View Poll Results: 3 year extension with new salaries in Top 10 of coaches. What does he need to do to earn it?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make 500

0 0%
  • Beat 500

1 4.00%
  • Winning record, but one and done playoff.

3 12.00%
  • Deep playoff run

18 72.00%
  • Super Bowl

3 12.00%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What Does McCarthy Have to Do Next Year to Get A Contract Extension?

What Does McCarthy Have to Do Next Year to Get A Contract Extension?

Assume for the purposes of this poll that neither the Packers nor McCarthy will want to do a one year extension again.

Packers won't want to tie BG or Murphy's hands to uncertainty after getting Rodgers to signed. McCarthy won't want the short end of the stick again.

So lets say a 3 year extension as with salary in Top 10 of coaches.

What does he need to do to earn it?
    Last edited by pbmax; 02-13-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Needs to get to the NFC Title Game or better. ARRH.

he probably just has to be his usual fat ass underachieving no imagination, can't adjust self

the time to get rid of him was a month ago when they gutted and restructured the entire organization, but they gave him more power

he's gonna get his players drafted this year, his gonna get the free agents he wants, we're gonna resign the players he wants. we also just signed all the coaches he wanted

if we were to let him go after next year,that sets us way back again. we'll have another whole new coaching staff, and players the new coach doesn't want

murphy took a big gamble by just doing things half assed this offseason. if we have another disappointing season that ends with fat fire being fired, then murphy needs to go too

we need to be winning super bowls with the best player in football, anything less is not good enough imo

that said, we aren't going to let him go if we make the playoffs. that seems to be more then acceptable for the organization and many fans

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    he probably just has to be his usual fat ass underachieving no imagination, can't adjust self

the time to get rid of him was a month ago when they gutted and restructured the entire organization, but they gave him more power

he's gonna get his players drafted this year, his gonna get the free agents he wants, we're gonna resign the players he wants. we also just signed all the coaches he wanted

if we were to let him go after next year,that sets us way back again. we'll have another whole new coaching staff, and players the new coach doesn't want

murphy took a big gamble by just doing things half assed this offseason. if we have another disappointing season that ends with fat fire being fired, then murphy needs to go too

we need to be winning super bowls with the best player in football, anything less is not good enough imo

that said, we aren't going to let him go if we make the playoffs. that seems to be more then acceptable for the organization and many fans

Vote!

You think if he goes 6-8 with Rodgers that he survives?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

You need another option on there. He needs to get deep in the playoffs with a backup QB. Because I don't have faith that Rodgers will go all season without getting hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    You need another option on there. He needs to get deep in the playoffs with a backup QB. Because I don't have faith that Rodgers will go all season without getting hurt.
    What wonderful backup do you suggest Gutey get? Foles? Keenum? This past season was the exception rather than the rule.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What wonderful backup do you suggest Gutey get? Foles? Keenum? This past season was the exception rather than the rule.
    Kap.

Johnny Football is also attempting a comeback.

Both are better qbs than The Hun.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    If anything short of winning the superbowl is reason to let the coach go, just let the coach go. The very best teams pay like 6:1 on superbowl futures at this point. The odds of winning a superbowl are long for everyone but the Packers have higher odds than most. Far more of this game than we tend to be comfortable with is just plain luck and not the kind you make for yourself.

I can imagine a losing record where MM deserves an extension and I can imagine winning in spite of him. My feeling is that our best odds of a SB in the Rodgers era is with MM at the wheel.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I need to see some initiative of change on his part offensively. Watching the playoffs this year, I kept telling my wife, the biggest difference I see with these teams is some kind of creativity on offense. We have none. That, or the plays that mccarthy probably thinks are creative are just stupid. Other offenses made sense also. You'd see plays made off of other plays, and actions based off of other actions. You rarely see that in our offense. You see crossing patterns, and guys using other guys in "picks" to get open. When we run it, we get flagged, which is also coaching. I'ver personally never been a fan of mccarthy, so I wouldn't care if he left.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    With AR, the WR Corp and the emergence of the RB Corp we should have NO PROBLEM winning 13 games and a deep run.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

He needs to show some imagination in play design and field a defensive that isn't a laughingstock. He should win 10 games easily if Rodgers is healthy. If we win 10 games with a joke of a defense and Rodgers making the entire offense work by extending plays instead of by system then he still needs to go.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I doubt McCarthy's job is in any jeopardy - short of having Aaron Rodgers the whole season and still bombing out, and that ain't gonna happen.

The problem was Ted Thompson, and thankfully, he's gone. Hopefully the new guy is not a clone of Ted. McCarthy, for better or worse, plays not to lose - which way more often than not results in not losing.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

The truth is, McCarthy is a below average coach through and through. If not for a couple of elite QBs, McCarthy would be in Canada today coaching the Redblacks of the CFL.

McCarthy's track record without Favre or Rodgers is abominable to the core of the earth. I mean, McCarthy turned Aaron Brooks into a turnover machine. Shot Alex Smith's confidence. Turned Brian Brohm into Rich Campbell, our Scott Campbell's lil bro. Oversaw Hundley's devolution from an inspiration into a carbon copy of Kizer.

And his Win-Loss record without Favre and Rodgers is an abomination.

If the Packers don't win the SB next season, I'd trade McCarthy to a bottom feeder. The Browns would certainly love to have the highly successful NFL coach.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I suggest a Backup QB that resembles a Backup QB not the 'not NFL capable waste of time Pretender' we had this past Season.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Vote!

You think if he goes 6-8 with Rodgers that he survives?
    I think if that happens then there is a solid chance he stays

People in the organization and fans will just come up with more excuses for him like they do every year

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    I need to see some initiative of change on his part offensively. Watching the playoffs this year, I kept telling my wife, the biggest difference I see with these teams is some kind of creativity on offense. We have none. That, or the plays that mccarthy probably thinks are creative are just stupid. Other offenses made sense also. You'd see plays made off of other plays, and actions based off of other actions. You rarely see that in our offense. You see crossing patterns, and guys using other guys in "picks" to get open. When we run it, we get flagged, which is also coaching. I'ver personally never been a fan of mccarthy, so I wouldn't care if he left.
    Yes yes and yes

Realistically if what we see and Packer President and CEO Mark Murphy and Packer HC Mike McCarthy is LOVE.

We're stuck with MM for a minimum two - three more Seasons and that can be translated to no Super Bowl.

Mike McCarthy should have been FIRED after the 2017 Season, but somehow he managed to wiggle his ass out of that fate with his too obvious to me sneaky ways.

Packer Nation deserved a lot more than another Season of Mike McCarthy BS !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    The truth is, McCarthy is a below average coach through and through. If not for a couple of elite QBs, McCarthy would be in Canada today coaching the Redblacks of the CFL.

McCarthy's track record without Favre or Rodgers is abominable to the core of the earth. I mean, McCarthy turned Aaron Brooks into a turnover machine. Shot Alex Smith's confidence. Turned Brian Brohm into Rich Campbell, our Scott Campbell's lil bro. Oversaw Hundley's devolution from an inspiration into a carbon copy of Kizer.

And his Win-Loss record without Favre and Rodgers is an abomination.

If the Packers don't win the SB next season, I'd trade McCarthy to a bottom feeder. The Browns would certainly love to have the highly successful NFL coach.
    We don't want such BULLSHIT as 'any Mike McCarthy' in Canada, as we have enough of that already and Politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I suggest a Backup QB that resembles a Backup QB not the 'not NFL capable waste of time Pretender' we had this past Season.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    We don't want such BULLSHIT as 'any Mike McCarthy' in Canada, as we have enough of that already and Politicians.
    lol