Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Josh Sitton

Josh Sitton

Josh Sitton released by the Bears. Any interest, or too many hurt feelings after his release prior to the season opener in 2016? Too old? Or is he a suitable one-year stopgap like Jahri Evans?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...on-josh-sitton
    "What's one more torpedo in a sinking ship?"
    Lynn Dickey, 1984

"Never apologize, mister. It's a sign of weakness."
    John Wayne, "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"

Quote Originally Posted by K-town View Post
    Josh Sitton released by the Bears. Any interest, or too many hurt feelings after his release prior to the season opener in 2016? Too old? Or is he a suitable one-year stopgap like Jahri Evans?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...on-josh-sitton
    If they sign Sitton, he'll miss at least ten games or so. Some young buck will step in and show promise. So what's the point?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

You have to wonder why the Bears are letting him walk like TT did...

Pass.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Aging OL with a history of back issues. Sounds like a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Sign him cheap. He's undoubtedly better than the back ups we have.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Still amazed at how fans are always ready to get players on the cheap.

Part of the Brady/New England contretemps was over his last below market deal. Hoody promised to get him better receivers but it still took him a couple of years to deliver Brandin Cooks.

Let the player beware.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

When I say sign Sitton cheap, it's with the idea that if he is worthless, he could just be cut. There's probably a better than even chance, though, that he still has enough that he is better than at least some of the O Linemen currently on the roster. What's the harm in that?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Funny how everybody bitches about not bringing in vets to bolster the roster, but every time one is brought up, most poo poo the idea.....

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    Funny how everybody bitches about not bringing in vets to bolster the roster, but every time one is brought up, most poo poo the idea.....
    We want a Reggie White-type signing. Is that too much too ask?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    When I say sign Sitton cheap, it's with the idea that if he is worthless, he could just be cut. There's probably a better than even chance, though, that he still has enough that he is better than at least some of the O Linemen currently on the roster. What's the harm in that?
    a) he will get the veterans minimum and I believe it will be guaranteed at this point in his career.

b) he takes reps from a younger player that will be better than him by next season.

c) some team will pay him more than that if he isn't completely worthless.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    Not everyone.

#StillWithTed
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The way GB burns through O-lineman, hell yes bring him in on the cheap.

Why wouldn't you kick the tires? That's the belicheckian way of doing things.

TT is gone, this is a no brainer IMO. What's the alternative? Roll with an even older player considering retirement? What's the harm? There's basically no downside to this, and you never know, he may have some gas left in the tank.

Not only is Sitton a no go, I'm not sure that Bulaga won't be shown the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Not only is Sitton a no go, I'm not sure that Bulaga won't be shown the door.

Cutting Bulaga shouldn't even be a second thought, he's dead weight.

I would be very surprised if he came back. They let him go because he turned into a locker room cancer when he learned wasn't a re-sign priority for them...why would they want him back? He'll find work on another team's roster as a swing backup or compete for a starting job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Cutting Bulaga shouldn't even be a second thought, he's dead weight.
    He may be dead weight IYO but he's the best tackle we have right now other than Bak.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    He may be dead weight IYO but he's the best tackle we have right now other than Bak.

He's a beast, for the 43 plays he will be healthy.

This is where bad high draft picks can really hurt you. Releasing Bulaga would make a lot of sense if Spriggs looked ready to start. As it is, Bulaga is still the team's best RT.