View Poll Results: 3 year extension with new salaries in Top 10 of coaches. What does he need to do to earn it?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make 500

0 0%
  • Beat 500

1 4.00%
  • Winning record, but one and done playoff.

3 12.00%
  • Deep playoff run

18 72.00%
  • Super Bowl

3 12.00%

Thread: What Does McCarthy Have to Do Next Year to Get A Contract Extension?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I agree this seems to be the case. He's on a very hot seat.
    Not so sure the seat is red hot. The man was promoted in the offseason after all. Even if he's not perfect he's got a huge body of work with 12 under his belt and that continuity in Rodgers's last few years is worth a hell of a lot. What people are calling lame duck status might just be a labor dispute about how to extend him after a lousy year of piloting a super bowl favorite into the dirt.

My biggest complaint about MM will always be the comfort with which he'll hold on to poorly performing ideas, players, and staff. Although I have to admit sometimes its a strength as well. Sometimes it looks like stubbornness and other times it looks like loyalty. Either way it shouldn't take years of predictable defensive collapse to get him to go all red wedding on his staff. Time is limited in the NFL and failing fast is a virtue.

I also agree with others that the offense has been showing signs of rot even since 2014 when we had the top ranked offense that year. We started that season with a spell of playing Seattle, New York Jets, and Lions. Remember how bad they looked? That's when I can say the era of having an offense that pretty much automatically puts up 20 were gone. Of all changes we got this offseason maybe Philbin's return ends up being the most impactful.
    Last edited by 3irty1; 02-15-2018 at 04:47 AM.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.