Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2018 Packers Second Round Pick Josh Jackson

I wonder how close Sherman is to 4.56 after those two Achilles surgeries. I'd bet Tramon doesn't run 4.57 anymore either.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    After the Combine and pro days does anyone run a 40? I guess a veteran that really want to prove they still got it will run for teams to try and seduce a contract out of them, but if you have to run a forty for a team whats the point?

These 40 times are all bullshit anyways. They all work with track coaches and speed coaches to enhance their times based on perfect form and get off. None of these assholes would dare run this way on an actual football field.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    After the Combine and pro days does anyone run a 40? I guess a veteran that really want to prove they still got it will run for teams to try and seduce a contract out of them, but if you have to run a forty for a team whats the point?

These 40 times are all bullshit anyways. They all work with track coaches and speed coaches to enhance their times based on perfect form and get off. None of these assholes would dare run this way on an actual football field.
    The only numbers that matter for these players are the NFL.com draft scores. The rest is all window dressing.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    The only numbers that matter for these players are the NFL.com draft scores. The rest is all window dressing.
    True that!

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I wonder how close Sherman is to 4.56 after those two Achilles surgeries. I'd bet Tramon doesn't run 4.57 anymore either.
    no way a guy in his mid 30's can run the same as he did in his early 20s. with or without injuries

you know, it makes you wonder just how much the combine process hurts a players growth rather then improve it

from the time a guys plays his last college game, he's practicing for the combine drills, not so much working on his game.

andlike you said, after the combine, a guy is never gonna run a 40 or a 3 cone, or do a broad jump, etc

they would be better off working on their game. but money talks

I think they are training for not only speed, but agility, and being an all-around more explosive athlete. That translates to the field.

IMO, like most rookies, Jackson and Alexander will spend their 1st season learning and elevating their skills. I believe that Jackson will emerge as GB's top CB as he moves forward into his 2nd campaign. :flag

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Unfortunately, Jackson will move into his second campaign slowly - very slowly.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Josh Jackson is not and will never be a speed CB, but be brings other talents that will be polished moving forward. IMO, his best talent is that he is a natural football player. He has the heart of a guy that hates to loose and gives 100% on every down. I went and reviewed some of Iowa's 2017 games and saw for myself just how valuable he is going to be. He will not start this season, but he will join Kevin King the following season.

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Yup !

Somehow hahaha, 'eyes straight ahead' doesn't scream good defensive pass 'D'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    IMO, like most rookies, Jackson and Alexander will spend their 1st season learning and elevating their skills. I believe that Jackson will emerge as GB's top CB as he moves forward into his 2nd campaign. :flag
    If they team up and work together in 'the Film Room' and make book on the oppositions Offensive Coordinators style of running an Offense;

By 'Year Three' we might see what we cannot expect this Season and solid DB Play from either of Alexander and Jackson If one or both makes a significant contribution 'in Year Two' I'll be pleased.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think they are training for not only speed, but agility, and being an all-around more explosive athlete. That translates to the field.
    And I think the 40 dash nowadays is being able to see players' talents on a common event and seeing how they handle the responsibility of prepping for the event.

At this point, every major college team and all the pro scouting departments have the 40 sliced and diced to be able to judge starting reaction, acceleration, and top-end speed with expectations from game tape. They probably can also judge who's been using their time since the bowl game to adapt to ideal running form; versus who gained some chub, is hiding a slight limp every fifth step, and pisses straight THC. Then they all get to either overanalyze or ignore (or both simultaneously) what they saw.

If the combine had all players push a grocery cart up an icy sidewalk in dress shoes, the scouts would find some way to apply that to football skills as well
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    And I think the 40 dash nowadays is being able to see players' talents on a common event and seeing how they handle the responsibility of prepping for the event.

At this point, every major college team and all the pro scouting departments have the 40 sliced and diced to be able to judge starting reaction, acceleration, and top-end speed with expectations from game tape. They probably can also judge who's been using their time since the bowl game to adapt to ideal running form; versus who gained some chub, is hiding a slight limp every fifth step, and pisses straight THC. Then they all get to either overanalyze or ignore (or both simultaneously) what they saw.

If the combine had all players push a grocery cart up an icy sidewalk in dress shoes, the scouts would find some way to apply that to football skills as well
    Nice post.

Repped