Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Compensary Picks 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    A bunch of dumb fucking bullshit.
    It seems in your autism, you also managed to avoid wasting time watching any Packers games in the last few years.

Hyde is nothing special, but he would have been a boon to the defense in 2017. Now, if you want to talk benefit at a price point, then maybe you'd have half a leg to stand on. Or kneel on. Free country.

Blog Entries
    Sheezus Fanboy, that is one lame post. Not only don't you know how to evaluate players and their relative talent, you don't have a clue about football or how it is played.

Why don't you PM Bobble or ND, they may be able to help your dumb ass (but, I doubt it).

Just be honest and tell 'em your are a fool that keeps getting fooled. Add a "please help me" and see what happens.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    It seems in your autism, you also managed to avoid wasting time watching any Packers games in the last few years.

Hyde is nothing special, but he would have been a boon to the defense in 2017. Now, if you want to talk benefit at a price point, then maybe you'd have half a leg to stand on. Or kneel on. Free country.
    Yeah, Todd was so fucking cheap, he allowed this great slot corner to walk without even a goodbye. Mr. Hyde was so great a slot corner, the Bills moved him to safety.

Hyde played mostly the slot for the Packers, and he was awful at it. Made Rollins look like C-Wood. An abomination - for every big play Hyde made, he gave up 20. Simply put, Hyde sucked. The Packers lost Hayward b/c the coaches and Todd erroneously thought Hyde was a better corner than C-Hay.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Hyde was fine as a slot corner, but he was not going to shut anyone down in the Packer scheme. You need to be quick like Randall or an Octopus like King to do it.

Hyde was solid and reliable, two traits pretty rare during his roster stay. But if he could actually play safety at a Pro Bowl level, then Dix shouldn't be here or Burnett should have been traded/released.

Another case of round peg and only square holes available in the scheme if he is really that good.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Hyde was fine as a slot corner, but he was not going to shut anyone down in the Packer scheme. You need to be quick like Randall or an Octopus like King to do it.

Hyde was solid and reliable, two traits pretty rare during his roster stay. But if he could actually play safety at a Pro Bowl level, then Dix shouldn't be here or Burnett should have been traded/released.

Another case of round peg and only square holes available in the scheme if he is really that good.
    Hyde's not gonna shut down anyone in any scheme - not in the Packers's scheme, not in the Bills'. He's not a shutdown corner. He's a goddamn safety.

If "solid" means allowing 20 big plays for every big play a player makes, then I guess Mr. Hyde was a solid slot corner. But I'm pretty sure that's not the definition of solid. Solid might be D. Adams last season. Solid was never Hyde.

I, for one, am jolly Mr. Hyde's not donning the Green and Gold anymore.

Hyde's not gonna shut down anyone in any scheme - not in the Packers's scheme, not in the Bills'. He's not a shutdown corner. He's a goddamn safety.

If "solid" means allowing 20 big plays for every big play a player makes, then I guess Mr. Hyde was a solid slot corner. But I'm pretty sure that's not the definition of solid. Solid might be D. Adams last season. Solid was never Hyde.

I, for one, am jolly Mr. Hyde's not donning the Green and Gold anymore.
    He was assignment sure (solid) and he could tackle. He was a safety. Another example of "versatile" parts being played out of position on defense.

But he was also close to the best slot player they had over the course of his time here.

But even with his limitations and being out of position, he would have helped last year. Just too many injuries.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Mr. Hyde was an abomination. In fact, the only good deed Hyde committed in the Green and Gold was the time he saved Kap from the disgrace of throwing a game-ending pick-6 in the clutch in a playoff game by dropping that gimme pick-6 Kap threw right a him.
    Yep. But he didn't spare Dak Prescott the same embarrassment. In fact, if he hadn't made that pick perhaps the entire team would have been spared what Atlanta did to them.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Yep. But he didn't spare Dak Prescott the same embarrassment. In fact, if he hadn't made that pick perhaps the entire team would have been spared what Atlanta did to them.
    A sloth like Rollins could've/would've taken that pick to the house. Hyde was so fucking slow, he got caught from behind despite nothing but daylight ahead of him. Score and Pack go up 35-13; game over. Subsequently, Rodgers threw pick and Cowboys marched right back to score TD, deeming that pick irrelevant.

The next week, Matty Ice made Hyde his bitch.

Hyde was instinctive but not fast. Good punt returner, smart, but had some limitations. The way he played -- and was used by Capers -- here, he wasn't worth the $5-6M/yr he got from Buffalo IMO. There wasn't really anything to indicate he was better than Burnett or Ha-Ha at the start of the season. I'm happy for him that he got paid and has had success.

Hayward was hurt half his time here, but showed he could play in the slot and IIRC some zone. I thought not signing him was a good move at the time, but the injuries and depth at CB combined with his success make me wonder.

I also wonder about Capers' scheme and how players were used. Players having Pro Bowl success the year they move on is a better look for the personnel department than the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Hyde was instinctive but not fast. Good punt returner, smart, but had some limitations. The way he played -- and was used by Capers -- here, he wasn't worth the $5-6M/yr he got from Buffalo IMO. There wasn't really anything to indicate he was better than Burnett or Ha-Ha at the start of the season. I'm happy for him that he got paid and has had success.

Hayward was hurt half his time here, but showed he could play in the slot and IIRC some zone. I thought not signing him was a good move at the time, but the injuries and depth at CB combined with his success make me wonder.

I also wonder about Capers' scheme and how players were used. Players having Pro Bowl success the year they move on is a better look for the personnel department than the coaches.
    Maybe Hyde was "solid" on special teams, but defensively, he was a liability. Couldn't cover anyone. His tackling was not as good as some believe. Pretty sure McGinn, in his awesome post game grading, called out Hyde a tons for his missed tackles, as well as his abominable coverage.

Hayward might still be in Green Bay today had Todd trade the Packers' 2015 1st rounder, plus Lindsey or Tretter, to the Aints for Jimmy Graham. SD signed Hayward for $4 M/yr - that's a bargain for a player of Hayward's kung fu.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    OTC missed the 3rd/4th round cutoff and it hurt his projections for the Packers and Lang.

They get 1 fourth (33rd-133), 2 fifths (35-172, 37-174) and a sixth (33-207).

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...c-2f66b83132c6
    Thanks.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau