GBPG: https://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...cks/552404002/

AGE: 21 HT: 5-10 1/4 WT: 196 40-yard dash: 4.38 HOMETOWN: Charlotte, N.C.

LOWDOWN: An instinctive corner with the ability to anticipate routes and the quickness to close on throws and make plays on the ball. His 2017 tape was uneven due to issues with a sprained knee, which could raise concerns over his durability because of his slender build. He played in only six games, starting five. Finished with 19 tackles and one interception. Had seven career interceptions in three seasons along with 15 pass breakups. Had 58 solo tackles and 19 assists. When healthy, he has the potential to become a second cornerback, but teams may view him as a full-time nickel corner who’s able to avoid the rigors of excessive run support. “I probably played 70 percent snaps at corner and 30 percent at nickel,” Alexander said. “I feel like I can play anywhere on the field. I look forward to doing both.” Ran the 40-yard dash in 4.38 seconds at the combine. Had a 35-inch vertical and got 14 reps on the bench press. Also could add value returning punts. “He is going to be a guy who is really going to help us on the field,” said Jon-Eric Sullivan, the Packers’ director of college scouting. “We think he’s versatile. He can run. He’s a 4.3 guy. He’s got really good twitch and lateral agility. We think he can play inside. He is competitive and can tackle you. He can play both inside and outside. He is going to have to come in here and compete like they all do and get in there with the group we have now.” (Draft data via NFL.com)

THE TRADE: The Packers traded the No. 27 pick (first round) and gave up a third (76) and a sixth (186) to move up nine spots to No. 18. They also received No. 248 (seventh round).

QUICK TAKE: It was obvious the Pack wanted corner help when they made an offer for Chicago's Kyle Fuller earlier this off-season, which the Bears matched. Alexander should form a nice young duo with Kevin King, last year's Round 2 pick, though he struggled as a rookie. Injuries limited Alexander in 2017, but he picked off five passes two years ago. His return skills are a bonus. (Nate Davis, USA TODAY)

PRE-DRAFT ANALYSIS: Something of a forgotten man in 2017 after missing about half the season with knee and hand injuries, he put himself squarely back into the conversation of the draft's top corners with a 4.38-second 40-yard dash at the combine and a smooth run in position drills. Alexander has the tools to thrive on the outside, but he might make a living in the slot given his penchant for shutting down underneath passes. (Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz, USA TODAY)