2 Williams
    3 Montgomery

I don't know, really wondering what sitch is

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    1 Peterman
    2 Jones
    3 Williams

Montgomery - specialty third down back/receiver
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Gotta be Jones #1. Was a monstrous threat when he was out there. Nearly full two yards per carry better than Williams (5.5 to 3.6)
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    1 Peterman
    2 Jones
    3 Williams

Montgomery - specialty third down back/receiver
    If they sign Peterman, I am going to find tank's house and setup a lot of mirrors so he can't leave the grounds*.

* http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l=1#post977023
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Gotta be Jones #1. Was a monstrous threat when he was out there. Nearly full two yards per carry better than Williams (5.5 to 3.6)
    They had similar 40 times at the Combine, but Jones looks so much faster. Packers stressed he needs to get stronger in his lower body this offseason to increase tackle breaking ability. If he does that, Kool-Aid drinkers might not be able to resist making Ahman Green comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They had similar 40 times at the Combine, but Jones looks so much faster. Packers stressed he needs to get stronger in his lower body this offseason to increase tackle breaking ability. If he does that, Kool-Aid drinkers might not be able to resist making Ahman Green comparisons.
    heard his legs are much bigger.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...homore-season/

I hope they steer clear of Peterman. I don't think I could take all the long stories about his explorations in Burma, and his trip to the dark continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I almost worry about that. What change what was working?

Jones might not have a higher top gear, but his initial speed to the LBs plus his first move are much faster than Williams slam bam style.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I think Jones and Williams are 1a and 1b.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I think Jones and Williams will both be used and with Tubby it will be by situation. Montgomery will be listed as a running back but will play more receiver this year especially if the young guys are not progressing and if Cobb takes another step backwards.

I think Montgomery is in a funky situation. He isn't a running back and he has missed almost two seasons of development as a receiver. He could just be stuck in limbo for the rest of his time in Green Bay, or he could turn this flexibility into being a very difficult matchup for defenses.

I like to be optomistic about Jones, but I wonder how much of it has to do with McCarthy`s change to the run game post ARod.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...-mike-mccarthy
    https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...amaal-williams

I do hope though that he is something special.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I would be surprised if Montgomery made the team.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I would be surprised if Montgomery made the team.
    Given the uncertainty at WR depth, he will have a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I think Jones and Williams are 1a and 1b.

5.5 ypc!!

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    5.5 ypc!!
    Oh I like jones better but can he stay on the field? Williams bashes and Jones flashes?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    5.5 ypc!!
    Williams is a guy who needs to be fed the rock excessively to catch daylight. Not sure A-Rod has the desire or patience to feed Williams excessively. Jones, on the other hand, is capable of hitting home runs cold off the bench or in between lags.

Unless the Packers sign AP, and they ought to, Monty will start. Jones will be the change of pace back. Williams will be the short-yardage back. Then again, Jones, Monty and Williams are all fragile, so who starts likely will be a week to week thing.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I'll go with Williams 1A and Jones 1B. Hell no to AP. I wouldn't be surprised to see Montgomery cut or traded cheap. I'm not ready to give up on Devante Mays as the 3rd RB.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

If McCarthy is smart, it will depend on matchups. I think Montgomery could cause a lot of problems if used correctly. You don't run him between the tackles 20 times a game -- IMO he's suited to a no-huddle offense because you can play him anywhere.
    Williams is a tough runner who was pretty dependable for a rookie. I expect McCarthy to switch him off with Jones, probably in alternating series (unless one has a hot hand), with Ty getting specialty packages or backing either up.
    RBs take a real beating and like CB's I don't know that you can have too many good ones.

Mays had a pretty rough go, fumbling his first two carries. He has to prove he's improved grasping the offense and holding onto the ball. If that happens, he could be a real monster, especially in bad weather with his size and -- ugh -- reported low pad level. Could be a dark horse in the competition, or could flame out.

Agree with others Williams/Jones are 1a and 1b, with Ty figuring in as game dictates. Worst case for Ty: he plays more ST's, but he'll get on the field.

Not how Peterson fits in the offense, honestly.
    He's a liability in pass pro, needs to run from 5-7 yds deep vs. pistol/shotgun, and is in his 30's. I don't know that defenses fear him like they used to.

He's a freak of nature and probably still has gas in the tank, but I think he'd be a square peg in the GB offense.
    I could see him in a place like Tennessee, Dallas, Seattle, or Baltimore where they like to pound the ball.

There's also the PR aspect: some fans would object to a child whipper on the team.

I almost worry about that. What change what was working?
    Well, except that he injured both knees. I think they're hoping added lower body strength will reduce pressure on his knee ligaments.