Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Ready For Muhammad Wilkerson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Get Ready For Muhammad Wilkerson

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Despite announcing it last week, the #Jets haven’t officially released DE Muhammad Wilkerson yet. That should happen today... and I’m told his first free agent visit is likely to be with the #Packers. New defensive coordinator Mike Pettine could help rejuvenate his career.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    Two notes: 1. Pettine coached Wilkerson in 2011 & ‘12 and helped groom him into a Pro Bowler. 2. Because he’s cut, it won’t affect the #Packers compensatory pick formula
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This just feels so much like Sean Gilbert. All the talent, five cent head. Coaches convinced they can get him to fly right.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This just feels so much like Sean Gilbert. All the talent, five cent head. Coaches convinced they can get him to fly right.
    Or Santana Dotson. Once promising career had unraveled but was revived in Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Or Santana Dotson. Once promising career had unraveled but was revived in Green Bay.

He was a casualty of a coaching change, wasn't he? Dungy and Kiffin reworked the defense and Dotson was not going to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He was a casualty of a coaching change, wasn't he? Dungy and Kiffin reworked the defense and Dotson was not going to fit.
    You may be right. I never understood why his career seemed to go downhill there after such a good start.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Fly him in and don't let him leave town without a contract.

Imagine Wilk, Clark and Daniels wreaking havoc, man, that's getting me excited.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    We'll take all the help we can get on defense. Or offense. Or shoveling snow from the stadium.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I don’t know, if we’re finally gonna spend, is that the position to spend on?

I thought d line was probably the one position where we were good at this off-season

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

I thought d line was probably the one position where we were good at this off-season
    He was twice a double-digit sack guy though. If Pettine could get him back to that, he would bring a dimension the Packers don't have on the DL.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    NFL transaction wire shows the #Jets have officially released DE Muhammad Wilkerson. That means discussions can begin between teams and Wilkerson's agent. Expect the #Packers to throw their hat in the ring right away.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
    #Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine lobbied hard for Wilkerson during the pre-draft process in 2011. #Jets wound up taking him with their first-round pick.

Oh good. Coaches lobbying for players in the draft. That always goes well #TorranceMarshall

I thought the same thing but Pettine might plan to play a 3-4 hybrid that more often features 3 down lineman than Capers favored. So you will see some 3 man lines with Clark at nose, Daniels at 3 tech or end, Lowry or Wilkerson at 5 tech end and then one OLB/Elephant. Runs downs that EDGE would be Perry, pass downs all bets are off. Matthews will be all over the place.

Your correct and Mike McCarthy FIRED the DL Coach !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Pass rush makes a secondary instantly better
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    This. Ima gonna drink some Kool-Aid and say Pettine will get him to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    and we play a 3-4 where almost none of the pass rush comes from the fat guys up front

and we play a 3-4 where almost none of the pass rush comes from the fat guys up front
    Packers are not going to be strictly a 3-4 under Pettine.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...-mike-pettine/

Under Pettine and coach Rex Ryan, the Jets used the long-limbed and powerful Wilkerson all over the defensive front. He could play several different positions in the base defense and also line up inside on passing downs to rush the quarterback. Pettine was even comfortable using him on the edge in certain situations.
    Wilkerson fits in perfectly with Pettine's multiple-front scheme. Keep in mind also that one reason why the DL was the defense's best unit last year was that they were the healthiest. Daniels, Clark and Lowry only missed 3 games between the 3 of them. They might not be so fortunate this year. Depth on the line is a good thing.

Big MW got 12 sacks from the 3-4, so if we got THAT version he would be a huge boost.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

His production tanked after a big contract, and he was suspended for missing a meeting. Serious red flags that make him look like fat Albert. Maybe there were other factors, but the Packers better make sure, if they are thinking of giving him a significant contract.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    His production tanked after a big contract, and he was suspended for missing a meeting. Serious red flags that make him look like fat Albert. Maybe there were other factors, but the Packers better make sure, if they are thinking of giving him a significant contract.
    It would need to be a contract he has to earn i.e. a contract without a ton of guaranteed money.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    He just wanted out of there, can you blame the guy?
    #ButtFumbleFranchise

I think he puts out when he gets here. Take that however you like.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!