Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Packers Second Round Pick Josh Jackson

Hat tip to Brandon494

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

again

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

i'm really excited about this pick, i think its by far our best one of the draft

jackson seems to be really pissed that he landed in the 2nd, and it already seems like he played with some attitude to begin with

i have a feeling he's gonna be our #1 cb, and maybe be the shutdown. king will take the tall guys, and alexander will supply the flash and big plays

he says he was talking with mike daniels through the whole draft process (both from iowa) it would be great if he brings that same kind of nastiness and leadership to the secondary

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Best pick in the draft for us, this kid is going to be special. Our secondary is loaded with talent now, something Pettine will need when calling his blitz packages.
    I really like this pick, but I've been making the point about the quality of QBs he's faced being pretty crappy. Does that worry you at all?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I really like this pick, but I've been making the point about the quality of QBs he's faced being pretty crappy. Does that worry you at all?
    Maybe if we got him in the first round but where we drafted him I think it’s worth the risk.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...football-focus

Packers CB Josh Jackson mentioned as 2018 Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate

Jackson’s ball skills are the primary reason for his mention in the same breath as a few of the top players in this year’s draft class.

By Evan "Tex" Western@TexWestern May 11, 2018, 9:00am CDT
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i'm really excited about this pick, i think its by far our best one of the draft

jackson seems to be really pissed that he landed in the 2nd, and it already seems like he played with some attitude to begin with

i have a feeling he's gonna be our #1 cb, and maybe be the shutdown. king will take the tall guys, and alexander will supply the flash and big plays

he says he was talking with mike daniels through the whole draft process (both from iowa) it would be great if he brings that same kind of nastiness and leadership to the secondary
    This was indeed the BEST Pick in the Draft for Value and Risk.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Hat tip to Brandon494

Look at that Face..Nasty.

Is he an NFL Ready Ballhawk? Can he track Receiver Routes and defend passes?

I like that 'face' now can he tackle?

Jackson was an excellent pick - especially where we got him.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Jackson was an excellent pick - especially where we got him.
    A sloth's a sloth's a sloth. Pretty sure Gute's gonna regret not drafting Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, USC, the poor man's Claymaker.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    A sloth's a sloth's a sloth. Pretty sure Gute's gonna regret not drafting Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, USC, the poor man's Claymaker.
    sorry, but not all good CB's run 4.3 40's

Well done. I'm glad you're hyping Jackson before Bretsky got the chance. At least now he's got a chance.

sorry, but not all good CB's run 4.3 40's
    There are some exceptions but more often than not, the lack of speed usually gets one killed in the NFL. Just ask Mr. Hyde. Watch the game tapes, not highlights, that pb provided. A sloth through and through. Reminds me of Hyde, an abomination at corner.

Jackson was a one-hit wonder at Iowa. Had an nice game against the OSU. That's it. Sure, he scored twice against Wisconsin, but who played QB for the Badgers in that game?

Shoulda drafted Nwosu, or alternatively, Donte Jackson.

APB, do you have any takes that *aren't* negative? Or do you just not share them?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    APB, do you have any takes that *aren't* negative? Or do you just not share them?
    I'm a pessimist, so nada. I did grade this draft class with an "A", however.

Hopefully, wrt Jackson, you are pleasantly surprised!

There are some exceptions but more often than not, the lack of speed usually gets one killed in the NFL. Just ask Mr. Hyde. Watch the game tapes, not highlights, that pb provided. A sloth through and through. Reminds me of Hyde, an abomination at corner.

Jackson was a one-hit wonder at Iowa. Had an nice game against the OSU. That's it. Sure, he scored twice against Wisconsin, but who played QB for the Badgers in that game?

Dude, the two clips in this thread are every defensive play he was in for two entire games. Are you saying you want the commercials included?

Helpful hint: those breakdowns have a highlight feature that shows you where the player in question is before each snap. In case you forgot where shutdown cornerbacks line up.

heres nfl.coms ranking of the top cb's in 2017

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ules-the-roost

A.J. Bouye 4.55

Chris Harris 4.48

Marcus Peters 4.53

Marshon Lattimore 4.36

Jalen Ramsey 4.41

Xavien Howard 4.41

Trevor Williams 4.45 (pro day)

Patrick Robinson 4.46

Patrick Peterson 4.34

Tre'Davious White 4.47

others

casey hayward 4.57

richard sherman 4.56

tramon 4.57

malcolm butler 4.62
    Last edited by red; 05-13-2018 at 09:39 AM.

All you have to do is go back and look at Tanky’s player predictions over the past decade. If he hates the pick, the kid has a real shot. It’s like he’s Bizzaro Bretsy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    When the ball is in the air and the receiver is running down the sideline on a 9 route can Jackson close and make a play on the ball? Can he play as a starting corner with his eyes locked on the receiver? I think he is going to be closer to Casey Heyward type in the nickel package playing zone.