Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Packers First Round Pick Jaire Alexander

when i first heard about this, i thought "wow, lefleur does have a set of balls"

then i found out that lefleur didn't make this decision, gutey had to do it

this ties right back into the barry discussion. matty might not have the stones to do what he needs to do. maybe his players know he's a pussy and thats why we have an obvious discipline problem on the field

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    when i first heard about this, i thought "wow, lefleur does have a set of balls"

then i found out that lefleur didn't make this decision, gutey had to do it

this ties right back into the barry discussion. matty might not have the stones to do what he needs to do. maybe his players know he's a pussy and thats why we have an obvious discipline problem on the field
    MLF said it was a joint decision. I don't think it's a coincidence that all the drama is coming from the defensive side. I don't think the players have a problem with MLF. The problem is that they've tuned out Barry. That's what has to get fixed.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    MLF said it was a joint decision. I don't think it's a coincidence that all the drama is coming from the defensive side. I don't think the players have a problem with MLF. The problem is that they've tuned out Barry. That's what has to get fixed.
    Yeah I think Barry lost Jaire last season. I suspect he's not the only one.

"joint decision" lol -- yeah, Gute and Murphy probably decided something needed to happen and MLF rolled over and showed his belly.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Yeah I think Barry lost Jaire last season. I suspect he's not the only one.

"joint decision" lol -- yeah, Gute and Murphy probably decided something needed to happen and MLF rolled over and showed his belly.
    I think it had to be a joint decision. I doubt LaFleur has the power to unilterally suspend a player if he wanted to.

Blog Entries
    If anybody has been paying attention this was no surprise at all. On 12/9 in an interview he publicly stated he he'd have a hard time playing at anything less than 100%.

Then we watch buys like Musgrave play a bit with a severe injury, and we watch Wicks play through obvious pain and injury and gut it out.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If it’s this bad - and I’m guessing it is - that’s cause to fire Joe 2 weeks ago. Probably too late now. Unless the Packers beat the Vikes 41 - 38 or 45 - 42 and the Rams and Seahawks lose. Then Matty Flower might figure it’s in the team’s best interest to can Joe Barely so the team can at least trot out a defense that’s not a clown show of incompetence and dunce-ishness.

Who knows? It’s getting crazier and crazier.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I think Devondre's twitter outburst and Jaire's ongoing behavior suggest something is very wrong behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think Devondre's twitter outburst and Jaire's ongoing behavior suggest something is very wrong behind the scenes.
    What could possibly be wrong? The trade of Rasul could be a part of this too.

IMO, what's wrong is the results. Players will put up with an asshole coach they they're winning and getting results.

Nobody’s saying he’s an asshole, exactly. Just incompetent. The players don’t respect him at all, that’s clear.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Nobody’s saying he’s an asshole, exactly. Just incompetent. The players don’t respect him at all, that’s clear.
    Agreed. My point is he wouldn't have (arguably) lost the locker room if the defense was playing well. Therefore, the main issue is his strategy sucks balls. The players getting frustrated with him is secondary.

That makes sense. If a team is playing well, it'll put up with the coach, even if he's Satan incarnate. So if Barry has this defense playing well, they'd be on board. But they have sniffed out his incompetence.

I think after The Flower had to TELL Joe to blitz more (when was that? The SF playoff game where King got burned?), he must've had an inkling Joe weren't the guy. Yet LeFleur sat on his hands, and here we are.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That makes sense. If a team is playing well, it'll put up with the coach, even if he's Satan incarnate. So if Barry has this defense playing well, they'd be on board. But they have sniffed out his incompetence.

I think after The Flower had to TELL Joe to blitz more (when was that? The SF playoff game where King got burned?), he must've had an inkling Joe weren't the guy. Yet LeFleur sat on his hands, and here we are.
    The game I know of where he told Barry (sort of) to bring pressure was week 2 in 2021 against the Lions. Packers trailed 17-14 at halftime. I read that MLF told him that if he's rushing 4 and not getting to the QB he can't just keep rushing 4. He either has to bring pressure or drop 8 and play coverage. Barry brought pressure and the Packers shut them out in the 2nd half.

Read over on ESPN, that Jaire has an $8M roster bonus due to him on March 20th.

On Acme, they say the total dead cap if we move off of him is $27M next year. They seem to say we’re stuck paying the bonus and him playing for us short a major contract restructure which is not likely.
    Last edited by Teamcheez1; 12-31-2023 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Read over on ESPN, that Jaire has an $8M roster bonus due to him on March 20th.

On Acme, they say the total dead cap if we move off of him is $27M next year. They seem to say we’re stuck paying the bonus and him playing for us short a major contract restructure which is not likely.
    i think he costs around 24 million against the cap right now for next season

so we would take an extra 3 million dollar hit if we get rid of him

27 million dollar hit is a big hit for a player not on your team, but its not unheard of if you want the guy gone

i also saw the 8 million dollar roster bonus. i have no clue how that figures into the cap hit though

I'd kinda like to see Jaire play for a different Packer DC and DB coach.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i think he costs around 24 million against the cap right now for next season

so we would take an extra 3 million dollar hit if we get rid of him

27 million dollar hit is a big hit for a player not on your team, but its not unheard of if you want the guy gone

i also saw the 8 million dollar roster bonus. i have no clue how that figures into the cap hit though
    He still has a lot of trade value. If you can land a couple premium picks it might be worth eating the money. But tex is correct in his next post. We have a ton of athletes who are capable of playing in a more man type scheme. Savage and Alexander are miscast in this system....of course, the system blows so everyone is miscast.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'd kinda like to see Jaire play for a different Packer DC and DB coach.

Lets say JIMMY JIMMY JIMMY get the job

Or

Even your buddy AL HARRIS

A lot of Man to Man wojuld be on it's way and Jaire would do great again
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I just read an article this morning suggesting the Packers will NOT be parting ways with Jaire after the season, as his contract is too expensive and he's not considered a problem in the locker room.

So yes, maybe hire a DC who will play to his players' strengths.

KYPack

I think Jaire is a weird quirky dude. The good ones almost all are. See Rodgers, Aaron or Favre, Bert. Tom Brady actually seems like a normal ass dude to me for the GOAT, which is kind of unexpected. JJ Watt, too.