Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Packers First Round Pick Jaire Alexander

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If the injury is any indication, I'm inclined to agree with APB.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Packers have suspended J-Alex for 1 game. Gonna miss the Queens game - with the season on the line.

All because J-Alex went out for the stupid coin toss.

Packers are soft and dumb. Front office definitely embracing the tank.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 12-27-2023 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Packers have suspended J-Alex for 1 game. Gonna miss the Queens game - with the season on the line.

All because J-Alex went out for the stupid coin toss.

Packers are soft and dumb. Front office definitely embracing the tank.
    Sorry, but yours is the "entitled do what I want" attitude that annoys us old fogeys. Jaire was being a punk. Honestly I'm getting pretty sick of his prima donna attitude. Its barely tolerable when he is playing (well), when he is sitting and sucking it gets you suspended. He almost lost us that game by being a clown. He called the coin right and said "we want to be on defense". If the official didn't cut him slack and clarify, Panthers would have gotten the ball to start both halves. He is a punk and acting like a punk. Honestly, trade him in the offseason if we can score real capital for him.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Sorry, but yours is the "entitled do what I want" attitude that annoys us old fogeys. Jaire was being a punk. Honestly I'm getting pretty sick of his prima donna attitude. Its barely tolerable when he is playing (well), when he is sitting and sucking it gets you suspended. He almost lost us that game by being a clown. He called the coin right and said "we want to be on defense". If the official didn't cut him slack and clarify, Panthers would have gotten the ball to start both halves. He is a punk and acting like a punk. Honestly, trade him in the offseason if we can score real capital for him.
    Yep. Nagler got it right too.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I'm okay with it. He didn't belong out there. Besides, it's not like Valentine and Ballentine can play any worse than he did Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm okay with it. He didn't belong out there. Besides, it's not like Valentine and Ballentine can play any worse than he did Sunday.
    Valentine only played 5 snaps against Carolina. They will probably play better without Alexander. Seems to free lance too often.

Shadow is one of our old timers and brings widsom to the table. But one time he had three draft rules or something of that nature and one of them was to never draft a guy who shows up to the draft with a red suit and polka dot bow tie. At the time Jaire was an all pro corner and top cover guy in the league. Shadow knew. Shadow knew.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Agree with Nagler. Lots of young players in the locker room, sends a message.

Interesting that Gute did it and not MLF. Imagine if Gute had say over the coaching staff; Barry might have been gone last February.

Jaire's body language after the game when asked about it was interesting. Seemed like he knew he fucked up but was laughing it off. Wasn't a good look, and you have to think it makes him look untrustworthy. You can't have guys like that on the field; if you aren't where you're supposed to be the Baker Mayfields and Bryce Youngs of the league will torch you.

If he wanted to be captain he should have asked MLF before the game.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Sorry, but yours is the "entitled do what I want" attitude that annoys us old fogeys. Jaire was being a punk. Honestly I'm getting pretty sick of his prima donna attitude. It’s barely tolerable when he is playing (well), when he is sitting and sucking it gets you suspended. He almost lost us that game by being a clown. He called the coin right and said "we want to be on defense". If the official didn't cut him slack and clarify, Panthers would have gotten the ball to start both halves. He is a punk and acting like a punk. Honestly, trade him in the offseason if we can score real capital for him.
    I bet you were happy the Packers took Mandarich over Neon Deion. Prime was the original “punk/Prima Donna” shutdown corner. Not saying J-Alex is a as great as Prime was, but J-Alex sure as fuck ain’t punk/donna wannabes like Ahmad Carrol and Damarious Randall either. J-Alex is damn good when he’s on.

Suspending your best corner over a stupid coin toss that has no consequences towards the game is stupid as fuck.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

If he had gone out and played the way he is supposed to play, they maybe overlooked the coin toss thing. I agree, Valentine has played very decent, a lot better than Jaire against the Panthers. Just the same, I still think Jaire has a lot of great football to play in his career. I'd hate to see that be with some other team.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

this had to happen

the guy put himself before the team and shit on his teamates that actually were the captains by decided he needed to be out there too and then made the call

not to mention he fucked it up

100% gotta send a message that this all was bullshit

alexanders ego has gotten way too big, and his play hasn't been backing it up the last couple of years. plus he just milked that injury for as long as he could

I think it was a combination of screwing around with the coin flip and then going out and giving up 5 receptions against the worst offense in football. Clearly his head wasn't where it needed to be.

I think it was a combination of screwing around with the coin flip and then going out and giving up 5 receptions against the worst offense in football. Clearly his head wasn't where it needed to be.
    He’s been ‘injured’ but wanted to perform before his hometown and family/friends.

when i first heard about this, i thought "wow, lefleur does have a set of balls"

then i found out that lefleur didn't make this decision, gutey had to do it

this ties right back into the barry discussion. matty might not have the stones to do what he needs to do. maybe his players know he's a pussy and thats why we have an obvious discipline problem on the field

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    when i first heard about this, i thought "wow, lefleur does have a set of balls"

then i found out that lefleur didn't make this decision, gutey had to do it

this ties right back into the barry discussion. matty might not have the stones to do what he needs to do. maybe his players know he's a pussy and thats why we have an obvious discipline problem on the field
    MLF said it was a joint decision. I don't think it's a coincidence that all the drama is coming from the defensive side. I don't think the players have a problem with MLF. The problem is that they've tuned out Barry. That's what has to get fixed.

MLF said it was a joint decision. I don't think it's a coincidence that all the drama is coming from the defensive side. I don't think the players have a problem with MLF. The problem is that they've tuned out Barry. That's what has to get fixed.
    Yeah I think Barry lost Jaire last season. I suspect he's not the only one.

"joint decision" lol -- yeah, Gute and Murphy probably decided something needed to happen and MLF rolled over and showed his belly.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Yeah I think Barry lost Jaire last season. I suspect he's not the only one.

"joint decision" lol -- yeah, Gute and Murphy probably decided something needed to happen and MLF rolled over and showed his belly.
    I think it had to be a joint decision. I doubt LaFleur has the power to unilterally suspend a player if he wanted to.

If it’s this bad - and I’m guessing it is - that’s cause to fire Joe 2 weeks ago. Probably too late now. Unless the Packers beat the Vikes 41 - 38 or 45 - 42 and the Rams and Seahawks lose. Then Matty Flower might figure it’s in the team’s best interest to can Joe Barely so the team can at least trot out a defense that’s not a clown show of incompetence and dunce-ishness.

Who knows? It’s getting crazier and crazier.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    If anybody has been paying attention this was no surprise at all. On 12/9 in an interview he publicly stated he he'd have a hard time playing at anything less than 100%.

Then we watch buys like Musgrave play a bit with a severe injury, and we watch Wicks play through obvious pain and injury and gut it out.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think Devondre's twitter outburst and Jaire's ongoing behavior suggest something is very wrong behind the scenes.