Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Randall for Kizer

Instead of saying 3-4, or 4-3, or nickel being base... I think the way to look at it is that "situational" is "base". Josh Jones is a hybrid guy; Jones in Atlanta; etc...

Smallish LB's, big safeties, odd fronts... I don't think there is a real base anymore - except for Capers, who a couple of years ago ran that nauseating 2-4 that max loved so much a sickeningly ineffective 80% of the time.

Max, let it go... your heroes (dunderdummy and Randall) have finally been booted out of Green Bay...

And the peasants rejoiced...
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Instead of saying 3-4, or 4-3, or nickel being base... I think the way to look at it is that "situational" is "base". Josh Jones is a hybrid guy; Jones in Atlanta; etc...

Smallish LB's, big safeties, odd fronts... I don't think there is a real base anymore - except for Capers, who a couple of years ago ran that nauseating 2-4 that max loved so much a sickeningly ineffective 80% of the time.

Max, let it go... your heroes (dunderdummy and Randall) have finally been booted out of Green Bay...

DITTO Big Time DITTO !

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Isnt that what people have been trying to convince you of for years while you lamented capers not playing more 3-4?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Isnt that what people have been trying to convince you of for years while you lamented capers not playing more 3-4?
    It's situational... my complaint in running situations, was that Capers would still field his 2-4, and we'd get run over.

Beyond that, Capers misused the players he had. Given our roster, he should have been playing a 3-3. And don't get me started on abandoning the middle of the field altogether.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo glad he's gone!!!!
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It's situational... my complaint in running situations, was that Capers would still field his 2-4, and we'd get run over.

Beyond that, Capers misused the players he had. Given our roster, he should have been playing a 3-3. And don't get me started on abandoning the middle of the field altogether.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo glad he's gone!!!!
    Aren't you tired of this yet? When (specifically) Perry was out there, the 3-3 and 2-4 were interchangeable, depending on down and distance.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Aren't you tired of this yet? When (specifically) Perry was out there, the 3-3 and 2-4 were interchangeable, depending on down and distance.
    Oy vey, lol...

Well, thankfully it's in our rearview mirror now... you guys lost your hero in Capers. He was fired b/c he sucked, and your years of defending him won't bring him back.
    wist

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    In defense of Capers, the "Psycho" was awesome.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Anybody reasonable would take Randall as a Number 3 CB, which is where he belongs

But is anybody excited about what we got for Randall ?

If you want to unload him, why not just get a 3rd and stop dicking around with a backup QB who isn't accurate and draft swaps
    +1
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Oy vey, lol...

Well, thankfully it's in our rearview mirror now... you guys lost your hero in Capers. He was fired b/c he sucked, and your years of defending him won't bring him back.
    bad take. Incorrect, and doesn't address the point.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck