Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Ready For Muhammad Wilkerson

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I don’t know, if we’re finally gonna spend, is that the position to spend on?

I thought d line was probably the one position where we were good at this off-season
    Your correct and Mike McCarthy FIRED the DL Coach !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I don’t know, if we’re finally gonna spend, is that the position to spend on?

I thought d line was probably the one position where we were good at this off-season
    Pass rush makes a secondary instantly better
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I remember REALLY wanting the Packers to get Wilkerson in 2011. Jets took him with the 30th pick. Packers took Sherrod with the 32nd pick.
    All the more reason to clamor for this signing, cost be damned!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    This. Ima gonna drink some Kool-Aid and say Pettine will get him to produce.

Silverstein
    Free agent DE Muhammad Wilkerson will be visiting the #Packers Wednesday, according to a source. He has other visits set up as well, but chose Green Bay first.

Packer Report says he doesn’t get the need here versus other positions. I agree if we play same lineup. MW doesn’t seem like instant pass rush upgrade. But he fits if you want a DE to play a lot of snaps in a 3 man line ahead of Lowry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    and we play a 3-4 where almost none of the pass rush comes from the fat guys up front

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Silverstein
    Free agent DE Muhammad Wilkerson will be visiting the #Packers Wednesday, according to a source. He has other visits set up as well, but chose Green Bay first.

Packer Report says he doesn’t get the need here versus other positions. I agree if we play same lineup. MW doesn’t seem like instant pass rush upgrade. But he fits if you want a DE to play a lot of snaps in a 3 man line ahead of Lowry.
    well, what was wrong with lowry last season? i thought he looked good

well, what was wrong with lowry last season? i thought he looked good
    That is a very good question. You could make a case that with those two DEs we are going to see some big guy, actual down lineman 4-3.

But harder to be multiple without Perry and Matthews up front.

and we play a 3-4 where almost none of the pass rush comes from the fat guys up front
    Packers are not going to be strictly a 3-4 under Pettine.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...-mike-pettine/

Under Pettine and coach Rex Ryan, the Jets used the long-limbed and powerful Wilkerson all over the defensive front. He could play several different positions in the base defense and also line up inside on passing downs to rush the quarterback. Pettine was even comfortable using him on the edge in certain situations.
    Wilkerson fits in perfectly with Pettine's multiple-front scheme. Keep in mind also that one reason why the DL was the defense's best unit last year was that they were the healthiest. Daniels, Clark and Lowry only missed 3 games between the 3 of them. They might not be so fortunate this year. Depth on the line is a good thing.

If you can get a motivated, special player on the cheap, you do it, and figure out the scheme stuff later. Packers had a lot of success with three fat boys on the line in 2010. I would have no problem with that at all. Play the best 11 guys and let the positions work themselves out.

That said, I guess I don't see a true gamer changer there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    If you can get a motivated, special player on the cheap, you do it, and figure out the scheme stuff later. Packers had a lot of success with three fat boys on the line in 2010. I would have no problem with that at all. Play the best 11 guys and let the positions work themselves out.

That said, I guess I don't see a true gamer changer there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Maybe not a game changer. But Wilkerson , Daniels and Clark would be a hell of a trio. A top defensive line gives the players playing behind them a better chance to be game changers.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 03-06-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    Maybe not a game changer. But Wilkerson , Daniels and Clark would be a hell of a trio. A top defensive line gives the players playing behind them a better chance to be game changers.

Add an elite pass rusher or ILB in round one and the defense would be on its way !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Add an elite pass rusher or ILB in round one and the defense would be on its way !!
    I totally agree with Joe, and I think that's exactly what they're going to do. Surely one of either the dude from UTSA, the white guy from Boise, or Landry will be available when they pick in the draft - I hope anyway. I think they'll sign Wilkerson and extend Jordy a year, while lowering his cap number big time for this year and next. He'll get a full guarantee, a golden parachute for if he doesn't make the team next year aka a way to spread out the cap hit. Jordy's a good community guy and Packer person, they'll do right by him.

Big MW got 12 sacks from the 3-4, so if we got THAT version he would be a huge boost.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Agreed. If the 5 OL can barely handle the 3 down linemen then your LB get to match up on TE and RB. That leads to pressure making House look like a player.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

http://packerstalk.com/2018/03/07/is...r-the-packers/

I think its important to keep in mind that he was benched for part of the December 3 game against the Kansas City Chiefs because he was late to the team meeting the day before. You know, that last run through before an actual game? Kind of important as you install your defense and discuss specifics. I’d be more magnanimous about the whole incident, but it appears to not be an isolated event. He was benched all together and did not travel with the Jets to the game against the Saints a few weeks later for the exact same reason.

And if you look further back in his career, you start to see a pattern emerge. It was one of many episodes of tardiness or absence during meetings. Per reporter Connor Hughes, there were five instances last season where Wilkerson was late or didn’t bother to show up.

But this tardiness isn’t something new. This is a pattern that dates back to 2015. He’s been benched for a quarter in 2015 and 2016 for not {sic} tardiness to meetings.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Same article:

And is he still the Muhammad Wilkerson that is capable of pulling down double digit sacks in a season? Has that Mo existed since he broke his leg in the season finale in 2016 as well as nursed shoulder and toe injuries since that time? Or is that Wilkerson come and gone and all the Packers will get is a worn out version of that former beast?

Free agency is a gas!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Same article:

And is he still the Muhammad Wilkerson that is capable of pulling down double digit sacks in a season? Has that Mo existed since he broke his leg in the season finale in 2016 as well as nursed shoulder and toe injuries since that time? Or is that Wilkerson come and gone and all the Packers will get is a worn out version of that former beast?

Free agency is a gas!
    Does anyone know when he'll be in Green Bay for that visit?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

https://elitesportsny.com/2018/03/06...defensive-end/

" Muhammad Wilkerson was a player the Jets counted on to be that difference maker. Drafted out of Temple in 2011, Wilkerson was good enough to warrant a big contract in the 2016 offseason. However, consistency and off the field issues led to his recent release. "

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...W/WilkMu00.htm

Muhammad Wilkerson NFL Statistics.