them right. That, and if you pick up ANY immobile QB, and he is gonna flounder with the Packers O Line, and ANY QB who has less than Aaron Rodgers quality accuracy is gonna flounder with the Packers receiver group.
    You just posted that the Green Bay Packers really have one chance to win next year and it's by far and realistically on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers.

That certainly going into next Season,'in fact today' makes him the leading MVP Candidate.

What I see is a mess of a Roster and it got that way because of incompetence on behalf of Green Bay Packer BRASS.

What I see realistically is a Green Bay Packer Roster that needs an upgrade and all of the 'Deadwood chucked' to begin that refit on a brand new 3-4 Year Plan.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    You just posted that the Green Bay Packers really have one chance to win next year and it's by far and realistically on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers.

That certainly going into next Season,'in fact today' makes him the leading MVP Candidate.

What I see is a mess of a Roster and it got that way because of incompetence on behalf of Green Bay Packer BRASS.

What I see realistically is a Green Bay Packer Roster that needs an upgrade and all of the 'Deadwood chucked' to begin that refit on a brand new 3-4 Year Plan.
    If you mean they have one chance to win next season - if Aaron Rodgers stays healthy, yeah, that's exactly what I meant - of course.

If you mean one chance next season and then never again - implying Rodgers is fading fast or whatever, then hell no, that ain't what I meant at all. They could win half a dozen or more Super Bowls if Rodgers stays healthy and effective.

Yeah, I agree with your assessment of the roster in general - full of Ted Thompson mediocrity. Hopefully that will gradually change for the better, but even if it doesn't, Rodgers is just that good that he could carry an otherwise mediocre team all the way. He did it once and has come fairly close several other times.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?