Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Compensary Picks 2018

Compensary Picks 2018

Any Ideas on what the Packers may get and when does the NFL release these

I've seen a 3rd/5th/7th & 3rd/(4) 5ths

what say the rat brains?

Comp picks are announced at the end of February. https://overthecap.com/draft/ has the Packers with 1 3rd (Lang) and 3 5ths (Tretter, Hyde, Cook). Bennett doers not count against the formula because he was released. They would have a 6th for Lacy, but there is a maximum of 4 picks for a single team.

The Packers rarely get a third, and Lang got hurt toward the end of the season, so I'm guessing the Packers get screwed as always: a fourth, two fifths, and a sixth.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The Packers rarely get a third, and Lang got hurt toward the end of the season, so I'm guessing the Packers get screwed as always: a fourth, two fifths, and a sixth.
    He signed a huge contract. And he made the Pro Bowl. That alone is probably enough to get a 3rd.

I think it has everything to do with the contract and nothing for how they played or anything else

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I think it has everything to do with the contract and nothing for how they played or anything else
    https://overthecap.com/the-basics-an...y-draft-picks/

As the NFL explains, compensatory picks are awarded to teams that lose more or better compensatory free agents than they acquire. The number of picks a team can receive equals the net loss of compensatory free agents, up to a maximum of four. Compensatory free agents are determined by a secret formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. Not every free agent lost or signed is covered by the formula.

Although the formula has never been revealed, by studying the compensatory picks that have been awarded since they began in 1994, I’ve determined that the primary factor in the value of the picks awarded is the average annual value of the contract the player signed with his new team, with an adjustment for playing time and a smaller adjustment for postseason honors.

I can't remember how many games Lang missed, but I believe the Lions signed another former Packer to fill in. Maybe Donnie Barclay.

According to the formula as suggested above, the amount of time Lang missed may allow the league to screw the Packers again. But I hope not. An end-of-third-round pick would be sweet. See what GuttyKlump can do with that.

Can they trade the compensatory picks now? I thought I read last year that this was going to be allowed.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I can't remember how many games Lang missed, but I believe the Lions signed another former Packer to fill in. Maybe Donnie Barclay.

According to the formula as suggested above, the amount of time Lang missed may allow the league to screw the Packers again. But I hope not. An end-of-third-round pick would be sweet. See what GuttyKlump can do with that.

Can they trade the compensatory picks now? I thought I read last year that this was going to be allowed.
    Lang started 13 games. I think that's enough to keep it a 3rd round pick. Yes, you can trade comp picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Comp picks are announced at the end of February. https://overthecap.com/draft/ has the Packers with 1 3rd (Lang) and 3 5ths (Tretter, Hyde, Cook). Bennett doers not count against the formula because he was released. They would have a 6th for Lacy, but there is a maximum of 4 picks for a single team.
    Makes perfect sense that we lose a guy who makes the pro bowl and get a 5th. I know they say its based on contract, but other years we lose a big contract guy who has a crappy year and end up with a 4th.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Comment: When are we expecting this decision to be made?

https://lombardiave.com/2018/01/15/p...018-nfl-draft/

Packers could land four compensatory picks in 2018 NFL Draft

By: Freddie Boston ... 1 month ago
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Projected compensatory picks:

It's looking like Four -- 1 Round 3 and 1 Round 5 and 2 picks in Round 7

FA losses: Jared Cook (Raiders), Micah Hyde (Bills), Eddie Lacy (Seahawks), T.J. Lang (Lions), JC Tretter (Browns)

FA additions: Martellus Bennett, Jahri Evans

The loss of Micah Hyde was cancelled by the addition of Martellus Bennett.

The losses of Lang and Tretter hopefully will bring 3rd- and 5th Rd. Picks.

Jared Cook and Eddie Lacy will bring either sixth- or seventh-round picks. That's dependent upon snap count.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-18-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Bennett doesn't count because he didn't remain on the roster long enough.

OTC missed the 3rd/4th round cutoff and it hurt his projections for the Packers and Lang.

They get 1 fourth (33rd-133), 2 fifths (35-172, 37-174) and a sixth (33-207).

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...c-2f66b83132c6
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

From Schefty:

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    OTC missed the 3rd/4th round cutoff and it hurt his projections for the Packers and Lang.

They get 1 fourth (33rd-133), 2 fifths (35-172, 37-174) and a sixth (33-207).

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...c-2f66b83132c6
    Packers got a good a haul as anyone. They got 4 picks, including the top comp pick in the 4th round. The Bengals are the only team with a 3rd round comp to also receive 4 picks, but they also got two 7th round picks.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Yep. Only Cardinals could be arguable better. Took one big loss (Hyde) though.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Big loss? Mr Hyde? The Packer D was actually better last season without Mr Hyde than in 2016 with Mr Hyde.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Big loss? Mr Hyde? The Packer D was actually better last season without Mr Hyde than in 2016 with Mr Hyde.
    And since that was the ONLY change in the defense it must be the reason. Oh, and Hyde made the pro bowl. I know we don't need any pro bowl DBs.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    And since that was the ONLY change in the defense it must be the reason. Oh, and Hyde made the pro bowl. I know we don't need any pro bowl DBs.
    I don't waste time watching Bills games, so I don't know what Mr. Hyde did in Buffalo that earned him a Pro Bowl birth in the popularity contest, but this much is universal truth: Mr. Hyde did not play at the so-called Pro Bowl level as a Packer.

Mr. Hyde was an abomination. In fact, the only good deed Hyde committed in the Green and Gold was the time he saved Kap from the disgrace of throwing a game-ending pick-6 in the clutch in a playoff game by dropping that gimme pick-6 Kap threw right a him.

Mr. Hyde was slower than a sloth. Covered poorer than Martinez did last season (and Martinez is a fucking LB who can't cover worth a lick). Opposing offenses threw to whomever Hyde was covering when they needed a 1st down. Threw to whomever Hyde was covering when they needed a touchdown. Successfully. An abomination, indeed.

I'm not a big fan of the Polar Bear, but his decision to let Mr. Hyde walk ranks right up there, excellency-wise, with his decision to draft some cocky QB from Butte Community College with Sherman's 24th overall pick.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

They could have used Hyde this year, even if he didn't start at his natural safety position.

They put less talented safeties in the games near the end of the season because of CB injuries. Hyde could play the slot CB better than anyone but Randall.