Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Randall for Kizer

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    We need ed 2 starting cbs with Randall

Just because he was our beast cb at the end of the season, doesn’t mean he was any good

We were terrible against the pass last year, and he was a big reason for it
    There's no way this team is better with Kizer then they are Randall. Packers aren't in win-now mode but they are a lot closer to that then rebuild mode. If Kizer is playing significant minutes the season is shot. We just lost our best CB from last year. We could have kept Randall, signed a DB and drafted another and had him as the 3rd or at worst 4th best CB.
    Go PACK

You guys, lol...

Your love for Randall will never die!! You'll never, ever admit he sucked putrid lemons or that he was a terrible pick.

We just gave him away for next to nothing, and that was a damn good deal for us - yet, Randall is still beloved by the PR homers.

You guys are sumthin
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    You guys, lol...

Your love for Randall will never die!! You'll never, ever admit he sucked putrid lemons or that he was a terrible pick.

We just gave him away for next to nothing, and that was a damn good deal for us - yet, Randall is still beloved by the PR homers.

You guys are sumthin
    But but, he got ints?

Yep, and pretty much ever play that wasn’t an int he was either out of position, falling down, or watching his guy make a huge play.

The ints were good, the other 98% of the plays were pathetic

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl...s-randall/9463

PFF ranked him as the 81st best cb.... average. I'll take average from my 3rd or 4th best cb given the alternatives, but I'm sure they're just homers as well...
    Go PACK

Blog Entries
    Anybody reasonable would take Randall as a Number 3 CB, which is where he belongs

But is anybody excited about what we got for Randall ?

If you want to unload him, why not just get a 3rd and stop dicking around with a backup QB who isn't accurate and draft swaps
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Anybody reasonable would take Randall as a Number 3 CB, which is where he belongs

But is anybody excited about what we got for Randall ?

If you want to unload him, why not just get a 3rd and stop dicking around with a backup QB who isn't accurate and draft swaps
    The best you would get for Randall is a 5th or 6th. They also would have had to pick up his option for next year at $8.6M. There was more to this trade besides attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl...s-randall/9463

PFF ranked him as the 81st best cb.... average. I'll take average from my 3rd or 4th best cb given the alternatives, but I'm sure they're just homers as well...
    If nickel is the new base D, then 81st best CB is in the 3rd starter tier (96 total CBs need to start)
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    A bad trade. Randall is no shutdown corner and he’s the mother of inconsistency, but the Packers got rid of their best corner for a carbon copy of Hundley.

If you’re gonna trade for a Brownie, trade for Flash.
    The best possible endorsement of Kizer.

This goof wanted Tebow, Joey Harrington, Johnny Manziel and other stiffs.

If the worst judge of QB's thinks Kizer is no good, he must have great value.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If nickel is the new base D, then 81st best CB is in the 3rd starter tier (96 total CBs need to start)
    and he would be in the bottom 50% of that group

and he would be in the bottom 50% of that group
    If you trust those numbers and he did play better as the year went along.

The problem still is trading a starter for a backup.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't think nickel is the new base... it was Capers base, morning, noon, night, and in the afterlife; but, not for the rest of the NFL I don't think.

The Packers percentage of nickel compared to the rest of the league was way, way out of wack - at least it was a couple of years ago, don't know what the numbers were last year. Of course it got so bad that MM had to step in and force dunderdummy to play the Elephant as his base... which lasted about 3 seconds - as long as it took for him to get his vaunted 2-4 back on the field!!!

Thank God - did I say - THANK GOD - that assfuck is out of town. I've been losing sleep wondering where to direct my rage now that that shithead is gone, lol...
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I don't think nickel is the new base... it was Capers base, morning, noon, night, and in the afterlife; but, not for the rest of the NFL I don't think.

The Packers percentage of nickel compared to the rest of the league was way, way out of wack - at least it was a couple of years ago, don't know what the numbers were last year. Of course it got so bad that MM had to step in and force dunderdummy to play the Elephant as his base... which lasted about 3 seconds - as long as it took for him to get his vaunted 2-4 back on the field!!!
    You are not even close on this one. In 2011? Sure. Not even close the last few years.

You are not even close on this one. In 2011? Sure. Not even close the last few years.
    Well, like I said I don't know what the percentages the last couple of years were... but, "not even close"?? Get real max... Capers default sleeping position was the 2-4. You can't deny that.

He's been ridden out of town on a rail, and you're still defending the guy, lol... Gonna start calling you Dom Max

Wait a minute - you're not actually Dom Capers are you??
    wist

My hair is all my own.

2013: https://www.sbnation.com/2014/3/13/5...rs-nickel-dime

According to Pro Football Focus' game-tracking data, there were 34,661 total snaps during the 2013 season. On 45 percent of those snaps (15,697 times), teams utilized a nickel defensive personnel package, i.e. five defensive backs on the field. It's a departure from the long-standing paradigm that featured two cornerbacks and two safeties. A further 12 percent of snaps (4,034) featured a dime package, or personnel groupings with six defensive backs.

CBS has a quote from MMQB with a slightly different number, but trend is the same.

Here's the thing, though: no matter which set your favorite team plays out of, you're picturing the wrong thing. That's because the nickel defense has taken over the NFL. Here, via Peter King at The MMQB, is the evidence.
    The 2015 season was the seventh straight year for an increase in the number of defensive snaps in the NFL with five defensive back or more on the field. Per Pro Football Focus here is the percentage of plays in NFL games with five DBs or more on the field in every season since 2008:
    2008: 43.4%
    2009: 45.1%
    2010: 48.8%
    2011: 52.5%
    2012: 54.4%
    2013: 58.3%
    2014: 60.3%
    2015: 63.4%
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...550#post967550

Mike Pettine after being hired by Packers:

“The 3-4/4-3 debate I think has really fallen by the wayside in recent year. Ten years ago you played base defense 700 snaps a year, and the three wide receiver set was really limited to two-minute. In recent years, that’s really flipped… Even though we call it base, it really isn’t base any more.”

According to the Football Outsiders Almanac, NFL teams ran nickel on 51 percent of defensive snaps in 2015, while six-or-more-defensive-back looks accounted for another 14 percent. Teams ran their “base” defense on just 33 percent of their snaps last year, and that number — which was 48 percent just four seasons prior — is likely to continue to shrink.

https://www.theringer.com/2016/8/26/...l-19c06f985480
    Go PACK

All lies and here say. You need to be able to run in December and you play base defense 75% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

CBS has a quote from MMQB with a slightly different number, but trend is the same.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...550#post967550
    OK ....so the Packers need to draft speed guys now.

DB's and WR's. Speed not the plodders that Ted Thompson supplied.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

But but, he got ints?

Yep, and pretty much ever play that wasn’t an int he was either out of position, falling down, or watching his guy make a huge play.

The ints were good, the other 98% of the plays were pathetic
    Did he ever get it that to defend a pass:

You needed to sometimes turn your head around while covering his man to locate the fricken ball? That rather than flapping his hands and arms like a wounded duck.

Damarious Randall was, and let's give him the benefit of the doubt here; either thick headed or horribly coached.

In ice hockey you can be the best Guy and putting the puck in the net; but if you skate with your head down and looking at the puck all the time ! Your going to get knocked out. Your going to get concussed.

Before that your Coaches will agree to give you 'the Mercy Rule' and cut your ass.

Damarious Randall needed to be coached to locate the ball, and if he failed to do so; get benched until he did. Obviously that common sense approach wasn't anything associated with playing CB and coaching in Green Bay.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau