Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spot the Fallacies: PFT on Packer Free Agency

Spot the Fallacies: PFT on Packer Free Agency

Did you know Ron Wolf didn't sign anyone with name recognition outside of Reggie White?

In 25 years (1994) only four players that the public knew well were signed by either Wolf or Thompson?

Come watch PFT be dumb and list all the ways this article elides key facts to produce an idiotic narrative.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-agency-trend/

The part that few will appreciate is whatever the Packer approach is, it worked better than all other approaches except for 1 or 2 teams. So shut it Florio.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Did you know Ron Wolf didn't sign anyone with name recognition outside of Reggie White?

In 25 years (1994) only four players that the public knew well were signed by either Wolf or Thompson?

Come watch PFT be dumb and list all the ways this article elides key facts to produce an idiotic narrative.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-agency-trend/

The part that few will appreciate is whatever the Packer approach is, it worked better than all other approaches except for 1 or 2 teams. So shut it Florio.
    This NFL and Green Bay Packers News Story isn't any NEW story, as Packer Nation has been over the TOP considerably frustrated with Ted Thompson's hard line NO stance to FA.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    But that's because TT lucked into picking Rodgers, who single-handedly has kept the franchise afloat. Other than Rodgers, the Packers haven't had a true Pro bowl caliber player in the past ten years. All smoke and mirrors. Packers are just lucky they got a guy like Rodgers who could self-develop and run Stubby's worthless offense to perfection, based only his personal greatness.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

These both look like moves TT might have made.

The TE strategy seems to be in it's 3rd year now, almost as though it has been a committed effort to get a good receiving TE. The move seems to fall in line with that ongoing effort and not simply a move to sign a name. I'll be interested to see the numbers, but they've been willing to pay a little to try to get that guy lately.

Wilkerson signed what looks to be a very team-friendly contract and has experience playing for Pettine. He's a "name" because he had a few good years a while back. I have little doubt that TT would have made that deal also.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

If I am Santana Dotson, Ryan Pickett or Seth Joyner, I am writing Florio a strongly worded letter.

And what about former Pro Bowler Matt O'Dwyer?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    But that's because TT lucked into picking Rodgers, who single-handedly has kept the franchise afloat. Other than Rodgers, the Packers haven't had a true Pro bowl caliber player in the past ten years. All smoke and mirrors. Packers are just lucky they got a guy like Rodgers who could self-develop and run Stubby's worthless offense to perfection, based only his personal greatness.
    Obviously this is an attempt at sarcasm, but your post, the first line especially absolutely NAILS IT.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    What about Joe Johnson? What's that?...Oh, right, we're not supposed to mention that one. Carry on!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    If I am Santana Dotson, Ryan Pickett or Seth Joyner, I am writing Florio a strongly worded letter.

Eugene Robinson, Sean Jones, Andre Rison.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Obviously this is an attempt at sarcasm, but your post, the first line especially absolutely NAILS IT.
    you're just as deluded as the rest on this issue
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    These both look like moves TT might have made.
    exactly. So far, the off-season has been extremely conservative, personnel-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    What about Joe Johnson? What's that?...Oh, right, we're not supposed to mention that one. Carry on!
    This Joe (post Green Bay Packer Star DE):

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...J/JohnJo04.htm

2 SACKS as a Packer.

50.5 SACKS and Post Packer Career.

Opps !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Desmond Howard and yes give Ron Wolf a break. He was trying and acting like you might hope a GM should.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Good call on Rison. And what about Terry Glenn?

edit: Glenn was a trade

Terry Glenn was born injured

Jeff Saturday

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    The trade for Glenn was an excellent move by Sherman. Freeman and Schroeder had just left cold, dark and dull Green Bay. The best receiver on the Packers' roster at the time of the trade was guy named Donald Driver, and dude caught 13 rocks for 167 yards in 2001. Furthermore, drafting J-Walk was not a sure thing.

I wanted Sherman to keep Glenn in the Green and Gold for more than an injury-filled season. But Driver's emergence, along with J-Walk's upside, made Glenn expendable. In Dallas, Glenn had a couple of solid seasons.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

^^^ APB. He wasn't really injured so much. He just wanted out of GB.

Joe Johnson would like a word with you
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Russell Maryland
    Bruce Wilkerson
    Raleigh McKenzie
    even Harry Galbreath was well-known at the time.
    Don Beebe was considered a real good signing after a solid career in Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Joe Johnson would like a word with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Guess I was a little slow on that one...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...