Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
I agree which is why I like signing Bennett and Kendrick last year before Bennett became...well, himself.

Problem is that Graham can't block and Mercedes can no longer run. The key to his statement was "block, catch, run"

This is why MM is outdated and finished imo. First, he has always thought having a blocking TE was a good idea. Kevin Barry blocking as a TE was a good idea. A guy 70 pounds lighter than Barry that can't run a route anymore is...well...kevin barry light.

Now I said I can be onboard with Graham as our TE since MM can't figure out how to use a multi talented TE anyway, but now we sign a no catch blocking TE. Are we going to run like we did when Hundley was the QB or are we going to call 10 runs a game like we did against Carolina?

Wist like to talk about Capers being clueless with the 2-4, but honestly I think when it comes to TE play MM has no fucking clue whatsoever and this signing proves it. Teams will put 8 men in the box whenever Lewis is in the game, we will run into their teeth and MM will wonder how in the world they knew we wouldn't pass the ball.

Edit: He might get really creative and have Lewis pass block and send 3 WR into a route and wonder why no one got open.
I'm not sure why this rant about McCarthy not utilizing TEs well. When he had a guy like Graham (Finley and Cook), he utilized them well. It would be great to have three great, all around TEs. There aren't many teams that even have two decent ones. The Chargers with Gates and Henry may have been the closest. Philadelphia did fine with three players with a similar skill set as the Packers current group. Ertz and Graham being the flex TEs, Celek and Lewis being the blocking TEs, and Burton and Kendricks being the undersized flex/H-Back types.