Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Packers Sign OT Byron Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Maybe its just me, but most of the anxiety I felt about our receivers disappeared with the lewis signing. Now that Graham can go be a receiver, plus the new options in the mix at numbers 3-5 I can`t see us having less talent than last year. Plus Cobb will be fighting for his contract so he will be on maximum effort.

As to the bell signing, our OL needs healthy bodies. Hope he can be one
    I'd feel more comfortable if we really had that GUY to support D. Adams but I'm looking t this as that assessment year and I'm hoping to be surprised .

In the next two Seasons we'll see if it all comes together.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'd feel more comfortable if we really had that GUY to support D. Adams but I'm looking t this as that assessment year and I'm hoping to be surprised .

In the next two Seasons we'll see if it all comes together.
    That guy is Graham/Cobb.

It seems like some people are selling short the new WRs we have. I'd say these three draft picks look like they are more talented than anybody we've had for a long time. Combine that with the fact that Aaron Rodgers makes anybody better, and we will be fine at WR. It was surprising to me to see Davante Adams listed as a top 50 NFL player. I tend to think of him as a decent, not great receiver who benefits from the greatness of Rodgers. Now, we have Graham who has been a legitimate NFL star, and who I expect to thrive like in his best years with Rodgers throwing to him.

But this thread is about a mediocre O Lineman we signed. I've seen him stink it up with the Cowboys. Hopefully, he can do better as a big immobile guard than when he floundered at tackle. Our whole O Line is another case of overrating and being considered as good as they are mainly because of Aaron Rodgers' mobility and overall talent.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    That guy is Graham/Cobb.
    I can't wait to see it all begin again in Sept.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

https://www.packers.com/news/byron-bell-cuts-no-corners

Saturday, Jun 02, 2018 10:00 AM

Byron Bell cuts no corners

spofford-headshot - Mike Spofford - PACKERS.COM SENIOR WRITER

GREEN BAY - " ...When Byron Bell needed to get to Green Bay to sign his new contract earlier this week, he had to take care of something first.

He had to mow his mom’s lawn.

The two-hour project, with a push mower no less, on his mother’s property in their hometown of Greenville, Texas, took priority because Bell has never been allowed to skip out or cut corners when it comes to work. ..."

Please click on the LINK above for the rest of this story on our newest OLman Byron Bell.

Do the packers require their right tackle to have B.B. initials? Sometimes I think Capers remained on the staff so long was because his initials were D.C.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!