Thread: RB pecking order 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I almost worry about that. What change what was working?
    Well, except that he injured both knees. I think they're hoping added lower body strength will reduce pressure on his knee ligaments.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Well, except that he injured both knees. I think they're hoping added lower body strength will reduce pressure on his knee ligaments.
    I am not sure that computes if he has added weight.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think we're talking about 5-10 pounds. He's not channeling his inner Lacy.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...ss-protection/

Running backs coach Ben Sirmans said the Packers asked Jones to get bigger and stronger this offseason, and he rose to the challenge.

“I think he saw also for himself what he could benefit from, particularly with his lower body,” Sirmans said last week. “He could benefit from playing stronger and not just from an injury standpoint avoiding those things, but also it will help him break more tackles and do those things.”

Jones, who played at 208 pounds last season, said he’s added size but hasn’t lost any of his elite quickness. In fact, he’s feeling more explosive.

“Any athlete wants to get bigger and stronger as long as they can stay explosive. I still just as explosive as I was, if not more,” Jones said.

His knees are also feeling strong. Jones said he had a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment after the season and hasn’t had any issues throughout the offseason. Twice last season, Jones sprained his MCL.

“About a week after the season, I had a PRP done. I was feeling good after that, got right into training,” Jones said. “Felt good ever since. Haven’t had any problems with my knees.”

knee rehab is all about strengthening the muscles. the weight added is right there around the knees...not dead weight on/above the knee like a fat belly would be.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    knee rehab is all about strengthening the muscles. the weight added is right there around the knees...not dead weight on/above the knee like a fat belly would be.
    I agree with this.

I just experienced some issue and weakness in my left knee. I took it slow and gradually through exercise strengthens the knee muscles.

I may have been contending with some fluid and in a lifetime of playing sports and a lot of hard work and aging; all that was likely 'was a factor'. Thankfully and 'knock on wood' it seems strong now.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I agree with this.

I just experienced some issue and weakness in my left knee. I took it slow and gradually through exercise strengthens the knee muscles.

I may have been contending with some fluid and in a lifetime of playing sports and a lot of hard work and aging; all that was likely 'was a factor'. Thankfully and 'knock on wood' it seems strong now.
    Its probably just a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Stronger doesn't mean weight gain. He has gained weight according to reports. That has proven problematic for athletes that require quickness before.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Stronger doesn't mean weight gain. He has gained weight according to reports. That has proven problematic for athletes that require quickness before.
    Stronger certainly can mean weight gain if you're adding muscle.