As always, it depends on the context. If they get into the playoffs despite horrific injuries and BabyMikey is seen as the man who held the team together and drove them into the playoffs, then he might get his extension despite another 10-6 one-and-done year. But if Rodgers and the big guns stay pretty healthy and they still end up with another per-usual, then BabyM's head will roll. And I hope Ted gives it a kick while it's rolling out the door.

I do think TT probably did not deliver quite enough talent due to some lean drafting years here and there, and perhaps he was a bit cautious about using other avenues for improvement. But I also think MM kept Capers around after it became clear that this team's defense was not improving, and it weren't just a lack of talent. Matthew Stafford said what many people were thinking - it weren't hard to figure out what defense was being employed, long before the snap.

I think Pettine's going to give this team a boost on defense this year, which to me will validate the criticism of Capers and of MM for keeping him so long. Sorry, Tex, it's my opinion. If that happens, it will mean Ted did hand over some talent, because unless GuttyKlump drafts three big defensive starters right away, this will essentially be the defense Ted drafted. And it will mean BabyMike is culpable for keeping Capers around too long.