Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Garoppolo deal extends buildup to Aaron Rodgers payday

Jimmy Garoppolo deal extends buildup to Aaron Rodgers payday

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...day/321295002/

Aaron Nagler
    , USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin Published 4:36 p.m. CT Feb. 8, 2018 | Updated 4:47 p.m. CT Feb. 8, 2018

" Every time an NFL quarterback signs a lucrative contract extension, the immediate reaction seems to be speculation about what it might mean for a potential blockbuster extension between the Green Bay Packers and quarterback Aaron Rodgers. "

Please Click on the LINK for the rest of this story.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...day/321295002/

Aaron Nagler
    , USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin Published 4:36 p.m. CT Feb. 8, 2018 | Updated 4:47 p.m. CT Feb. 8, 2018

" Every time an NFL quarterback signs a lucrative contract extension, the immediate reaction seems to be speculation about what it might mean for a potential blockbuster extension between the Green Bay Packers and quarterback Aaron Rodgers. "

Please Click on the LINK for the rest of this story.

GO PACKERS !
    Yeah, pay the man, I hope to see another super bowl before I die, and have to change my login to oldbutdeadnow.

How much does Aaron deserve? Some of it depends on the length of contract. QB contracts are incremental, so he will be paid somewhere in the neighborhood of Garappalo now, but I'm not sure he gets paid exponentially more.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Pay AR a percentage of the cap just incase the cap goes down.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

is a-rod the best player in football? probably yes

does he need to be the highest paid player in football every year? no

you can't play this game every year. you give him a huge deal making him the highest paid player in the nfl, and guess what, the next guy to sign is gonna break it. then people start saying a-rod is better so he should get paid more, but if you give him more money, then the next guy will get more, and repeat

pft keeps saying all the time the the packers need to make rodgers the highest paid player. and then they shit all over their own idea by saying that the packers need to re-sign him now because the price is only going up. but what does that get you? you sign him now to another huge deal and in 2 weeks another guy is gonna get more, then PFT and others will start saying a-rod deserves more.

we became the highest paid player in history when he signed his last deal, when he signs his next one (hopefully with one year left on his current deal) he will be the highest paid player again. you can't just re-do his contract 5 times a year every time someone gets more

on top of that, he is getting more cash this year then all but 2 players. derek carr who signed his contract last year and has his massive cap hit this season with a massive roster bonus and high salary. and garopollo who just signed a very front loaded contract where he gets most of the money this season

when you re-do a contract, that means you're geving up a ton of cash in year 1, you just can't do that every single year

wait till after this coming season, then set the new high bar

if garappolos cap numbers stay the way they are reporting, then he will get 37 million in cash in year 1

a-rod received 38.5 million in cash in year one of his current deal signed in 2013

so a-rod is not being neglected or disrespected even a little bit by the team in regards to his contract

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    if garappolos cap numbers stay the way they are reporting, then he will get 37 million in cash in year 1

a-rod received 38.5 million in cash in year one of his current deal signed in 2013

so a-rod is not being neglected or disrespected even a little bit by the team in regards to his contract
    JG is largely unproven, if very promising.

Rodgers was probably the best player at his position when he signed the current deal. The comparison between players doesn't make sense. Its what the going rate is for good starting QBs that you are looking for.

If JG got $37 mil in the first year, Rodgers 38.5, and he will get more this time.

But Rodgers has not asked for a renegotiation at all during the contract. So your point about it never being enough likely doesn't come into play. The only way its not enough is if Rodgers (and maybe the Packers) decide its time to move on.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Being a worrier by nature, I worry that maybe Rodgers sees the long-term writing on the wall - he's probably going to have to start over with a new coach soon, because the Packers' brass has been shaken up and Baby Mikey has a one-year extension - and so will let his contract run out to see if he can get himself over to the west coach so the stars he dates will be right down the road instead of across the country.

God I hope not. I hope the Packers sign him to a long-term extension (I used to think Hundley would be the successor and thought they might be able to trade Rodgers for a king's ransom and be fine at QB but I overestimated Hundley and underestimated Rodgers) and make him the highest paid player in the NFL and the King of Bolivia. Then in a year some middle-of-the-road wanna-be star QB will get signed to a bigger contract, but Rodgers will be dating Lindsey Vonn and won't even notice.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

If I'm Rodgers, I wait until Cousins signs his ridiculous deal so the bar is set.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    If I'm Rodgers, I wait until Cousins signs his ridiculous deal so the bar is set.
    I agree. Or Matt Ryan, if he gets an extension early as some think he will.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a tad early, he has 2 years left on his current deal. The team has other needs and not much cash this off-season. If I was running the team I think I'd wait till next year as Mathews & Nelson's deals are off the books and they may have an easier time fitting it in. Unless he has let me know he's willing to take less than market a la Brady and reduce the cap number going forward I am in the wait category

I think the longer they wait the more real the possibility becomes that they can't get a deal done. And the numbers are only going to go up.

Do it now.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

You do the QB 2 years out to avoid contract inflation AND possible controversy if there is a long standoff.

There is no great fan uprising if you are trying to squeeze the starting SS out of a half a million dollars 2 weeks into FA.

Let the QB discussions drag on that long and suddenly everyone wants to retire. Imagine doing his QB deal in the 2019 offseason after taking a QB in the second round of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a tad early, he has 2 years left on his current deal.
    he'll be even more expensive next off season...unless he has another throwing-shoulder collar bone, or an acl, etc, during the season. the more i think about it the more the 2 cle #1's don't seem so unthinkable. lol

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    he'll be even more expensive next off season...unless he has another throwing-shoulder collar bone, or an acl, etc, during the season. the more i think about it the more the 2 cle #1's don't seem so unthinkable. lol
    I need their 2nd round this year as well, which is like a first without the 5th yr option. Aaaaand I'm gonna need next years 1st and 2nd too. Is that too much to ask? Google Hadl if ya think so. Hahaha ��
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

It's right here:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...-new-contract/

Aaron Rodgers has incentive to keep waiting on a new contract

Comment Woodbuck27:

Doesn't this work for the Green Bay Packers as well?.

" You want the money Aaron; so show us you still deserve the money.Just how 'breakable' are you Aaron?"

The games have already begun.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Is your LINK working?

https://www.thescore.com/news/1485854

Thanks, Jimmy G! Predicting the next 4 big-money QB contracts

By Jack Browne 5d ago

Aaron Rodgers

" Prediction: 4-year, $124M contract; $31M yearly average; $87M in total guarantees "

COMMENT woodbuck27:

AND:

The Green Bay Packers better be ' head smart ' with that move ! That would be an 'ALL IN' commitment
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-18-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think the longer they wait the more real the possibility becomes that they can't get a deal done. And the numbers are only going to go up.

Do it now.
    That would work normally but for Aaron Rodgers and; 'is he really ready' after the last injury?

Aaron Rodgers and his upcoming Contract. Some Team is going to Pay Huge: