Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My 30,000th Post at Packerrats ...Thanks Packer Fans - woodbuck27

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    What exactly is meant by 'doxing'?
    I had to go to my 8th Dictionary to discover something that I felt was a reasonable definition smuggler

doxed

Past tense of the word dox - verb in formal

Definition:

search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.

Used in a sentence : "hackers and online vigilantes routinely dox both public and private figures"
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

It seems like maybe most of you guys are talking about the second incarnation of JSOnline - when it came back with a different format, etc. It's kinda hazy, but I recall posting in that, but not much - I was in a couple of other forums at the time, as I recall.

What I have a more vivid memory of is the old old JSOnline, still call "Journal Sentinel Forums" or some such thing. I remember there was a lot of baseball posting in that forum. I also remember some guy starting a thread called FYI - just a harmless little thing about some Detroit Lions player, as I recall, and that thread escalated to literally hundreds of pages of great fun - political posting, etc. I also recall, they had some kind of hacking or something that caused the forum to shut down for days at a time, and I think eventually ended it. I loved that forum - the newer JSOnline, not so much.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It seems like maybe most of you guys are talking about the second incarnation of JSOnline - when it came back with a different format, etc. It's kinda hazy, but I recall posting in that, but not much - I was in a couple of other forums at the time, as I recall.

What I have a more vivid memory of is the old old JSOnline, still call "Journal Sentinel Forums" or some such thing. I remember there was a lot of baseball posting in that forum. I also remember some guy starting a thread called FYI - just a harmless little thing about some Detroit Lions player, as I recall, and that thread escalated to literally hundreds of pages of great fun - political posting, etc. I also recall, they had some kind of hacking or something that caused the forum to shut down for days at a time, and I think eventually ended it. I loved that forum - the newer JSOnline, not so much.
    JS Forums was the one I remember. Then there were administrative problems and the doxing (trying to identify an actual person posting on an internet forum) and the first big wave left when very little was done in response.

Then they separated it into the Bubbler or something like that I think. Never went back to that.

Eventually I ran into Bretsky at the old forum and he gave me the heads up about this place.

I do remember Zool and Fosco at the old forum. And I think KYPack as someone else mentioned. I might have discussed this place with KYP. Amazing how foggy my memory is on this stuff.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Pretty sure Woody, Nutz, Pb, et al. are referencing the old old JSO. I, too, loved the old JSO. The new JSO was called SportsBubblers, and many of regulars here were cozily over here when SportsBubblers launched.

I was exiled from here, so I posted exclusively at SportsBubblers. Seemed like the Kentucky, Pugger and Campbell (as Trey Wingnut, after he was exiled from here) were the only Rats who posted regularly at SB. I enjoyed SB. Some good posters in ptisme, dsilby, wcheezers, Reg Dunlap, CheeseCityFan (SB's version of pbmax), even Lamboo (dude agreed with you on everything fyi-wise), and a slew of other awesome posters whom I cannot recall.

Sad that SB is history.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Btw, was just looking at this site's member list. Ptisme, dsilby, Reg Dunlap and CheeseCityFan are registered here. What's up, dawgs!

Oh, I wish Mazzin, Michele and Ziggy would start posting again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Btw, was just looking at this site's member list. Ptisme, dsilby, Reg Dunlap and CheeseCityFan are registered here. What's up, dawgs!

Repped.

The trading of Brett Favre to the New York Jets had a lot of unfortunate repercussive effects here at Packerrats, as the Favre 'Loyal' had to try to deal with the 'Favre Haters'.

It's questionable which side - The Favre Loyal OR the Favre Haters; suffered the most losses. In TRUTH Packerrats ultimately LOST. To this day I felt that was 'just sad'.

I personally realized the brutality of it all.I fiercely defended my right to be the PRO Sports Fan. I rallied around 'the Democratic Right of Free Choice'.

What in 'H' was all the BS commotion? As I look back on all that pain, it's likely culturally influenced. It made zero or no logical sense to me. After all, we're as 'a primary focus' all Green Bay Packer Fans It was time to simply face reality.

In another reality just how many times would the Green Bay Packers have to deal with Brett Favre! Wasn't it on those times, simply 'get your Big Boy Pants 'on?

Coming from a different Culture, a Country where 'Pro Hockey is the RAVE'; we're used to Pro Sports teams trading star (any player). We're aware that trade often will come back to haunt the PRO's original Team when he returns to what was once HOME. As Canucks and Pro Sports Fans, we're well aware, that's exactly what's on that Pro's mind on his new teams next visit to his former home.

A 'Pro's Pride' is not measurable or predictable. In the case of 'the Guy' the Packers traded or Brett Favre. You certainly as a Packer Fan had to know that might very predictably come back to haunt the Green Bay Packers. This is afterall, 'The Toughest MAN' in all of Pro Sports History. Too many Analysts will inform you, if you doubt that or are somehow deluded in thinking otherwise, that your seriously wrong.

Any PRO and certainly 'that Guy' is going to 'do 'all he can to rub it in your face'. A 'Pro's Pride' is not measurable or predictable.

Focusing on this matter.The Guy and Packerrats and Packer Nation is BRETT FAVRE. He's returning and you had to know it was in all likelihood going to be 'Bad Ass' on the Green Bay Packers and any return Matchup.

As a Green Bay Packer Fan I simply accepted it all as it was Aaron Rodgers turn and certain time and at the same time enjoyed 'the Brett Favre Show'. The Small 's' show here at Packerrats was a sad and unfortunate mess that had to give our Owner over the TOP too many unnecessary headaches..

Brett Favre and 'laying on the lumber', was nothing out of the ordinary in my long experience as a Pro Sports Fan. That should be expected and observing 'a proper Pro attitude'.

It all falls under the category 'shit happens' in Pro Sports. That works on both sides of the Pro Sport Business Equasion.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Repped.

The trading of Brett Favre to the New York Jets had a lot of unfortunate repercussive effects here at Packerrats, as the Favre 'Loyal' had to try to deal with the 'Favre Haters'.

It's questionable which side - The Favre Loyal OR the Favre Haters; suffered the most losses. In TRUTH Packerrats ultimately LOST. To this day I felt that was 'just sad'.

I personally realized the brutality of it all.I fiercely defended my right to be the PRO Sports Fan. I rallied around 'the Democratic Right of Free Choice'.

What in 'H' was all the BS commotion? As I look back on all that pain, it's likely culturally influenced. It made zero or no logical sense to me. After all, we're as 'a primary focus' all Green Bay Packer Fans It was time to simply face reality.

In another reality just how many times would the Green Bay Packers have to deal with Brett Favre! Wasn't it on those times, simply 'get your Big Boy Pants 'on?

Coming from a different Culture, a Country where 'Pro Hockey is the RAVE'; we're used to Pro Sports teams trading star (any player). We're aware that trade often will come back to haunt the PRO's original Team when he returns to what was once HOME. As Canucks and Pro Sports Fans, we're well aware, that's exactly what's on that Pro's mind on his new teams next visit to his former home.

A 'Pro's Pride' is not measurable or predictable. In the case of 'the Guy' the Packers traded or Brett Favre. You certainly as a Packer Fan had to know that might very predictably come back to haunt the Green Bay Packers. This is afterall, 'The Toughest MAN' in all of Pro Sports History. Too many Analysts will inform you, if you doubt that or are somehow deluded in thinking otherwise, that your seriously wrong.

Any PRO and certainly 'that Guy' is going to 'do 'all he can to rub it in your face'. A 'Pro's Pride' is not measurable or predictable.

Focusing on this matter.The Guy and Packerrats and Packer Nation is BRETT FAVRE. He's returning and you had to know it was in all likelihood going to be 'Bad Ass' on the Green Bay Packers and any return Matchup.

As a Green Bay Packer Fan I simply accepted it all as it was Aaron Rodgers turn and certain time and at the same time enjoyed 'the Brett Favre Show'. The Small 's' show here at Packerrats was a sad and unfortunate mess that had to give our Owner over the TOP too many unnecessary headaches..

Brett Favre and 'laying on the lumber', was nothing out of the ordinary in my long experience as a Pro Sports Fan. That should be expected and observing 'a proper Pro attitude'.

It all falls under the category 'shit happens' in Pro Sports. That works on both sides of the Pro Sport Business Equasion.
    Excellent post.

You know that Mazzin is now a 40-something, chain-smoking, grape soda guzzling hausfrau, right?

How's that 'Members List' located?

I thought it simply disappeared.

Tank/APB, do you (or anybody else for that matter) remember when FYI began - as just one long thread in the JSOnline forum? I don't actually remember you back then. I know Harlan was around then and TH87, who I went round and round with in political discussions. Beyond that, I can't recall any of the current posters who go back that far. When that first one folded, I took a year or two off, as I recall. I then got kinda half-heartedly into the second JSOnline until I was recruited away by a guy named Kevin. I can't recall the name of his forum, but posted there until I got fed up with it and they with me hahahahaha. JoeMailman posted there too, and he put me on to this place.

I do remember a lot of you guys at that later JSOnline. I don't think I ever posted in SportsBubblers.

Seems like there hasn't been much posting today.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Tank/APB, do you (or anybody else for that matter) remember when FYI began - as just one long thread in the JSOnline forum? I don't actually remember you back then. I know Harlan was around then and TH87, who I went round and round with in political discussions. Beyond that, I can't recall any of the current posters who go back that far. When that first one folded, I took a year or two off, as I recall. I then got kinda half-heartedly into the second JSOnline until I was recruited away by a guy named Kevin. I can't recall the name of his forum, but posted there until I got fed up with it and they with me hahahahaha. JoeMailman posted there too, and he put me on to this place.

I do remember a lot of you guys at that later JSOnline. I don't think I ever posted in SportsBubblers.

Seems like there hasn't been much posting today.
    I did not start posting at JSO til around 2004, so perhaps you're talking about an older version of JSO. But pretty sure I was around during the FYI days. A Lions fan started the FYI thread bragging about a Lion acquisition, someone mentioned global warming, and the rest was mama fuckin' history, methinks.

ps. none of those things are deal-breakers for me. Come back Mazzin honey!

When logged on, click "community" on top of page between "calendar" and "forum actions." Then click "Member List."

Godspeed.

When logged on, click "community" on top of page between "calendar" and "forum actions." Then click "Member List."

Godspeed.
    Thanks Packer Fan.

Congrats on #30,000 Woody!

A true Packerrats legend.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Congrats on #30,000 Woody!

A true Packerrats legend.
    The respect is mutual esoxx.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    remember when we all strove to get to 1000 posts on JSO?

That place was the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    remember when we all strove to get to 1000 posts on JSO?

That place was the bomb.
    No shit. Wild wild west. Especially when it stayed up and running with no oversight. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    No shit. Wild wild west. Especially when it stayed up and running with no oversight. Crazy.
    Somehow your Post reminds me of a Poster we had here at Packerrats by the name Mr. Blonde.

I'm trying to recall if Mr. Blonde posted at JSO and then It got to this:

Mr. Blonde : Listen kid, I'm not gonna bullshit you, all right? I don't give a good f.. k what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a cop. You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before. All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get.

[He removes his razor]

Mr. Blonde : You ever listen to K-Billy's "Super Sounds of the Seventies" weekend? It's my personal favorite.

Mr. Blonde : Eddie, you keep talking like a bitch, I'm gonna slap you like a bitch.

Marvin : I already told you I don't know anything about any f'ing setup; you can torture me all you want.

Mr. Blonde : Torture you? That's a good idea. I like that.

Mr. Blonde : Was that as good for you as it was for me?