View Poll Results: 3 year extension with new salaries in Top 10 of coaches. What does he need to do to earn it?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make 500

0 0%
  • Beat 500

1 4.00%
  • Winning record, but one and done playoff.

3 12.00%
  • Deep playoff run

18 72.00%
  • Super Bowl

3 12.00%

Thread: What Does McCarthy Have to Do Next Year to Get A Contract Extension?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    We don't want such BULLSHIT as 'any Mike McCarthy' in Canada, as we have enough of that already and Politicians.
    lol
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Not defending McCarthy, but you don't move on without a succession plan and a solid chance of a good replacement. Better be prepared to roll the dice on the next head coach and take your chances. What percentages of new coaches fail?

This year was a disappointment, primarily because Hundley didn't live up to expectations and the front office went "all in" on his abilities.

We've been in the NFC championship game how many times in the last few years? Seems our defense has been the one to "drop the ball" - no pun intended - pretty much every year except 2010. Acknowledge that the buck stops with McCarthy.

I'm interested to see what a new DC, the return of Philbin, and a new GM - potentially with a new approach to team composition - can do with this roster. I'm open to seeing what McCarthy can do with these new pieces, primarily because I'm not convinced change for the sake of change is a good betting proposition.
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by falco View Post
    Not defending McCarthy, but you don't move on without a succession plan and a solid chance of a good replacement. Better be prepared to roll the dice on the next head coach and take your chances. What percentages of new coaches fail?

This year was a disappointment, primarily because Hundley didn't live up to expectations and the front office went "all in" on his abilities.

We've been in the NFC championship game how many times in the last few years? Seems our defense has been the one to "drop the ball" - no pun intended - pretty much every year except 2010. Acknowledge that the buck stops with McCarthy.

I'm interested to see what a new DC, the return of Philbin, and a new GM - potentially with a new approach to team composition - can do with this roster. I'm open to seeing what McCarthy can do with these new pieces, primarily because I'm not convinced change for the sake of change is a good betting proposition.
    The defense has shit the bed in playoff games, memorably in Atlanta. But they have also held up their end of the donkey several times only to be let down by the offense (Seattle, Arizona, San Fran in Lambeau).

I think Maxie is mostly right, the performance in the playoffs might be the determining factor, rather than the record that gets him there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.