View Poll Results: 3 year extension with new salaries in Top 10 of coaches. What does he need to do to earn it?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make 500

0 0%
  • Beat 500

1 4.00%
  • Winning record, but one and done playoff.

3 12.00%
  • Deep playoff run

18 72.00%
  • Super Bowl

3 12.00%

Thread: What Does McCarthy Have to Do Next Year to Get A Contract Extension?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What does this mean? Brooks was a turnover machine. McCarthy kept that harnessed for almost two seasons before it went truly ugly. Brooks was terrible and McCathy made the best of him.

McCarthy is a Top 10 coach, but his contract circumstances at 1265 don't seem to align with that view.
    I think I agree with the top 10 assessment. But ten years is a long time to be a head coach in the NFL today. Trends change quickly and regimes get stale fast. Even if MM is as good a play caller as there is in the league today, if people have become set in their ways then this might be the one instance in which change for change's sake is desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I think I agree with the top 10 assessment. But ten years is a long time to be a head coach in the NFL today. Trends change quickly and regimes get stale fast. Even if MM is as good a play caller as there is in the league today, if people have become set in their ways then this might be the one instance in which change for change's sake is desirable.
    I strongly doubt a return to form of the 2011 offense for this reason.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.