Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
I would argue that no matter what his contract is, it will effectively be guaranteed since he isn't getting cut period in the next 3-4 years. Even if he stunk it up for two years straight, it would be tough to justify it, ya know? It would take a crazy Bridgewater type of injury, and even then they have insurance for that so it's not like the org is on the hook for the money.

That's what's kind of silly to me about all the "fully guaranteed" contract talk. It makes way more sense and is a bigger deal to Cousins then say Luck, Rodgers or Brady because they're not getting cut anyway.
A majority of the supposed guarantees you see advertised in contracts these days are susceptible to a guy getting cut. Its the downside of the famous "injury guarantee". Many of the bonuses are susceptible to injury (hard to get game day bonuses if you are on IR, good luck with Luck cashing in on Pro Bowl or MVP money).

If Luck is let go next year because his shoulder is shot, he will lose a substantial portion of his "guarantees" and "bonuses".

The only thing guaranteed is up front money. Teams would prefer not to pay it that way. Its really all you need to know.