View Poll Results: Who should Packers pick at #14?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Da'Ron Payne - DT - Alabama

1 4.17%
  • Leighton Vander Esch - LB - Boise St.

1 4.17%
  • Calvin Ridley - WR - Alkabama

7 29.17%
  • Mike McGlinchey - OT - Notre Dame

1 4.17%
  • Josh Jackson - CB - Iowa

0 0%
  • Harold Landry - Edge - Boston College

8 33.33%
  • Marcus Davenport - Edge - UTSA

6 25.00%
  • Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU

0 0%
  • William Hernandez - G - UTEP

0 0%
  • Mike Hughes - CB - Central Florida

0 0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Packerrats 1st Round Mock Draft Packers Pick Poll

Packerrats 1st Round Mock Draft Packers Pick Poll

Who should the Packers pick at #14?

Poll to follow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I don't like what's left in the mock draft at #14. I voted for Landry. His 2016 productivity was better than Myles Garrett (i guess fewer hurries though). He has the chance to be a one trick pony. A Clay Matthews without the run stopping. Saw somewhere he compares to Vic Beasley - maybe they meant his hammy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

can we get TRADE DOWN as an option? Went Mike McGlinchey

Blog Entries
    This would be my nightmare

My FAB FIVE ** Ward, James, Fitzpatrick, R Smith, and Edmunds) for pick 14 are all gone

Don't want Josh Jackson; I'd take Landry and actually Ridley might be my second choice
    Last edited by Bretsky; 04-11-2018 at 06:03 PM.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The mock so far is just about as expected with the top 13; it looks like the Packers are right at the top of the second tier. Trade down makes a lot of sense.

For the pick, Landry is an obvious choice, but I voted for Ridley. Right now Allison is the second outside guy, so Ridley should be able to start and contribute right away. With 4.43 in the 40 he adds some speed also (if he can beat press coverage).

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    ^^^What he said.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

The Poll is missing Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

He should be considered.

** LB Roquan Smith won the 2017 Butkus Award.

** He was also named SEC Defensive Player of the Year,

** He racked up 137 tackles, 14 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks for UGA last season.

** Roquan Smith is solid against the Pass and the Run he has excellent speed and range and he never quits. He's a tremendous tackler.

Why is he not in this Poll? He should be made as a clear choice not as a potential option.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-11-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The Poll is missing Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

He should certainly be considered.
    49ers took Roquan Smith with the 9th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    49ers took Roquan Smith with the 9th pick.
    Sorry your correct. I just looked back on another Post I made and the Prospect I feel might be considered is 'in fact' Rashaan Evans Alabama ILB:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...ound-1-0/page5

and Post #88.

https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL...pects-2018.asp (SEE Bio's at this LINK)

12 -2 Derwin James Florida State S 6'2" 215

13 +1 Roquan Smith Georgia ILB 6'1" 236 OLB -3

14 -6 Marcus Davenport UTSA EDGE 6'6" 264

15 +1 Calvin Ridley Alabama WRF 6'1" 190

16 +35 Rashaan Evans Alabama ILB 6'2" 232

Inside LBer RASHAAN EVANS:

Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-11-2018 at 08:44 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Went with Davenport. It was a coin toss for me between him and Landry.

I haven't paid much attention to college ball for a few years but I know the Packers need to find some pass rush this year. Hopefully one of those two can bring some pressure.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

it's too soon.

I also went with Ridley. Simply because I feel he's the surest bet to translate into a very good pro player. And we need receiver talent. Our defense frankly won't be good next year regardless, so I lean towards loading up on offense. We are going to need to win some shootouts. This guy is very polished for a college receiver. Crisp routes, great hands and instincts. I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    I also went with Ridley. Simply because I feel he's the surest bet to translate into a very good pro player. And we need receiver talent. Our defense frankly won't be good next year regardless, so I lean towards loading up on offense. We are going to need to win some shootouts. This guy is very polished for a college receiver. Crisp routes, great hands and instincts. I'd be happy.
    The thinking (right now it seems) is an improved Pass Rush helps to protect a weal secondary.

The thing is and now...It's in my view, strength to former strength and Offense.

That means a Pick at WR and a sure Starter or as a second Option upgrade the OL.

In Round 1 you pick 'the real Difference Maker' lowest risk best prospect.

All day it's in FINAL Analysis WR and Calvin Ridley or that WR the Packers may like better.

Picking at WR 'Featured" makes D. Adams more legit as it will for TE Jimmy Graham. Give Aaron Rodgers that real weapon possibility. The Packer Brass have a habit of spreading butter on their bread too thinly.

It's no time to do that at Pick NO. 14. Use it and use it for STRENGTH.

wist and I agree about Landry. Along with Bretsky. If Fritz and Patler join in, that will be one helluva curse
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I went ridley. He is the best actual player on that board at his position. BPA, we need help all over.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    wist and I agree about Landry. Along with Bretsky. If Fritz and Patler join in, that will be one helluva curse
    WRF Calvin Ridley supporters are making noise.

It's now 12:53 CST on Thurs. 12 April, 2018; and the voting is too close to call it. :

It's now 8 to 7 in Votes and EDGE Harold Landry over NO. 1 Ranked WR Calvin Ridley.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    EDGE Harold Landry looks safer (now) to me.

I weighed a lot of stuff when I elected to vote for WR Calvin Ridley; but it all came down to a marginal difference between him and one other I liked a lot and on 'D'. An overall standout performing Prospect at ILB. I really like *** Overall Ranked At NO. 17 ILB Rashaan Evans ILB Alabama ***.

*** https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Dr...2018-Draft.asp

Overall Ranked at 16, WR Calvin Ridley's strength off the LOS bothers me. I love his hands and feel for running routes once he gets into one.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Ridley would not be a bad choice. He is faster and quicker than Slowrdy Nelson, or anyone else on the Packers, except Davis, to be sure. I have read that he is the best route runner in college ball and his best feature is that he "understands the defense." He sounds a lot smarter than The Bomb Threat, even though they have similar measurables.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    This a shitty draft for the packers. Top talent is of the board for them. I went with Davenport because in college he took a shit in a girls closet. Classic!

He also has the highest ceiling but if he doesn't land on his feet in the first couple of years peeps will be rightfully pissed

Quote Originally Posted by wthigoot View Post
    The mock so far is just about as expected with the top 13; it looks like the Packers are right at the top of the second tier. Trade down makes a lot of sense.

For the pick, Landry is an obvious choice, but I voted for Ridley. Right now Allison is the second outside guy, so Ridley should be able to start and contribute right away. With 4.43 in the 40 he adds some speed also (if he can beat press coverage).
    I think given the ((now weaK) situation we are now in and WR it's a decent option to go WR and Calvin Ridley.

That pick hopefully helps our best WR Davante Adams and the acquisition of TE Jimmy Graham. That pick adds a weapon for Aaron Rodgers but the Packers also must strengthen the OL. We need a TE to block effectively.

Those are just some issues and the Packer 'O'. To stay competitive we need to see ARod on his feet and playing and he needs that weapon. It's going to take more than one Off Season to fix the mess on 'D'.

Use the Higher Value Pick for your Strength.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-12-2018 at 05:55 PM.