Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jimmy Garoppolo deal extends buildup to Aaron Rodgers payday

"After weeks of building momentum for Kirk Cousins to sign with the Minnesota Vikings, the two sides have reportedly agreed to terms.

Cousins will reportedly make $28 million per season, according to WCCO, and NFL Network reported that it is a three-year, fully guaranteed deal."

So rumor is 84 Mil gauranteed. How does that affect Mr Rodgers and secondarily Matt Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    "After weeks of building momentum for Kirk Cousins to sign with the Minnesota Vikings, the two sides have reportedly agreed to terms.

Cousins will reportedly make $28 million per season, according to WCCO, and NFL Network reported that it is a three-year, fully guaranteed deal."

So rumor is 84 Mil gauranteed. How does that affect Mr Rodgers and secondarily Matt Ryan.
    Speculation he paved way for Rodgers to get full guarantee. https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...aaron-rodgers/

Let me play the part of red and say these numbers are often inflated by agents.

Full guaranteed news has, with other players, become "each dollar is covered by some guarantee", but its not all fully guaranteed at signing.

But we will find out.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Full guaranteed news has, with other players, become "each dollar is covered by some guarantee", but its not all fully guaranteed at signing.

But we will find out.
    100% true statement.

OK, so for how many years could the Redskins have secured Cousins for $28 mil per year if they did this two years ago?

Just a dumb strategy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

OK, so for how many years could the Redskins have secured Cousins for $28 mil per year if they did this two years ago?

Just a dumb strategy.
    It's been two and one half Decades since the Washington Redskins have demonstrated high intelligence.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

But we will find out.
    The words 'guaranteed' and 'today' should not be placed in the same sentence.

Not a lot can be totally guaranteed in terms of money today.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...ot-so-terrible

Envisioning AR's extension 2.0 - not so terrible?

By Thegreatreynoldo on Feb 26, 2018, 9:58 AM CST

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Kirk Cousins Deal Shows Why Free Agency Is the Stupid Season in the NFL

MIKE FREEMAN ...MARCH 13, 2018

" ... there are no guarantees, and it appears as though the price for gambling on the future is going up, no matter whether the player is truly worthy of the amount of money thrown his way.

Players like that do exist, and for someone like Aaron Rodgers, Tuesday was a good day when you think about what he'll command on his next deal.

Based on what's happening now, his contract will be worth at least a trillion dollars.

Maybe two. ..."
    Mike Freeman

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Just a dumb strategy.
    They weren't sure he was good enough. Especially compared to their last three decades of sublime QB play.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    They weren't sure he was good enough. Especially compared to their last three decades of sublime QB play.
    Right. And it does provide you with year over year flexibility.

And there was a recent article about how Cousins was unsure he wanted the Redskins for a long term deal.

But for slightly more than they paid for two years ($44 mil) they could have had an option for 1-3 more years at a number below his current deal. If you envision him as there for two years while you work out an improvement, just pay it.