Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Packers First Round Pick Jaire Alexander

^ I dunno. Unless you are James Stewart, the NFL burns out a lotta big backs. Purple Jesus is about as big as you can get and survive. If you are Lacy sized, NFL coaches just run you into walls.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Well with that as your backing, who can even argue?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

If the injury is any indication, I'm inclined to agree with APB.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ^ I dunno. Unless you are James Stewart, the NFL burns out a lotta big backs. Purple Jesus is about as big as you can get and survive. If you are Lacy sized, NFL coaches just run you into walls.
    James Stewart always seemed kind tall & thin to me.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Some players are simply milksops, regardless of their sizes, but bigger players usually are more equipped to handle poundings than smaller players. That's not to say it woulda been impossible for DuJuan Harris to handle 30 carries a game, 16-19 games a year. Just saying, more often than not, smaller backs are prone to getting pounded into the abyss of oblivion.

Btw, Lacy eats too much - that's the reason he currently is not on an NFL roster.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    James Stewart always seemed kind tall & thin to me.
    He's 6' 1" and 224. Always looked pretty big to me. Leonard is 6 even and 228. Lacy is 5' 11" and 250+.

Purple Jesus is the one who looked too tall and thin to me: 6' 1", 220.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Some players are simply milksops, regardless of their sizes, but bigger players usually are more equipped to handle poundings than smaller players. That's not to say it woulda been impossible for DuJuan Harris to handle 30 carries a game, 16-19 games a year. Just saying, more often than not, smaller backs are prone to getting pounded into the abyss of oblivion.
    I don't think that is true except to say its probably better for similar style players to be bigger in general.

Smaller backs don't run the same way bigger backs do. You can't just look at size and project longevity. Ahman Green was 6' even and 217.

Packers have suspended J-Alex for 1 game. Gonna miss the Queens game - with the season on the line.

All because J-Alex went out for the stupid coin toss.

Packers are soft and dumb. Front office definitely embracing the tank.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 12-27-2023 at 12:47 PM.

I'm okay with it. He didn't belong out there. Besides, it's not like Valentine and Ballentine can play any worse than he did Sunday.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Packers have suspended J-Alex for 1 game. Gonna miss the Queens game - with the season on the line.

All because J-Alex went out for the stupid coin toss.

Packers are soft and dumb. Front office definitely embracing the tank.
    Sorry, but yours is the "entitled do what I want" attitude that annoys us old fogeys. Jaire was being a punk. Honestly I'm getting pretty sick of his prima donna attitude. Its barely tolerable when he is playing (well), when he is sitting and sucking it gets you suspended. He almost lost us that game by being a clown. He called the coin right and said "we want to be on defense". If the official didn't cut him slack and clarify, Panthers would have gotten the ball to start both halves. He is a punk and acting like a punk. Honestly, trade him in the offseason if we can score real capital for him.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm okay with it. He didn't belong out there. Besides, it's not like Valentine and Ballentine can play any worse than he did Sunday.
    Valentine only played 5 snaps against Carolina. They will probably play better without Alexander. Seems to free lance too often.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Sorry, but yours is the "entitled do what I want" attitude that annoys us old fogeys. Jaire was being a punk. Honestly I'm getting pretty sick of his prima donna attitude. Its barely tolerable when he is playing (well), when he is sitting and sucking it gets you suspended. He almost lost us that game by being a clown. He called the coin right and said "we want to be on defense". If the official didn't cut him slack and clarify, Panthers would have gotten the ball to start both halves. He is a punk and acting like a punk. Honestly, trade him in the offseason if we can score real capital for him.
    Yep. Nagler got it right too.

Shadow is one of our old timers and brings widsom to the table. But one time he had three draft rules or something of that nature and one of them was to never draft a guy who shows up to the draft with a red suit and polka dot bow tie. At the time Jaire was an all pro corner and top cover guy in the league. Shadow knew. Shadow knew.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Agree with Nagler. Lots of young players in the locker room, sends a message.

Interesting that Gute did it and not MLF. Imagine if Gute had say over the coaching staff; Barry might have been gone last February.

Jaire's body language after the game when asked about it was interesting. Seemed like he knew he fucked up but was laughing it off. Wasn't a good look, and you have to think it makes him look untrustworthy. You can't have guys like that on the field; if you aren't where you're supposed to be the Baker Mayfields and Bryce Youngs of the league will torch you.

If he wanted to be captain he should have asked MLF before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Sorry, but yours is the "entitled do what I want" attitude that annoys us old fogeys. Jaire was being a punk. Honestly I'm getting pretty sick of his prima donna attitude. It’s barely tolerable when he is playing (well), when he is sitting and sucking it gets you suspended. He almost lost us that game by being a clown. He called the coin right and said "we want to be on defense". If the official didn't cut him slack and clarify, Panthers would have gotten the ball to start both halves. He is a punk and acting like a punk. Honestly, trade him in the offseason if we can score real capital for him.
    I bet you were happy the Packers took Mandarich over Neon Deion. Prime was the original “punk/Prima Donna” shutdown corner. Not saying J-Alex is a as great as Prime was, but J-Alex sure as fuck ain’t punk/donna wannabes like Ahmad Carrol and Damarious Randall either. J-Alex is damn good when he’s on.

Suspending your best corner over a stupid coin toss that has no consequences towards the game is stupid as fuck.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

If he had gone out and played the way he is supposed to play, they maybe overlooked the coin toss thing. I agree, Valentine has played very decent, a lot better than Jaire against the Panthers. Just the same, I still think Jaire has a lot of great football to play in his career. I'd hate to see that be with some other team.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

this had to happen

the guy put himself before the team and shit on his teamates that actually were the captains by decided he needed to be out there too and then made the call

not to mention he fucked it up

100% gotta send a message that this all was bullshit

alexanders ego has gotten way too big, and his play hasn't been backing it up the last couple of years. plus he just milked that injury for as long as he could

I think it was a combination of screwing around with the coin flip and then going out and giving up 5 receptions against the worst offense in football. Clearly his head wasn't where it needed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think it was a combination of screwing around with the coin flip and then going out and giving up 5 receptions against the worst offense in football. Clearly his head wasn't where it needed to be.
    He’s been ‘injured’ but wanted to perform before his hometown and family/friends.