Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My 30,000th Post at Packerrats ...Thanks Packer Fans - woodbuck27

My 30,000th Post at Packerrats ...Thanks Packer Fans - woodbuck27

I'm pleased to make my 30 K Post here at our Packer Home Packerrats.

This wouldn't be possible without the generous support of Madtownpacker, the Owner of Packerrats. Thanks so much Mad.

I began my Journey to Packerrats a long time ago. It really began with my love of playing Baseball as a youngster and in 1957 when I was a Milwaukee Brave Fan and them playing against the New York Yankees in the World Seried in the years 1956 and 1958.

Somehow I learned of an NFL Team and also in Wisconsin, called the Green Bay Packers and there was a Local Men's Softball Team in Saint John NB, Canada I enjoyed watch playing with the Name 'The Packers', so it just fell into place and my Journey began as a Green Bay Packer Fan.

After the Great Vince Lombardi came to the Packers and throughout the 1960's it totally fell into place. It was easy to love 'the Packers'. Those 1960's Teams were something else to follow and enjoy see win so often.

Most of the Lad's in my Hood were CFL Fans. I was as well and enjoying following the Ottawa Rough Riders. Yet, The Packers and the Green & Gold worked with my Irish Canadian Roots and got that grip on me. Of all Pro Sports Teams I followed ie Les Habitants - The Montreal Canadians and the Boston Celtics - my favourite Pro Team became The Lombardi led Green Bay Packers.

THE PACKERS, with too many Star players to mention here. Any Packer fan today should know who they are and how many of them were eventually inducted into the NFL Hall Of Fame. Throughout these past six decades as 'a proud Packer fan', I enjoyed many other Great Packer Players follow them with marvelous Careers and be inducted into the PRO Football HOF. We just witnessed the Great Pulling Guard and 'a Leader of the Famous Lombardi Sweep, Jerry Kramer inducted this Spring.

It was amazing to me how this Packer Team won Championships so often in the 1960's and including the first two (what I deem) Super Bowls I and II.

As I came online, I discovered various Packer Fan Forms where everything Packers was discussed and this was all very interesting to me. As a Packer Fan and such, just before the beginning of the Lombardi Era and throughout the 1960's. I was spoiled. After Lombardi it got to really not happening no matter how much I wanted to see Championship again it got into two very lean decades.

It was 'a long time Favre coming', hahaha.

Thus my deep respect and appreciation for Brett Favre, I had other Sports Hero's like MLB Great Henry Aaron and The Big "M' Frank Mahovlich and Guy Lafleur of the NHL and Larry Bird of the Boston Celtics; but no Pro Athlete got into my Fan Spirit as Brett Favre somehow managed to do.

So Packerats my Journey to the 30,000th Post here and with this Post now at Packerrats began 61 Years ago. My membership here since March 2006, followed my participation on three or four other Packer Fan sites.

It's been 'an interesting Ride'. It's been 'a real blast'.

Thank You Packerrats. Again .... Thanks Mad.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-16-2018 at 10:54 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I don't celebrate until 31,642.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

if we counted the days of the JS Forum for those who were around for that, where would we be at?
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    if we counted the days of the JS Forum for those who were around for that, where would we be at?
    Hi ND72:

If I include my Packer and NFL Posts on 'aboutforums.com, The JSO Packer Forum and the The Christian Explorer? Packer Forum; that many of us went to after the JS Packer Forum.

I would estimate that my Grand Total of Packer/NFL Posts. would be in the region of pbmax's TOTAL of Posts here at Packerrats, or approx. 55 K Posts, and that just since the ** Spring of 2004 **.

I posted RE: The Packers and the NFL prior to **.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Good post, Woodbuck. Interesting history and written in a very understandable way.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Good post, Woodbuck. Interesting history and written in a very understandable way.
    Thanks Fritz.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Hi ND72:

If I include my Packer and NFL Posts on 'aboutforums.com, The JSO Packer Forum and the The Christian Explorer? Packer Forum; that many of us went to after the JS Packer Forum.

I would estimate that my Grand Total of Packer/NFL Posts. would be in the region of pbmax's TOTAL of Posts here at Packerrats, or approx. 55 K Posts, and that just since the ** Spring of 2004 **.

I posted RE: The Packers and the NFL prior to **.

Congrats Woody!

Didn't realize you went back to the Christian Encourager....I myself date back to JSO Online as does Tex for sure as I recall inane takes back then.

You are a long timer.

Congrats Woody.

As I recall, JSO back in the day would have an article on the Packer sports page from the spring minicamp and it would stay the same article and picture for 3 months. It was like that article was taunting me.

Out of that horrible, horrible boredom was birthed participation in the JSO forums. I know Harv, Bretsky, GBRulz, ziggy and Mad were on there (Bretsky invited me here) but I don't remember anyone else's handle except the one dope who was doxing people (before the term was doxing).

I am sure there were others. I wonder of the internet archive kept the comments?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Congrats Woody.

As I recall, JSO back in the day would have an article on the Packer sports page from the spring minicamp and it would stay the same article and picture for 3 months. It was like that article was taunting me.

Out of that horrible, horrible boredom was birthed participation in the JSO forums. I know Harv, Bretsky, GBRulz, ziggy and Mad were on there (Bretsky invited me here) but I don't remember anyone else's handle except the one dope who was doxing people (before the term was doxing).

I am sure there were others. I wonder of the internet archive kept the comments?
    I think I was Rastak back then. I joined the summer after Ray Rhodes was named coach and Harvey said a few years ago "I figured you showed up to troll" but honestly it was when he was appointed and I thought it was a good move. Turned out not to be so of course but that's hindsight.

Congrats my neighbor to the south!
    C.H.U.D.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I go way back to JSO. Those were the best times. Then the CE. We got kicked out of there.
    Then this place.

I have taken years off of this place, but it is an old shoe.

TL/DR

Congratulations Woody. I appreciate you.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    TL/DR

Congratulations Woody. I appreciate you.
    Lol

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Congrats WB. You're now eligible for enshrinement into the PackerRats HOF. You have my vote.

I would've had 30 K by now had Madtown not deleted all of my "Ted is Trapped in the Closet" threads. BTW, when bored, do y'all enjoy re-reading your old posts and laughing at your ole jokes? I do.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 05-18-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks for update, Woodman, I stopped counting after 20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Then the CE.
    Christian Encourager and the rats - a match made in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Thanks for update, Woodman, I stopped counting after 20,000.
    How could I forget? Blue Dog was a JSO too. So was 007.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Me too. I remember arguing with someone named Skinny that Andrew Bogut would have a better career than Marvin Williams. Turns out they are about a push.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I just had a flash back to the Christian Encourager days.

Madtown was the driving force behind the exodus out of that rightous shithole. I was just the Karbuncle in that deal, going along with Festus's plan.

Anyway, the owner of CE was some guy from the northwoods, forget his name. But he got the notion that I was the guy leading a revolution against his church of packers & redemption. The wiley, swarthy Madtown was happy to encourage this theory. That holy roller reamed me out like I was satan, disloyal to him and to Jesus Hisself. So I got banned from CE for my treachery.

I came over from JSO forums although I did not vegin posting here regularly until the PackerAddict site went belly up.