Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Packers First Round Pick Jaire Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I was getting them confused all night. I knew the higher rated guy was the LB, but I didn't know his first name, so if the name popped up alone I could not have told you which was which.
    This ** Young MAN was the LBer we needed and the Packers flat out blew it for a give a half inch 5-10 1/2 Inch 192 lb 'hot Dog' injury prone CB

I still cannot believe the stupidity of it and 'big deal' and getting a second Draft Pick in 2019 that in all likelihood will be from a Playoff bound Team, The New Orleans Saints this Season.

This Super Prospect; this MAN should be wearing the Green and Gold.

They had ** LBer Tremaine Edmunds ** with his Super Star Status and very high >7.10 GRADE in their grasp and flat out blew it !

Just really really dumb.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

"What's one more torpedo in a sinking ship?"
    Lynn Dickey, 1984

"Never apologize, mister. It's a sign of weakness."
    John Wayne, "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    This ** Young MAN was the LBer we needed and the Packers flat out blew it for a give a half inch 5-10 1/2 Inch 192 lb 'hot Dog' injury prone CB

I still cannot believe the stupidity of it and 'big deal' and getting a second Draft Pick in 2019 that in all likelihood will be from a Playoff bound Team, The New Orleans Saints this Season.

This Super Prospect; this MAN should be wearing the Green and Gold.

They had ** LBer Tremaine Edmunds ** with his Super Star Status and very high >7.10 GRADE in their grasp and flat out blew it !

Just really really dumb.
    It's a scary world that I am agreeing with you so much these days, Woodbov.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by K-town View Post

Well good. He can't get on the draft flop, injury train until he's officially signed.

Quote Originally Posted by K-town View Post
    This early signing comparatively speaking, as opposed to many NO. Draft Picks waiting to or into the Official Training Camp and Exhibition Game schedule is a sign he's ready to go.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's a scary world that I am agreeing with you so much these days, Woodbov.
    It's hard to disagree with a > 7.10 Grade!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Woodbov clmored for that now-Vikes RB Dalvin Cook in the 2nd round last year. I'm gaining some grudging respect for his scouting acumen, though his writing still needs lots of help from Mae.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Woodbov clmored for that now-Vikes RB Dalvin Cook in the 2nd round last year. I'm gaining some grudging respect for his scouting acumen, though his writing still needs lots of help from Mae.
    But isn't Cook a bust until he can stay on the field? Any time a Packer player gets hurt and underperforms or goes to IR it was always TT wasted that pick.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    But isn't Cook a bust until he can stay on the field? Any time a Packer player gets hurt and underperforms or goes to IR it was always TT wasted that pick.

How true that is.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Ridiculous. If TT had a 2nd Round pick playing at a pro bowl level through his first 4 games and injury ended his rookie season, no one would hate on TT. Now the next year or two of injuries and underperforming as you say, then yes. But comparing TT's wasted picks to Dalvin Cook is silly. I guess Deshaun Watson's a bust too.

Ha, I got called a moron before last draft for saying I loved Cook. Now Woody is a genius?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Ha, I got called a moron before last draft for saying I loved Cook. Now Woody is a genius?
    I loved Cook too. I think you were just called a moron for other reasons.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    True enough. He clearly spends a lot of time on this. There was a post of his about 8000 words long somewhere where he made the point that the Packers may have gotten scooped when they moved up in the third looking for Arden Key - taken by the Raiders. Just speculation, but interesting just the same.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Prior to the Packers running the table, they were in play for Leonard Fournette. You were like, fuck Fournette, take Cook; who cares that Fournette is a good normal American while Cook abuses bitches, chicks and female dogs alike?

That was moronic, indeed.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Prior to the Packers running the table, they were in play for Leonard Fournette. You were like, fuck Fournette, take Cook; who cares that Fournette is a good normal American while Cook abuses bitches, chicks and female dogs alike?

That was moronic, indeed.
    Seeing as you are the local SME on morons, we will take your word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Seeing as you are the local SME on morons, we will take your word for it.
    Now, like Nutz, my short-term memory ain't as hardy as it was in my glorious youth. Could be CTE - I was a shutdown corner in HS, after all. Could the aftereffect of excessive exposures to aphrodisiacal vids and/or Mary Jane. Could simply be Father Time fucking with me (sometimes in my solitude, I ponder whether it is nobler to die young and robust, or grow gray and impotent). But my long-term memory remains hardy.

Pretty sure Zool was a hater of Fournette and a lover of Cook.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 05-18-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I loved Cook too. I think you were just called a moron for other reasons.
    Well that's fair.

Now, like Nutz, my short-term memory ain't as hardy as it was in my glorious youth. Could be CTE - I was a shutdown corner in HS, after all. Could the aftereffect of excessive exposures to aphrodisiacal vids and/or Mary Jane. Could simply be Father Time fucking with me (sometimes in my solitude, I ponder whether it is nobler to die young and robust, or grow gray and impotent). But my long-term memory remains hardy.

Pretty sure Zool was a hater of Fournette and a lover of Cook.
    I still think Cook will have a better career. I'll admit I didn't see Fournette doing as well as he did. He's fast as hell for a guy his size.

I still think Cook will have a better career. I'll admit I didn't see Fournette doing as well as he did. He's fast as hell for a guy his size.
    Fournette has the size and durability to be a 30-carry/gm back. Small backs like Cook needs to share the rock with other backs, or he'll get pounded into the abyss of oblivion. The math favors Fournette having a better career than Cook, stat-wise.

The math favors Fournette having a better career than Cook, stat-wise.
    Based on what?